berger bm6

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

I used the search best I could anyone else using berger bm6?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Never even heard of it. Did you search using Google and then adding @thcfarmer.com?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I have some of this went to a hydro store asking for promix and this is what they directed me to. no mycorizzae but 30 bucks instead of 50. pretty much the same consistency of promix hp.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I have some of this went to a hydro store asking for promix and this is what they directed me to. no mycorizzae but 30 bucks instead of 50. pretty much the same consistency of promix hp.

I wonder if we have the same store hahaha thats how I ended up looking at it the young long hair looked at me like I was an idiot when I asked for promix said he'd never heard of it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I bought my very first bag of Pro-Mix from LOWE'S. $30 for the 2.2cu' bale. Fair price?

dizzlekush

dizzlekush

I used the search best I could anyone else using berger bm6?
Feel lucky, Berger BM6 is the best, cheapest, most consistent peat mix you'll find out there. Better than sunshine or ProMix easy. Here's a little something from Spurr about them:

spurr said:
"1. Berger is ISO-9001 certified, that's a really big plus, re quality control and overall business operations.

2. Berger works with NCSU Floraculture Dept., check out Berger's YouTube channel for a few great vids with the head of NCSU Floracutlure Dept.!

3. Berger understands how to ideally use soilless media for highest air porosity and best plant growth. Re pre-whetting before putting in container, 'pulse' watering, etc.

4. I have read a few good studies of Berger BM6 and it's provides very good results.

5. Berger is pH adjusted with dolomite and calcidic lime to 5.8-6.2, each batch is tested in a lab (re ISO-9001 certification).

6. Berger is less expensive than Pro-Mix and Sunshine that's marketed to cannabis growers.

7. Berger BM6 is ~78% chunky/coarse blond s.peat and 22% chunky perlite (I don't like the use of perlite, fwiw). Berger also sells a Cornell Peat-lite B mix, which is very similar to that of Pro-Mix BX and Sunshine Mix #4, re Cornell Peat-lite mix B (not mix A).

8. Berger BM4 is just their chunky/coarse blond s.peat with d.lime, c.lime and non-ionic surfactant. BM4 is the best choice for those who wish to make their own soilless media."

Camdawg

Camdawg

That's what's up thanks dizzle does jacks pro play well with the bm6?

Jboys3

Jboys3

Feel lucky, Berger BM6 is the best, cheapest, most consistent peat mix you'll find out there. Better than sunshine or ProMix easy. Here's a little something from Spurr about them:
I am an avid fan of Advanced Sunshine Mix #4. I use it and add perlite in a 4-1 ratio using 15 gallon pots. Might be worth running a test to see if it works...

Jboys3

Jboys3

I only pay $36.00 for a compressed 3.6 bag of Sunshine Advanced Mix #4.

dizzlekush

dizzlekush

That's what's up thanks dizzle does jacks pro play well with the bm6?
I've never run BM6. I tried to source it about a year back but unfortunately Berger has no distribution where I live.

I've run Jack's in both Sunshine #4 and Promix for many runs and it works great. I can all but guarantee Berger will work at least as well.
I am an avid fan of Advanced Sunshine Mix #4. I use it and add perlite in a 4-1 ratio using 15 gallon pots. Might be worth running a test to see if it works...
Nothing wrong with Sunshine, I've used it quite a lot, and it's a solid peat mix. The peat moss supplied by Sun Gro (makers of Sunshine) seems to be an inferior product compared to say Premier (makers of ProMix) or Alaska peat though. It tends to have much less microbial density and diversity, less humic content and finer particle size. Not that its bad at all, Ill use Sunshine over a coco mix or bagged 'soil' any day, I just would never consider it the cream of the crop r.e. peat mixes. Might not make much of a difference in the end, at least that's what I tell myself every time I buy some Sunshine.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice seeing you post up some solid, dizzle. I've been wondering where spurr's got himself at. If you 'see' him regularly, send him a hello from me, wouldja?

Jboys3

Jboys3

I've never run BM6. I tried to source it about a year back but unfortunately Berger has no distribution where I live.

I've run Jack's in both Sunshine #4 and Promix for many runs and it works great. I can all but guarantee Berger will work at least as well.

Nothing wrong with Sunshine, I've used it quite a lot, and it's a solid peat mix. The peat moss supplied by Sun Gro (makers of Sunshine) seems to be an inferior product compared to say Premier (makers of ProMix) or Alaska peat though. It tends to have much less microbial density and diversity, less humic content and finer particle size. Not that its bad at all, Ill use Sunshine over a coco mix or bagged 'soil' any day, I just would never consider it the cream of the crop r.e. peat mixes. Might not make much of a difference in the end, at least that's what I tell myself every time I buy some Sunshine.
Thanks for your feedback. I am not sure if I can find Premier in my area or if its price is much higher than Sunshine #4, but I will give it a try if I can get my hands on some.

Top Bottom