Best 5x5 tent these days

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

I bought a Opulent about a year ago & thought it gets a lot of great reviews I honestly kinda hate it. It is single stitched & now is has a 3-4" rip on the front door zipper seam, I admit this is largely my fault as I stretched it real tight with side support polls but single stitch??? what the hell were they thinking? 🤷‍♂️
The zipper is crap too, kinks up constantly with the flap of fabric that is "supposed" to block light , it doesn't.
As much as I hate Mars Hydro I think their tent looks pretty solid & reasonably priced at about $175, thought it looked better than the Spider Farmer at $220.
Any better choices out there? Gorilla doesn't seem worth the double price as it gets many of the same complaints as some of the half price models.
I don't know why no one designs a tent with side support bars so you don't have to go aftermarket. 🤷‍♂️

Glassdub

Glassdub

Yeah, I was looking at them on Amazon, had a hard time seeing the zipper quality & one reviewer really ripped on the stich quality, that made me gun-shy.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Anymore it's just one half dozen and another. Gorilla, AC Infinity or ChingChongHungOne there all pretty much junk now days I've got a new 2x4 Gorilla and it's not as good as my 5 or 6 year old Gorilla 3x3. If you want tall tents Gorilla is about the only common option. Otherwise it's Russian Rolette China Style with anything else.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I bought a no name 5 x 5 tent and I wish I had bought the AC Infinity tent. After I bought the no name tent a buddy of mine calls me telling me he had bought the ACI tent so I went to check it out and it's nice. Zippers are heavy duty(I saw the same mention about zipper quality as the OP but I didn't see or have any issues when I put them through their paces!) and operate smoothly.

I bought the ACI T6 unit and I love it! The controller is brilliant and does all the heavy lifting when it comes to regulating humidity and Temp in the tent. Had I bought the ACI tent I'd have a place to put my controller and be able to run my data leads through the wall with zero light leak!

I recommend buying the entire kit they have which includes the tent itself, fan and carbon filter, scrog net, cloth pots, trimmers, etc.

Running GG4 seedlings that just sprouted their 5th node so time to FIM and Top!!

Frostie069

Frostie069

Anyone have any reviews on pine lab tents? Mate is looking to get one but can’t find much online about them.

Anthem

Anthem

Anyone have any reviews on pine lab tents? Mate is looking to get one but can’t find much online about them.
To be honest, I think they are all made in the same area. The cost varies but they all rip sooner or later. If you get 3 years out of a tent that is pretty good. The more expensive ones last somewhat longer. The one thing that can come in handy is height. If you can fit a 7’11” tall in your grow location it will get you out of a jamb if the plants get too big.

Frostie069

Frostie069

To be honest, I think they are all made in the same area. The cost varies but they all rip sooner or later. If you get 3 years out of a tent that is pretty good. The more expensive ones last somewhat longer. The one thing that can come in handy is height. If you can fit a 7’11” tall in your grow location it will get you out of a jamb if the plants get too big.
Yeah height is a big one, Ive had to add the extension on mine for LED space requirements.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’ve had my gorilla tent a while and i love it still absolutely solid no issues whatsoever at least yet..
wish i had got the camo version!
wasn’t in stock at the time..

Frostie069

Frostie069

i’ve had my gorilla tent a while and i love it still absolutely solid no issues whatsoever at least yet..
wish i had got the camo version!
wasn’t in stock at the time..
Mines a week old, very happy with it, I’ve told my mate to get one but some people like to be different, pine lab is $70 cheaper so it’s not a cost thing, he wants the white lining interior, also likes all the extras that come with the pine lab tents.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mines a week old, very happy with it, I’ve told my mate to get one but some people like to be different, pine lab is $70 cheaper so it’s not a cost thing, he wants the white lining interior, also likes all the extras that come with the pine lab tents.
i will agree with rather having a white interior, hopefully gorilla makes one with white interior and camo outside!!..

Frostie069

Frostie069

i will agree with rather having a white interior, hopefully gorilla makes one with white interior and camo outside!!..
what’s up with the white lining? He says it’s meant to run cooler, but that’s a double edged sword.

Don’t say that, I can’t buy another one…

Glassdub

Glassdub

Still, $600 for a 5x5 is 3 times too much while not being 3 times better IMO.
I think I would go with AC Infinity if I was to replace, but I patched up Opulent pretty well for the time being.

Frostie069

Frostie069

Still, $600 for a 5x5 is 3 times too much while not being 3 times better IMO.
I think I would go with AC Infinity if I was to replace, but I patched up Opulent pretty well for the time being.
spider farmer and ac infinity I looked at and liked, when comparing paper to paper they’re much to much, when reading and watching reviews, gorilla seemed to be the better choice if you don’t mind paying extra. It is still claimed that they’re the ultimate for long lasting, zip quality and holding/blocking light. In all honesty, out of the “better” brands of tents here in oz, gorilla is not that over priced.

Green fingers is my mates previous tent, lasted him years without issues, also they score great in the reviews too.

Love the look of the spider farmer and ac infinity.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what’s up with the white lining? He says it’s meant to run cooler, but that’s a double edged sword.

Don’t say that, I can’t buy another one…
ok sorry.. i’m stupid and stoned.. i researched this couple yrs ago, hahaha my previous post is wrong..
with metal halide and hps, diamond mylar is best, with Led’s a type of white is best..

Frostie069

Frostie069

ok sorry.. i’m stupid and stoned.. i researched this couple yrs ago, hahaha my previous post is wrong..
with metal halide and hps, diamond mylar is best, with Led’s a type of white is best..
ok mate thanks, smoke on!!!

at the moment im only running the LEDs at 20%, need sunnies, so bright inside 😎

Frostie069

Frostie069

one thing I've noticed that I'm not fond of with the gorilla 5X5, I don't know if all sizes are the same or different year models, but the rear tent zipper is of a different quality to the rest and is pretty loud and not smooth like all the others.

Frostie069

Frostie069

If your situation allows for it, why not go lumber and foam board? Build it exactly to your specifications with better materials for less money 🤷‍♂️
I hear you and that was the plan however in my situation, I went for the speed of setup with buying a tent also buying a tent controlled the size and expense.

I can assure you, everything I do I have to over think and over complicate, it would have definitely cost me more to build the room to my spec, which isn't the real reason for the tent, the sealed room would have been much bigger than 5X5, more like 8X5, which I shouldn't go bigger, and because of design it would have taken time.

if we moved to a better residential growing location, bigger and sealed would be the go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom