Best Air Conditioner / Dehumidifier combo for a 5x5 tent

• Thread starter GorillaCloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GorillaCloset

Hey all. I'm starting on my 2nd grow in a 5x5 tent, my 3rd grow total. The last grow I encountered high temps and high humidity. Luckily I didn't lose my crop to mold etc. My setup definitely needs improvements, like an addition of an A/C unit and dehumidifier combo. I was looking at the Sunleaves Portable Dual-Hose A/C , but that thing is huge. I want to do a closed system, with the air conditioner inside the 5x5 tent.

So what is the best air conditioner / dehumidifer combo for a 5x5 tent?

Thank you

N

NugNation

Honestly dude trying to run a sealed setup in a tent is a huge pain in the ass. first you have to find an air conditioner that won't exchange any air, then you have to seal every other part of the tent.

In tents space is very valuable. You can grow a qp sized plant easily in the space that an air conditioner takes up. Growing 1 extra plant is much easier than the headaches of setting up and maintaining a sealed room and will ultimately yield you the same amount of pot. I put my portable unit in my 8x4 for my first run in it and it fuckin sucked. it blew shitloads of stinky air all over the place and didn't cool the inside efficiently at all.

For round 2 i pulled the a/c unit out and ghetto-fabricated a cover for it that ducts the air into the tent, with the help of a duct booster fan. Looks like shit but works like a fucking charm. My temps and humidity have been perfect since then and I have space for at least one more big ass plant inside the tent. wait til you can build a real room to muck around with sealing it off.

Photo
F

f1ydave

This is the 1 I bought Danby 3 in 1 (Best brand currently) - $399 @ Bestbuy (I paid $375 at a local store)

You may not need that much cooling power. Danby has a 10k BTU

Call around to some appliance stores for a better price or floor model.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
i can personally confirm nug's claims...don't even bother trying to run a seal..it is a pain in the ass and doesn't work..im sure there is a way,like metioned,but not worth it in the least..fortunately when i did do it,it was below the canopy in between plants,so didn't take away from my yield,but didn't cool efficiently at all..always running etc. i have heard of many rigging up a makeshift duct feeding into the tent with no complaints..

Burn

G

GorillaCloset

Thanks for your input guys! I really appreciate it.

Ok, so taking what you guys said into consideration and putting the a/c unit outside the tent and rigging it... How do I make it so that the a/c unit isnt running constantly? The temps are definitely going to be different in the tent (where the a/c is blowing all its cool air) as opposed to outside the tent?

F

f1ydave

You can put the A/C on a timer. You can program scheduled runs. You have options.

J

jglass

a/c units

i personally like the self contained units that i can then plug into a temp/humidity controller. im not working in a tent so my space is not as tight. I used to have a unit in the wall sticking out into the adjacent room but that caused way to many drainage and stinkage probs...

good luck!
:talking

L

lowdowndirty

so what if co2 is the reason for a sealed tent? im trying to do this same thing 5x5, 1k, with one vent hole open at the top the humidity is 73% and the temp is around 80. i was looking into getting a port. a/c to control this

mancdank

mancdank

Hey all. I'm starting on my 2nd grow in a 5x5 tent, my 3rd grow total. The last grow I encountered high temps and high humidity. Luckily I didn't lose my crop to mold etc. My setup definitely needs improvements, like an addition of an A/C unit and dehumidifier combo. I was looking at the Sunleaves Portable Dual-Hose A/C , but that thing is huge. I want to do a closed system, with the air conditioner inside the 5x5 tent.

So what is the best air conditioner / dehumidifer combo for a 5x5 tent?

Thank you
Bro your pissing against the wind trying to run a ac in side of the tent. Put the ac in the room that the tent is in it runs much better

Notamastergrower

Notamastergrower

I am having this problem as well...I guess maybe I should seal the room hang the light in it and turn my 5x5 into a veg space where the lights don't have to run at the max?

Top Bottom