Best Bday Ever!!! 70's seeds!

• Thread starter strainman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, its my 23rd bday 2day and i just received the greatest present ever! My grandma gave me a plastic container with over 100 seeds from the 70's!!!
She confiscated them back in the day from my
uncle (her son) and has had them since... all seeds look healthy and will def be used for breeding, my goal is to create more seeds from these strains and distribute them to better preserve the genetics for future generations..

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, happy birthday bro!! Couldn't think of a better present. Maybe seeds from the 60's, lol.

true grit

true grit

Damn sounds like a fun project, your uncle happen to know any more bout the seeds?

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
yo revolution I was just about to repost cuz I talked to her and she said they are possibly from the late 60's I'ma get more info from my uncle and pops as far as what strains might possibly be in there... my pops said they usta have panama red, panama black, columbian, Acupulco gold and in around 1970-74 Thai/Thai stick, but he is a bit younger than my uncle so I'll post more accurate info when I get it..

fractaLz

fractaLz

DAAAAAMN.... Smoking one down to strainman's G-ma. Happy bday bro!

S

Sweetcheeba420

Premium Member
Supporter
sweet !! Happy bday to U!

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
congrats n best wishes

wat a gift your momma is da best ieven lov her

keep us posted

1luvbigherb

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
amen..........great present and HAPPY BDAY !!!!!! If I were you............I'd be more concerned with finding out some info (IF anyone can remember it accurately) about what the psychoactive properties of the plants were, as these beans obviously came from bags. Strain names are just that..............names, don't really mean a thing to this fellow cannisour, ya dig? Also, don't be surprised if you have to grow out all of the beans ya got to find a few keepers. The parents of those beans prolly NEVER saw a false sun :)

amen and HAPPY BDAY again!!!!!!!
bf

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Happy B Day Bra !!!!
As long as there not Hemp seeds LOL kiddin i know your gonna be stoked..
i bet you get some amazing leaf patterns..
i have a mid 70's bean goin right now aswell from a family member

Post some pics maybe? be fun to look at them

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That is indeed a awesome gift.
After seeing a couple other story's like it a few month's ago.
I have placed a reward offer to some freind's if they can come up with some ol school seed's like that.
Jusy a tip. Logic has been working with some old bean's also.
He is using some special method's of popping them.
I will see If I can find where I read that for you.
Unless some one else know's and can chime in.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
df preservation project i believe is were logic was explaining the method

1luvbigherb

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Kick ass brother!!!!! I actually had pretty much the same thing happen to me when I was younger. The last batch of old seed I got was from my drummers father (Biologist/head). I was gifted a film canister stuffed to the brim with seeds from an open pollination that my buds father did in '96. My friends father said that there were a few Mexican varieties, some broad leaf cultivars(Afghani?) as well as some Columbian, Thai, and a few other unknowns. To date I've only sprouted a dozen seeds and only grew out the females. I took some clones of a couple of the ladies, but somehow I only managed to hang on to one cut. Its very sativa dominant, with indescribable fruity/floral/sour aromas. Its has an awesome cotton candy, sappy type of texture. Some excellent, unique, herb and breeding material awaits you brah!!! Best Wishes!!!!!!

F

Foxfarmfreak

Here's something that might help.....

Cape Super Smoke Plus is an absorbent paper that is impregnated with fynbos-smoke-saturated water. The paper is then dried and sealed in a polythene packet. When dormant seeds require "smoking", a predetermined volume of water is added to the paper in a suitable container and the seeds are "smoke-primed" by soaking in the smoke-water solution for 24 hours. In order to have the maximum effect in breaking seed dormancy, a range of natural germination stimulators has been added to the smoke solution to overcome other forms of seed dormancy found in many species.

or

The Seedman.com GA-3 Experimentation Kit
We have developed a simple kit to make it easy for everyone to experiment with GA-3 for seed germination.
Our kit comes with 20 special 50MM petri dishes that contain a disposable absorbent pad, you simply place the seeds onto the pad and apply solution, and observe he results, it's as simple as that!

We have also enclosed 20 each heavy duty 3" x 4" zip lock bags for large seeds or for the times you need to test a large quantity of seeds.

We have simplified the solution process as well. We include two small plastic vials of 34MG 90% GA-3. We also include a one ounce plastic hdpe bottle with dispensing cap, and a two ounce hdpe bottle with dispensing cap. Add one of the vials to the one ounce bottle along with one ounce of distilled water and you create a 1000 PPM solution. Add one of the vials to the 2 ounce bottle along with 2 ounces of distilled water, and you create a 500 PPM solution, it doesn't get any easier or simpler than this. We have even placed labels on the bottles noting the contents and PPM solution contained when mixed according to instructions.

To recap, each kit contains:
2 Ea. Plastic Vials containing 34mg GA-3 ( 90% )
20 50MM Special Petri Dishes with absorbent pad ( includes top for petri dish ).
1 Ea. 1 ounce HDPE Bottle with dispensing cap ( labeled 1000 PPM)
1 Ea. 2 ounce HDPE Bottle with dispensing cap ( labeled 500 PPM )
20 Each 3"x4" Zip-lock bags.
Instructions

Supposed to work wonders on old seeds....SEEDMAN.COM

Peace FFF:harvest:

Top Bottom