Best "Blue" Strain for a beginner?

• Thread starter RansacktheElder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RansacktheElder

Is there a particular "Blue" strain that would be as forgiving as possible with a beginning grower? My wife is infatuated with the thought of it and would like me to try some of that type next. I was thinking Blue Sonia or blueberry but I'm really unsure which is best to start with. Thanks in advance!

R

RansacktheElder

I know, I've seen it.....I don't think she'll fall in love with the name. She might with the smoke, but not that particular strain name....<chuckle> I know, I know....if you're married to a COMPLETE novice you might understand what I'm going through here.

R

RansacktheElder

I'm thinking about doing that, but I'm torn. Something like that messes up stories you tell for years to come. I mean, the last good weed I had was skunk #1 about 10 years ago. How would I feel if it really wasn't skunk #1 and I'd been telling people that all this time? I'll probably do it anyway and tell her the real name after she smokes it. At that point I could call it Satan's baby killer and she'd still be on board! Alrighty, tell me of the blue cheese my friend.

R

RansacktheElder

I think you're on to something there. I'm in.... Perfect plan....Thanks!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi, is there any guarantee that these blues strains will actually turn blue?.. Is there any 1 strain that goes by the promise of being blue or purple, for a novice like me. ?

R

RUEBEN

i've seen threads and posts to the liking of querkle from TGA....supposed to turn purple and taste like grapes, i was looking at that for a spring grow....rueben:stonedsmilie:

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
theres never any guaruntees but dropping temps during last two weeks helps to bring out the colours :)

Cheers Ripz and Rueben, suppose theres always a slight gamble whenver using seeds.. Would really like to get some purples going. Hopefully in summer if everything goes to plan.

R

RansacktheElder

Okay, looking through the strain guide I think I've found the blue that I want to grow. And it is....Skywalker! Now I have to find out who has the seeds on here? Anyway, Skywalker is a mix of Blueberry and Mazar and looks to be exactly what I want. Any info on this one?

D

Donk Frog

I ran the purps from bcbd no cold temps actually the wood stove was les than ten feet from them all winter and they both turned purple one went so dark purple it almost looked black:party0033:

B

baggins

Not sure about how easy to grow, but the blueist bud I have ever seen was TRC's blue indigo.

R

RansacktheElder

I'm torn.....does the sativa in Skywalker make it grow large? If so, that one's right out. THink I'll stick with the uk cheese and call it cheesecake! Hell, we nicknamed skunk #1, the Mook. I can do it again.

J

John Ditchweed

The bluest plant I have seen was nebu's blue ruskaya............... but as for ease of growth and great taste mountian jam was one of the best strains we have grown

P

phoenix

if u wanna get em from here i think chimera seeds will be available shortly and he has done some joiny x's with dj short so the chance of something blue would be pretty good.

R

RansacktheElder

Oh yes, I definately will do all my purchasing here. THis place Rocks! I have 30 good seeds now, so I'll be busy for the next 9 or so months I think. I can only grow ten at a time in my current set up. After that I'm going to work my way through the strain guide.<chuckle>

R

RansacktheElder

That's alright, I can overcome that with a screen or some serious LST.

R

RansacktheElder

Hmmmm....Alright, back up and punt! Blue Cheese you said?

K

kaneboy

skywalker is a great plant with purple/blue red coloring in flower and is a strain that once you grow it you will keep it such tasty buds and easy to grow

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Blue Satellite is an awesome strain!Good yielder awesome smell and taste and VERY, VERY frostie :).

IMG 2338

Its also very easy to grow.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Blubonic from Spice of Life seeds also is a good one!! RB

G

Guano

Chimera Seeds have some strains on their way to Logic including Grapefruit X Blueberry (aka SweetTooth 1.1)

I'm sure that combination of genetics would sound appealing to the Mrs

Some of the Blue strains can be a bit finicky but this strain is very easy to grow.

Top Bottom