Best Brand Coco Coir

• Thread starter Quitters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quitters

Quitters

so whats the best brand now days that doesn't need pre rinsing ?

:stonedsmilie:

B

boroboro

I don't have an answer, just another question: Do you really need to avoid pre-rinsing? I've used all sorts of coco, but after one bad experience I always rinse and pre-treat it now. I'm much more re-assured and rest easier knowing for sure that the coco is free of salts (because I measured the rinse runoff ppm), and adequately pre-loaded with nutrients, calcium and magnesium (because I put the nutes in there and measured).

Oh, on topic -- I did find my last few Botanicare coco bales to measure very low on initial runoff ppm.

buffbuds

buffbuds

those are the two answers I would give, except that Canna Pro + is NOT full coco. However, after doing some research, Canna is the only brand that determined the BEST way to pre-rinse coco. They also added specific nutrients, humic (and or folvic) acids, and tricoderma mould (a benifitial microbe).

It isn't that expensive either. Only about 10-15% more expensive than the next brand on the list (attami B'cuzz, in the same form, pre-wetted bags)

While Canna coco is already "the best" in my oppinion, the only thing I've found that works better than good nutrients with canna, is CANNA nutrients, with canna coco. just follow their direction (ml per gallon) and use all additives, you'll thank me some day :-) if onyl in your thoughts. Sure, the rhizotonic is like $50 a litre, and the "boost" is $110 a litre, with 15ml per gal (initial, dropped to 5 ml/gal) for rhizo, and 9ml per gal in bloom fro boost. I find that every ounce of ganj produced requires $20-$35 in consumables (nutrients and substrate, electrical is always extra) It's easy, and makes you feel like a scientist, not a snake oil hawker

true grit

true grit

Screwed around with Atami BCuzz which I love the consistency and retention of, as well as the Roots which I thought sucked and didn't retain near enough water. Its basically like dirt with coco fibers and perlite. Just me though.

true grit

true grit

you bastid, don't be busting out them northern goods we can't get!! Need to shoot ya pm bout some bucket stuff...

berryhill

berryhill

IME, botanicares 5kg blocks have been the best coir for well aerated fast root developement.

After using botanicare coco coir successfuly for the past 2+ years, I thought I would try Canna's Coco Coir. What I found with canna coir was its consistency of coffee grounds.

Reduced air to the roots, which equaled to the use of root stimulators, and or allowing the pots to dry out more.

Additionaly, Canna Coco Coir is buffered too 5.5 and forces you too constanly fill rezs with ph up.

Botanicare Coir, allows you to use right after broken down, setting initial ph at 6.3 for a couple feeds, After that, you have very little ph swing that requires adjusting.

However, this is based upon that I use Canna Coco Nutes.

mikeross

mikeross

how often are you guys watering. I am planning on using 8" coco baskets watering once a day at first and hopefully getting it up to 3-4 times during lights on during a 3-4 week veg. I dont have a chiller... will that be a problem if the pump is on a timer?

C

Cagedxj

Well how about Humbolt Flower Tupar Mix, Just got it in and I think its gonna kick ass, I am switching from roots to the Tupar Mix!

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Cash Crop Coco Coir.

They wash it well and it comes pre-charged with cal/mag already. That is pretty legit on its own merit.

B

biggs

IME, botanicares 5kg blocks have been the best coir for well aerated fast root developement.

After using botanicare coco coir successfuly for the past 2+ years, I thought I would try Canna's Coco Coir. What I found with canna coir was its consistency of coffee grounds.

Reduced air to the roots, which equaled to the use of root stimulators, and or allowing the pots to dry out more.

Additionaly, Canna Coco Coir is buffered too 5.5 and forces you too constanly fill rezs with ph up.

Botanicare Coir, allows you to use right after broken down, setting initial ph at 6.3 for a couple feeds, After that, you have very little ph swing that requires adjusting.

However, this is based upon that I use Canna Coco Nutes.

alright mate. i've been looking at botanicare coco recently. i'm used to using rough grade coco coir, and was wondering if theirs is the same grade? the stuff i get is full of salts when you recieve it, so you have to give it a good rinse b4 you use it. which is a pain in the ass. i feel you on the canna stuff. its far too fine and does not drain as well. have you looked at their gerbera disks. not sure if you can use it for growing cannabis or not. heres a link, what do you reckon?

berryhill

berryhill

alright mate. i've been looking at botanicare coco recently. i'm used to using rough grade coco coir, and was wondering if theirs is the same grade? the stuff i get is full of salts when you recieve it, so you have to give it a good rinse b4 you use it. which is a pain in the ass. i feel you on the canna stuff. its far too fine and does not drain as well. have you looked at their gerbera disks. not sure if you can use it for growing cannabis or not. heres a link, what do you reckon?

Hey now....good to see ya biggs, its been a while. Nah, I haven't tried those pucks bro, never seen them before actualy.

Sorry mate, to hear about the salty blocks. Can you not access Botanicares 5Kg compressed blocks?

Additionaly, empire organics offers bails of coco croutons that have excellent reviews. Certainly its well aerated for outstanding root developement. Also, it has very little too no salts.

J

Jalisco Kid

I loved empires line long hairs plus the chunky style to mix it with. Texture wise way better then that canna pith. Problem was I also got some bugs that noone knew,sent pics to davis. I had to nuke my system after that run,soaked all my plumbing for 3 days in malathion. Owner bailed on me after buying $300 in spinosad which he claimed would cure my ills. JK

B

biggs

Hey now....good to see ya biggs, its been a while. Nah, I haven't tried those pucks bro, never seen them before actualy.

Sorry mate, to hear about the salty blocks. Can you not access Botanicares 5Kg compressed blocks?

Additionaly, empire organics offers bails of coco croutons that have excellent reviews. Certainly its well aerated for outstanding root developement. Also, it has very little too no salts.

alright berryhill. unfortunatley, none of my local grow shops stock botanicares stuff. so i think i'll have to order some off the net. thanks for the heads up on the empire organics range. will defo have to look into them. thanks again mate.

berryhill

berryhill

alright berryhill. unfortunatley, none of my local grow shops stock botanicares stuff. so i think i'll have to order some off the net. thanks for the heads up on the empire organics range. will defo have to look into them. thanks again mate.

Your welcome man, and the best of growin to ya mate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom