best bulb for 600w digi?

• Thread starter Darth Fader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Upgrading from the 400w CMH. :party0042: Happy to join the 600 club.:harvest:

Just picked up a quantum 600 digital ballast. What's the best bulb for flowering?

I'll probably veg w/ LED or the 400w cmh.

B

budmonger

check out the chrome dome bulb you wont be disappointed,be well.Peace and stay safe...budmonger

420king-MASSES

None digi ballasts are burning out bulbs quicker because the bulb technology isnt digital yet again no bulb company makes bulb compatible with digi ballasts yet phillps and ge and a couple other comps have openly said this///so with that being said why change to digi ballast pay more yada yada yada da/now dimable ballasts [if not digi]are the way to go if you want best compatible tech

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

DIGILUX!! Honestly I have tried Hortilux, generic, and ushio and I reccomend digilux over all of them. Ushio is a close second but the spectrum is better on digilux and it produces more lumens than any of the other bulbs, plus they are made for digital ballasts. Plus the fancy box is sick.

J

JonDoe

ive seen the digilux in 600mh that thing kicks ass.been using ushio since '99 so new tech can't b bad.
they need to put it in a plain cardboard box and crarge me the diff.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I thought digital ballasts were a problem for hortilux bulbs?

from the Hortilux site:

FAQ's
Q: Do HORTILUX lamps work on electronic/digital ballasts?
A: HORTILUX lamps work equally well as any competitive brand on electronic ballasts. Performance really depends on the quality of the electronic ballast and the ability of the ballast manufacture to produce consistently good products.

Magnetic, core and coil ballasts are made to conform to ANSI Standards. ANSI is the American National Standards Institute that establishes specifications on how specific HID lamps are to perform electrically. This designation ensures that all lamp brands work interchangeably on the ANSI compatible ballasts. For example, all major brand LU1000 lamps comply with ANSI S52, and when matched with a ballast designated ANSI S52, the consumer is assured the lamp and ballast are matched correctly. All major lamp brands currently comply with these ANSI standards, and have for decades.

Most electronic ballasts do not comply with ANSI ratings. This means that each e.ballast brand can be different. Compound this with actual variations in the production runs from the same manufacturer/brand and you can see why system dependability is easily compromised. These are clearly NOT lamp issues but ballast challenges to be improved upon. If you chose to operate our lamp on a ballast that does not meet these ANSI specifications, lamp life and performance MAY be dramatically reduced. Since the quality of artificial light is paramount to successful plant photosynthesis and optimum growth, it would seem ill-advised to compromise lamp performance in favor of unproven ballast technology.

I was thinking Ushio, since I haven't heard a bad thing about them, but maybe Digilux is worth a shot. Thanks for the replies. Keep 'em coming.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yep, ordered the 600w Digilux HPS. :)

Nice demo vid on youtube here.

Thx all for the input!

S

SSHZ

The new High Times came yesterday and there is a big, detailed report on digital ballasts and bulbs. Very good reporting in the article. The claim is there is only 1 bulb made specifically for digi ballasts and it's Sun Pulse Bulbs. Read it and you may have 2nd thoughts about what your using.......

M

Mister Charlie

Thanks for the info about the Sun Pulse bulbs SSHZ. I'll have to go check them out.

T

tomsawyer

GGL has a new bulb for digitals called G-lux. I spoke with the engineer and he explained how they changed the bulb so that it could handle digital ballasts. They beefed up the contacts and lengthened the arc tube, etc. They also changed the gases accordingly since the digitals burn differently. Also he said he tested the Digilux that claimed 155,000 lumens and it was in the 130's (can't remember exactly.

Top Bottom