Best Bulb For Flower Duel Spectrum Or Hps?

• Thread starter RG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oregonmellow

RG420,I run Hps from start to finish overall I think it boils down to preference some folks run Metal halide for x # of weeks then switch to Hps for flower,they do fine for me under Hps,just two cents bud,Peace.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

From what I understand, Dual Arc's will increase your quality, but lower your quantity. I'm speaking from what I have read, and what friends have told me, not from experience.

e4ian

e4ian

I dont really Know RG420,but remember at the time i thought what a Good idea Dual Spectrum is,i imagine in the near future the Sole Spectrum HPS will Gradually become Superior,as with the MH. ..[$£!]

RG420

RG420

From what I understand, Dual Arc's will increase your quality, but lower your quantity. I'm speaking from what I have read, and what friends have told me, not from experience.

Yeah that's what I've been lead to believe from reading around as well my last few grows have been duel spec with high quality product to smoke but lacks some in density?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I currently run dual arc bulbs 2 of them in approximately 5x 8-9 area I also have two 600 hps running rite next to them just a few feet away and alot lower in hight what I have noticed since switching from 1000w hps to dual arc's first and foremost the crystal content is much heavier and trichomes are seemingly more full/developed with the dual arcs, that said I find their success to be more dependant on strain rather than the light itself as some strains just will not get very dense under these no matter what you try I have run across two that did this so far they were cheese quake and Mendocino purple!? sativas really seem to enjoy these lights but they take a while to flower and when using these lights they also tend to add about a week of flower time to your grow (that is the only real downfall I can find with dual arcs) I did a few lambs bread this round and man did they get nice dense sticky stinky big buds all over here they are below
20150612 164341

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Here is a close up so you can see what they look like a little better and get an idea of the crystal build the picture does not do it justice and when I use flash you can't see squat but better than nothing
20150613 164203

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I get a new toooyy iiiiii get a neeeeew tooooooyyyua yeah booiiiiiii get sum

☆☆☆☆☆must have toy of the year rite there man thank you very much for sharing that with us

RG420

RG420

Here is a close up so you can see what they look like a little better and get an idea of the crystal build the picture does not do it justice and when I use flash you can't see squat but better than nothing View attachment 515978

Wow just zoomed in on that pic and man she be stacking that frost!! Looks fantastic never seen Lambsbread flowered out before looks great! How does it smoke?
Ok back to bulbs so I was thinking about swapping out the duel spec after 3 weeks flower and go straight Hps what ya reckon?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I have actually done this and I can tell you it is a bad idea the plant does not react well the buds will stretch ( YES) "THE BUDS" will stretch kinda makes it look like salad sprouts can not attest as to what could possibly cause this!? I assumed at first I had a light leak or possibly my security camera nite vision was the so I made sure I was all sealed up un plugged my cameras and they got worse so I blamed it on a single auto flower in the middle of the room and thought maybe it had somehow influenced the rest or just plain confused them. Got to my next round 4 weeks in all different strains from the last grow and no auto this time everything looks awesome decided it was time for full red and BOOM A SLAP IN THE FACE AGAIN!!! They again proceeded to do very strange stuff I just can't explain. Then I hit me maybe it's the light swap I then proceeded to switch them back and things went somewhat back to normal in a week (needless to say my crop suffered severely due to this) never did it again never had that issue since as I said I have no clue as to what would make this happen but figured I would save you some hassle, however your still welcome to give it a shot I'm not going to say that this will actually happen to your girls. Because if there is one constant in growing (cuz there really is no constant in technique) it is that what will work for some may destroy another and vise versa even when it is 100% replicated to a T. IMHO

So I guess the only good advice I can actually offer you is keep a dam close eye on them if u switch and switch back the moment you notice anything out of the ordinary or you could lose it all sorry that this isn't actually helpful as it is somewhat of a contradiction

RG420

RG420

I have actually done this and I can tell you it is a bad idea the plant does not react well the buds will stretch ( YES) "THE BUDS" will stretch kinda makes it look like salad sprouts can not attest as to what could possibly cause this!? I assumed at first I had a light leak or possibly my security camera nite vision was the so I made sure I was all sealed up un plugged my cameras and they got worse so I blamed it on a single auto flower in the middle of the room and thought maybe it had somehow influenced the rest or just plain confused them. Got to my next round 4 weeks in all different strains from the last grow and no auto this time everything looks awesome decided it was time for full red and BOOM A SLAP IN THE FACE AGAIN!!! They again proceeded to do very strange stuff I just can't explain. Then I hit me maybe it's the light swap I then proceeded to switch them back and things went somewhat back to normal in a week (needless to say my crop suffered severely due to this) never did it again never had that issue since as I said I have no clue as to what would make this happen but figured I would save you some hassle, however your still welcome to give it a shot I'm not going to say that this will actually happen to your girls. Because if there is one constant in growing (cuz there really is no constant in technique) it is that what will work for some may destroy another and vise versa even when it is 100% replicated to a T. IMHO

So I guess the only good advice I can actually offer you is keep a dam close eye on them if u switch and switch back the moment you notice anything out of the ordinary or you could lose it all sorry that this isn't actually helpful as it is somewhat of a contradiction

Haha yeah think I'll just stick with the duel spectrum and run the clones under full HPS should see a difference if any that way

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Absolutely @RG420 running Hps first is a great way to go in any grow situation I used to run my vegg under hps for two weeks before flower and after vegging under a blue 200w cfl nowadays I just run my 8 bulb t5 with 3000k bulbs for all of my vegg and don't plan to go back to blue any time soon. Good luck with your trials hope there isn't to much error but I guess that's half the fun of growing isn't it learning :)

B

Ben Marc

Completely running Aeon Grow Led's first is an awesome approach to go in any develop circumstance I used to run my vegetables under Led's for two weeks prior to bloom and in the wake of vegging under a blue 150w AGL these days I simply run my 8 knob t5 with 3000k globules for the greater part of my veggies and don't plan to backpedal to blue at any point in the near future. Good fortunes with your trials trust there isn't to much lapse yet I figure that is a large portion of the enjoyment of developing and having a charm of growing farm.

Top Bottom