best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

What’s this deal with Colbri? I’ve been using colibri London butane, and getting it easily, everywhere, in Alberta for the last 15 years.

Just got another dozen last night.

I did notice the caps are white now. Used to be blue. Weird

CF89

CF89

Apparently London and colibri are two different things? I always thought they were the same.

I swear it used to say colibri on these London cans

F4A7D068 BAE2 452C AB5C 41D4B1F1DD08
Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Open blasting was out for me after the first time... About 5 years ago I picked up a TE-175 off Ebay . I also bought an extra te-175 tank.. That gives me a charging tank and a empty recover tank..
I have a small 5 cu' freezer in the shop. Cut a hole in the top of it to feed the recovery tant hose.. Next to the freezer is a shop bench... On the bench is a 5 gal vacuum pot that is filled with 110*f hot water.. [vacuum hole pluged.] I bought the heating pad for the bottom of it.. After extracting a load,the extractor is submerged in the hot water, the empty tank is the freezer. It takes a 1/2 hour to extract 60 grams. Then I get to reuse the clean butane over again.
I run the butane through the empty extractor the first time. Distilling empty leaves any mystery oil, and the propane propellant in the extractor.. There is always a film of some oil, the propane I vent off to the outside. The gas I buy by the dozen off amazon.
The extractor does a great job, but it's just to small for me.. I'll be putting it up on eBay next month for $1100. good info here. http://www.tamisiumextractors.com/

Top Bottom