Best calmag suppliment

• Thread starter DO IT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DO IT

DO IT

Whats the best Calmag suppliment on the market and whats the biggest size that its sold in???

P

paulycali

I agree with houseofogs

Believe the biggest size is 5 gallons

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Whichever you choose, consider that calcium nitrate (cal mag+) is immediately available and has a little N. Calcium carbonate can take up to a month before it is available, and it needs microbial activity to be available that fast.
As to which is the best solution for you: your call. I've used most of them with good results. IMO, calmag+ is the industry standard for bottled nutrients.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Altitude is close, but not quite on point; calcium nitrate is just that, and has plenty of both N and Ca. Beware the N close to or after peak bloom.

The cheapest 'cal-mag' I've found is to use calcium nitrate along with epsom salts for the mag. Since I use these anyway, I just bump my amounts slightly to make up for not using cal-mag specifically.

If you feel like you must use cal-mag, I've found that Botanicare has a good one; it doesn't like to lock out and has iron in it.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I've read that the addition of dolomite lime to potting soils helps stabilize pH but at the cost of offsetting the delicate balance between Ca, Mg, and K. I researched further and found that calcium has to be at a 7:1 ratio with Mg optimally and dolomite lime has a ratio of 2:1

I stopped using things like bone and blood meals in my soils because of MCD warnings, back then I never had problems with pH or deficiencies .....now I'm trying to figure out how to bring it back without disrupting my mycos! Anyone know of a good bone meal with P levels under 10?

The Krinken

The Krinken

I've read that the addition of dolomite lime to potting soils helps stabilize pH but at the cost of offsetting the delicate balance between Ca, Mg, and K. I researched further and found that calcium has to be at a 7:1 ratio with Mg optimally and dolomite lime has a ratio of 2:1

I stopped using things like bone and blood meals in my soils because of MCD warnings, back then I never had problems with pH or deficiencies .....now I'm trying to figure out how to bring it back without disrupting my mycos! Anyone know of a good bone meal with P levels under 10?

i think its the other way around - its supposed to be a 2:1 ratio where the dolomite is 7:1 - so its got too much....

i know the steamed bone meal from nectar for the gods aka the "hurculean harvest" is a 0-10-0...and its really nice bone meal but i dont know of any lower than a 10

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, symbiote got those numbers right. DL is around a 2:1 ratio of Ca:Mg, and cannabis performs better IME with a ratio of at *least* 4:1, and higher seems to be better, especially for some strains like The White.

Symbiote, I'm not sure that bone meal, even if it's got a level of P higher than 10%, isn't what you want to use here. I don't think the P is immediately available/soluble, and I haven't found it (bone meal) to cause me any problems other than attracting animals like raccoons.

The Krinken

The Krinken

my bad - thats right - 2:1 was too much - which is what dolomite is.,..

7:1 is what we want for cannabis

i was thinking backwards

Top Bottom