best carbon scrubbers

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

I recently found my 6 x 22 carbon filter getting weaker after aprox 1.5 yrs...
I then bought a cheap one of the same size from ebay and wow it is even weaker than the one I just replaced!
What brands do you find good?

also.....as my outside ducting is 6" and fan is 6" should I stick with a 6" carbon filter? Would increasing the diameter to say 8" allow for slower air entry into the filter and therefore giving the carbon more time to do its job?

any ideas are very welcome

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've used phresh, phat, and can filters. They all work quite well. I
Once bought the HTG supply house brand and it was crap.

outwest

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Just picked up a can 125 myself. Working great. My shit stunk around the block past grow

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys...just picked up a phat filter. Gonna up size it to 10" x 24" to see if the increased area of carbon and slower air pulling though it will also make it either A: eliminate odors better or B: allow the carbon to last longer as its not loading with scent particles as fast

I will let you know on A...but hopefully B will be a while into the future

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Foothills Carbon Filters...it's one of those high quality made in the U.S.A. products from yesteryear. Highly recommended!

Shamus

Shamus

whatever you do dont buy those fuckin pucks... they are carbon pucks you put directily into the hold of your fan.. it in theory is bad ass..

but the fact of the matter is they dont work

phresh er canfan

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I use and really like can and phresh filters. Don't have mountain air in my area. Have you tried washing out the inside of your old carbon filter. There are some threads about that around here. No need to spend 200 bucks if you don't have to.

SupraSPL

SupraSPL

Carbon filtration is not really something most growers want to experiment with, but I use DIY filters with loose coconut carbon. I use as thin of a layer as I can get away with and refresh it every 4 months or so. You can refresh it by leaving in a stainless kettle directly on campfire coals overnight. The carbon will get hot enough to glow and then it can be reused. I have been doing that for years with the same carbon.

straincreation

straincreation

Carbon filtration is not really something most growers want to experiment with, but I use DIY filters with loose coconut carbon. I use as thin of a layer as I can get away with and refresh it every 4 months or so. You can refresh it by leaving in a stainless kettle directly on campfire coals overnight. The carbon will get hot enough to glow and then it can be reused. I have been doing that for years with the same carbon.
What growers are you speaking of . Every grower that grows under the radar, that i know uses carbon, all of um. Why would you not there is no negative affects if it. Anyways i do like your thoery with the coconut carbon , a bit to much work just for some fresh air, and im not sure if this will keep my ogs STANK down. I have ran a room with no stink worries free flowing airm threw veg and flower, then ran the same room with a scrubber and had the same result. Would like to here what your opinion and where your assumptions come from that make you say "Carbon filtration is not really something most growers want to experiment with".?
Happy farming

ape1337

ape1337

CRAZY about OG kush
Supporter
What growers are you speaking of . Every grower that grows under the radar, that i know uses carbon, all of um. Why would you not there is no negative affects if it. Anyways i do like your thoery with the coconut carbon , a bit to much work just for some fresh air, and im not sure if this will keep my ogs STANK down. I have ran a room with no stink worries free flowing airm threw veg and flower, then ran the same room with a scrubber and had the same result. Would like to here what your opinion and where your assumptions come from that make you say "Carbon filtration is not really something most growers want to experiment with".?
Happy farming

I think what he means is that most growers want a for sure product like phresh and can, rather than experiment with DIY like he does and risk having a security issue via odor if it fails etc. He was just offering another alternative while acknowledging that most wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
straincreation

straincreation

I think what he means is that most growers want a for sure product like phresh and can, rather than experiment with DIY like he does and risk having a security issue via odor if it fails etc. He was just offering another alternative while acknowledging that most wouldn't risk it.
I get you man. I was really baked when i first read this. After rereading i get ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom