best cleanser for the basement

• Thread starter Jimmy Smash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimmy Smash

hi all,

i am setting up in a basement and i was wondering what to use to clean the concrete walls and floor with? i was thinking about bleach water. will this kill any mold, fungus, and mildew? so what do you all use? thanks

JS

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Bleach works good

I personally use a bleach water mixture applied with a pump sprayer. I'd mix the first wash down pretty strong then the 2nd wash down can be about 10:1. Make sure you spray everywhere down there. The vapor/odor will be miserable while spraying, but will dissipate fairly quickly. I'd try to spray twice a couple days apart. The bleach will sting if you get it in your eyes, but won't hurt you in my experience. You might want to have a fan or 2 down there when spraying and after. Good luck don't know your area, but you might want to spray for bugs before you spray the bleach

mal

J

Jimmy Smash

what kind of poison for the bugs? i have some of home max stuff from home depot. when i spray with bleach, is any scrubbing required or just let dry?

JS

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Spraying

I'm no exterminator, but anything good that won't kill you(living in the house) would do. Something that says it kills mites, what you have will probably do very well. As far as the bleach, when I spray I spray very heavy so that you saturate everything because the bleach will evaporate rather quickly. Bleach=no scrubbing necessary, but wait until the basement is completely dry before spraying for the 2nd time with the bleach. Hope this helps

mal

J

Jimmy Smash

thanks for all the imput, i gotta say the bleach, just because its cheaper. happy thanksgiving.

JS

Top Bottom