Best Drip system to run? Tips/tricks? SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! :S

• Thread starter KanaKare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KanaKare

KanaKare

Hey all,

New to this forum and loving the endless info. Didn't see much on drip systems. Would love to learn more about what you guys are running and what issues you've had with systems before.

I used to run a hydroponics setup which we were having some issues at times where plants go bad QUICK. Root Rot etc

Just switched over to Coco and am fairly happy with the plants so far! Running 5 gallon pots.

Watering sucks... looking to setup some sort of drip system for my plants. Have 3 rooms, each about 100 sqft +/-

Any tips of suggestions on products? Not trying to go balls to the wall with a controller etc. Just some simple setups with a timer etc.

PICS ARE ALWAYS GREAT. SHARE SHARE SHARE!

thanks!

DanC520

DanC520

I built a halo system basically following this guide.

Just wrapping up my first run using it. No major issues all in all. I do plan on cleaning the res and running cleaning solution through the lines once this grow done.

If were doing again, I might use more solid tubing in areas with more elbow joints. Straightening the rolls kind of a pain. I set up for six, but will chop down to four for next run. In a 4x4 tent. 4x4 tent essentially 100 square feet. Guide says that set up good for up to 10 halos.

good luck!

edit-you can see pics in my grow diary thread.

growdrunk

growdrunk

Easy route is poly tubing connected to a pump on a timer on one end and ran into a room on the other. Build a poly tube box around your flood table and connect it to your main water line. Install your drippers in the appropriate spots around your poly tube box, netafim and flora flex are the too main ones you see in most grows.

floraflex makes a good white poly tube and all the fittings you need which are quick and easy to connect. They also make a nice punch tool for poking holes in the poly tube to put your drippers in. This is quick and easy you could set up all three rooms in a couple hours.

you’d likely have to duplicate this setup for each room.

more advanced setup would be a really large reservoir hooked up to a pump like a dab pump or leader pump and solenoids and managed with something like a trolmaster and then plumbed into each room and table zone. This would probably be the way to go given you have 3 different rooms.

Will post pics of my tent tonight after work.

KanaKare

KanaKare

Thanks guys i appreciate the advise. Will look at them closely and take it from there!

F

frogyrogy

The FloraFlex stuff is nice . . . I use their 3 gal pots, Matrix drip system and drain platforms running DTW in coco. Reservoir and drainage are plumbed outside grow room so, unless I am checking runoff or general plant health, daily feeding and runoff removal is automated.

KanaKare

KanaKare

The FloraFlex stuff is nice . . . I use their 3 gal pots, Matrix drip system and drain platforms running DTW in coco. Reservoir and drainage are plumbed outside grow room so, unless I am checking runoff or general plant health, daily feeding and runoff removal is automated.
Any pics for reference would be great! Would love to see everyone's setup

F

frogyrogy

Happen to be running only one now so you can see:

IMG 9290

Normally I run 4 in this room, the net is 5x5. Drainage is plumbed to 1 1/2" PVC and exits room back right. White tubing passes through wall to 18 gallon reservoir (plastic tote). Manifold is moved to center when running 4 . . . hand tighten fittings make changes easy. I use the old pallet to raise the platforms enough to ensure good drainage to the sump that is in another room 25' away. If I need to check runoff I just plug the platform drain long enough to draw a good sample.

Elroyyboy

Elroyyboy

I’m finishing a grow in a 4x4 with a diy dripped system I put together. Somewhat like floraflex using some of their components.

I think where the real nuggets of gold are in Floraflex is in their irrigation/crop steering info on their website. I’m going to mimic their style and see year and can do next grow.

dextr0

dextr0

I built a halo system basically following this guide.

Just wrapping up my first run using it. No major issues all in all. I do plan on cleaning the res and running cleaning solution through the lines once this grow done.

If were doing again, I might use more solid tubing in areas with more elbow joints. Straightening the rolls kind of a pain. I set up for six, but will chop down to four for next run. In a 4x4 tent. 4x4 tent essentially 100 square feet. Guide says that set up good for up to 10 halos.

good luck!

edit-you can see pics in my grow diary thread.

That site is super nice with helping understand coco and it’s needs. Also gives you cheap diy and nice priced links to things needed. I owe my understanding of what I’ve been doing wrong and now right with coco. My grow is wayyy better because of this.

@KanaKare
I too ended up with floraflex stuff. I basicly followed their video and watched other stuff people posted on Instagram and YouTube and kind of assembled a kit myself.

If I could go back I probably get a drip table instead of these drip trays. I ended up having lots of trouble because they rely on gravity and well floors are pretty flat.

I also hate that the pots have huge openings on the bottom of them. Coco flows through it easily and can and will clog up the lines and the pump pumping out the water. To fix this I used cloth pots over the pots.

link to video I mimicked. Link to floraflex on ig. They have lots of semantics for different set ups. Also their YouTube Chanel has lots of diff set ups too that are good to check out.

84B6A00C 24B7 4E24 AA33 FD13CAD02F7B
EB1397EB 2F68 40E6 9005 6B378B8CAB63
50DA6A4A AEC9 442C 86E5 B8399E62B923

BBCA8E1A 0FC7 40EE 9501 777E6458026F
Last edited:
T

twon007

Hey all,

New to this forum and loving the endless info. Didn't see much on drip systems. Would love to learn more about what you guys are running and what issues you've had with systems before.

I used to run a hydroponics setup which we were having some issues at times where plants go bad QUICK. Root Rot etc

Just switched over to Coco and am fairly happy with the plants so far! Running 5 gallon pots.

Watering sucks... looking to setup some sort of drip system for my plants. Have 3 rooms, each about 100 sqft +/-

Any tips of suggestions on products? Not trying to go balls to the wall with a controller etc. Just some simple setups with a timer etc.

PICS ARE ALWAYS GREAT. SHARE SHARE SHARE!

thanks!
Hey fellow cultivars. Wanted to jump in and ssay that ive used the second timers from amazon and theyre 18.00 for a reason. I ended up at the end with a 12 zone rain dial control free courtesy of lawngenie. Another story. But simply put, the controler is great for having so many different control options. Diff rooms etc. And all it does is send out 24v for control over zone valves. ( ro prevent syphoning) and a main pump control at the same voltage. So all you do is send that main out to a “RELAY IN BOX“ and that to an outlet. Plug your pump in outlet and voila! Very inexpensive to setup. Some pvc at control wall and a little electrical knowhow. Hears a pic of when first roughed in
060CF69B 948E 4753 B5E8 2201C02CAEF6

Top Bottom