Best Fert for the very best Taste in Coco?

• Thread starter ibTheMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ibTheMan

So what Fertilizer makes for the very best taste in Coco ? (sunshine#4)
Ive been told the new thing is to run chemies for the first half and then switch to Organics for the last half, then final phase , then water w/B'cuzz flavor for the last days.
What are your thoughts on to get Optimal Taste?

B

Buddy Flowers

flush with plain water until the ppm of the runoff is the same as the water going in. no product will bring anything out that isn't already there genetically

winta

winta

well obsoul33t uses coco and this is what he uses for nutes:

Obsoul33t said:
....the cheapest coco available and then used for 4 pulls
veg formula in coco
cns17 grow @ 30ml pr gl
ca/mg @ 5 ml every other feeding
protekt silicate as ph up to 5.8

green fuse root can be used

bloom

cns17 grow @ 30 ml until day 21
ca/mg @ 10 ml until day 21
protekt as ph up to 5.8

day 22
cns17 ripe until finish
silicate ph up to 5.8
add hammerhead at 50% around day 30 only one application

expensive nutes and coco are a waste of money , bend over growers lol my whole run now costs me less than the roots excel i used to use for one run with no loss of yield or quality ...

if you want a cheap zyme product head to the local hardware store and get septic tank cleaner lol that's what advance re-packages as sensizyme now you know , it don't take 50 additives or a million dollars in nutrient lines ...

hope that helps :)

I

ibTheMan

flush with plain water until the ppm of the runoff is the same as the water going in. no product will bring anything out that isn't already there genetically

you adjust the PH in the plain water? AN said you should.

B

Buddy Flowers

yes because the plant needs to uptake the last of the nutrients and it does so with the correct pH range

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Only when flushing salt based nutrients. I only add it once as well.

Pank

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Some of the tastiest in coco, hmmm. first that comes to mind is Bio-Bizz but my new favorite was done in Agricultural Organics (the little yellow bottles) don't think your going to get the yield from either of these nutes that you would from chem.

As you pointed out, it'd be a good idea to work on perfecting a good combo of organics and chem. I'm running a mix of roots excel, Agricultural Organics, and Advanced boosters/base on 30 coco girls. So far I'm blown away but only 16 days into flower. ... :party0042:

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have noticed a difference when using Moles-Asses (Malasis) in the final flush. It is prettymuch sugar water with a little more benefits than using just water.

I

ibTheMan

I have noticed a difference when using Moles-Asses (Malasis) in the final flush. It is prettymuch sugar water with a little more benefits than using just water.

Yah , so you flush then use plain Ph adjusted water and some sort of suger. (B'cuzz flavor is the bomb)

B

Buddy Flowers

no bro, you use the sweetener THEN flush. you don't want anything but water running through your plants at harvest

I

ibTheMan

i was told buy a top AN person that adding the B'cuzz after the final phase flush puts but a few good things back that help taste and stuff because of how chems are locked up with the final phase.
(he was alot more scientific in his description of why to use B'cuzz)

B

Buddy Flowers

nothing is locked up with final phase. final phase and other leaching agents simply break the bond between nutrient salt and medium and FLUSH it out

W

waywardson

chemically speaking how do final flush products "break the bond" between minerals and the media? We are told that, but if it is true then someone should be able to explain in in scientific terms.

Manipulating pH works by taking advantage of nutrient solubility at different pHs...e.g. I always start my flush with a couple of days of pH at 5-5.2 (using sulfuric acid) to get the P out of the media. Then I switch to a pH of 5.8 with citric acid as the pH down to let the plant keep all elements mobile...or at least most.

Fortunately for us Ca is very hard to translocate in the plant. I say fortunately because without Ca in the flowers we would not be able to get complete combustion and we would get black ash (based on work done in the tobacco industry...Mg also works). So me, I like to keep feeding Ca until the bitter end.

Personally I think you end up with the best taste when you use a nute that matches the tissue samples of the plant the closest. That is, you feed it what it needs and not much more.

Having said that my personal preference would be organics over mineral salt nutes. I find the taste more complex and satisfying.

B

Buddy Flowers

i know as much as you when it comes to chemistry but i do research and this is what i found:
Clearex is a scientifically formulated isotonic drench solution, which effectively binds with the excess nutrient salt and safely leaches it from the soil. Leaching with tap or deionized water can lead to hyptonic conditions which cause cell lycis with outflow of essential electrolytes and nutrients. This causes tissue damage leading to serious pathogen disorders such as bacterial and fungal infections. Clearex is isotonic, therefore, it creates a safe osmotic environment which allows plant cells to maintain an optimal turgor pressure during treatment.

Clearex can also be used at the end of a crop's growth cycle to trigger the last reproductive stage of the plant, forcing it to process and assimilate endogenous nutrients. Clearex contains specific electrolytes and selected mono and disaccharides which provide energy for the biosynthesis of important plant metabolites and macromolecules. Pre harvest treatments with Clearex are known to enhance the flavor and increase yields in fruits, vegetables, and culinary herbs by flushing out extraneous chemical nutrients.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I'll vote for what Buddy Flowers said! :)
I like to use a little Clearex in the PHED water flushing tho.

justiceman

justiceman

chemically speaking how do final flush products "break the bond" between minerals and the media? We are told that, but if it is true then someone should be able to explain in in scientific terms.

Manipulating pH works by taking advantage of nutrient solubility at different pHs...e.g. I always start my flush with a couple of days of pH at 5-5.2 (using sulfuric acid) to get the P out of the media. Then I switch to a pH of 5.8 with citric acid as the pH down to let the plant keep all elements mobile...or at least most.

Fortunately for us Ca is very hard to translocate in the plant. I say fortunately because without Ca in the flowers we would not be able to get complete combustion and we would get black ash (based on work done in the tobacco industry...Mg also works). So me, I like to keep feeding Ca until the bitter end.

Personally I think you end up with the best taste when you use a nute that matches the tissue samples of the plant the closest. That is, you feed it what it needs and not much more.

Having said that my personal preference would be organics over mineral salt nutes. I find the taste more complex and satisfying.

Interesting what you say about Ca. So if Ca isn't used until harvest buds tend to be harsher? I won't lie I have seen buds that have been flushed for weeks with r/o but were still harsh. Would you attribute that to a lack of calcium and ph adjustment? And the addition of citric acid salts doesnt' attribute to the harshness? Juicy info man especially about that Ca.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

For base coco nutes depends on your water source...

RO= H&G Cocos
Tap=Canna

Top Bottom