Best grow tent?

• Thread starter INDO247
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

INDO247

Im in the market for a grow tent. Just trying to see whats the best brand out there. I wanna get my moneys worth. Some of the tents i have in mind is the secret jardine darkroom, homebox and growlab. From my research the secret jardine and growlab seems to have the best quality and design but it also has the most complaints about light leakage through the zipper. The homebox on the other hand doesnt seem to have that many light leakage but the structure of the tent seems weak and clumsy. Im leaning towards the secret jardine but please let me hear what u guys think.

true grit

true grit

Check out this thread- covers pros and cons of about all of em!

Notoriousskunk

Notoriousskunk

i LIke secret jardins i dident even know they have anti infrared and thermal technology
The Jardin is way better quality than them all. Secret Jardin is the most advance tent on the planet!!! a Homebox, Hydro Hut and Sun Hut. All a bunch of crap in my opinion..:mad0233:

they all are shit compared to the dark room.

what grow tent you know that has side door access windows? what grow tent you know that is thermally insulated to give you a nice defense against those pesky Infrared and Thermal Imaging Technology?

what grow tent you know gives you more holes for more adequate ventilation?

what grow tent you know has a better reflective material than others. the dark room doesnt use just white poly for reflectiveness.... it has better material to reflect light.:icon_cookie:

The secret jardin has a movable roof support system lol

did i mention that the secret jardin dark room comes with a portable carrying bag to put it away if need be?

what other grow tent can compete with that?:cool0041:

Peace

N$

K

koopa troopa

the jardins are legit as fuck.

those new growlabs are dope too cuz they are pretty much the same as jardin, but with viewing windows. i like the idea of the windows, but i feel like it could pose a risk for light leaks if not sealed properly.

O

Old Yeller

Personally, I didn't want to join the Secret Society of the Jardins cause i heard they were religious fanatics, so i opted for the Super Crappy Sunhut. I love them so much, i bought the company!
Seriously though, most of the off-gassing/cheap frame work/light leak/zipper problems have been addressed by our new chinese overlords & i don't think you can go wrong with most of the new tents on the market today.
Get out the old tape measure & make sure the tent you want is the right size & has all the holes in the right places for venting/electrics & grow crazy.

srs bznz

srs bznz

Just wanted to chime in that I bought a jardin 5x5 a couple months ago and it leaks light all over the damn place, I'm glad I only planned to use it for vegging. Don't know if it was just a bad unit or what, was going to return it but it's been so long that it's easier to patch it at this point.

Cort

Cort

All tents leak light, deal with it.

4x4 hydrohut silver user here. (post off gassing) had no problems I have not been able to fix.

After sitting in my tent with the light off and fans running for about 15 minutes, my bro ran bright lights around each and every seam. (trust your bro well before letting him lock you in this tent, there are no zippers on the inside) My eyes had adjusted to pick up the slightest leak. I marked with masking tape. There were a few pinholes (about as dim a star you could see on a clear night in the hills) Seams and zippers though...

I ran a bead of Aluminum tape along the inside of all seems, added Velcro at the flaps covering the zippers (sticky shit dont cut it over time, get the needle and thread out)

Repeat test, problem solved. Time well spent.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Greenthumbdanny said Secret Jardin uses better reflective material, but he didn't give any info or references about it. If anyone knows if this is true could you please fill me in (no homo).

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
All tents leak light, deal with it.

4x4 hydrohut silver user here. (post off gassing) had no problems I have not been able to fix.

After sitting in my tent with the light off and fans running for about 15 minutes, my bro ran bright lights around each and every seam. (trust your bro well before letting him lock you in this tent, there are no zippers on the inside) My eyes had adjusted to pick up the slightest leak. I marked with masking tape. There were a few pinholes (about as dim a star you could see on a clear night in the hills) Seams and zippers though...

I ran a bead of Aluminum tape along the inside of all seems, added Velcro at the flaps covering the zippers (sticky shit dont cut it over time, get the needle and thread out)

Repeat test, problem solved. Time well spent.

This 100% true. I have a much easier solution. Don't turn lights on around your tent. I use those green LEDs extensively with ZERO stress issues.

outwest

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

:D Holy shit. I'm laughing so hard from this. ^^^

Secret Jardin user here. I have a 4x4 and a 5x5. I have no complaints other than the support poles on my 5x5 rusted up pretty bad last year.
I recirculate air in and out of the tents and its always prevented that and a whole list of other problems.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Just wanted to chime in that I bought a jardin 5x5 a couple months ago and it leaks light all over the damn place, I'm glad I only planned to use it for vegging. Don't know if it was just a bad unit or what, was going to return it but it's been so long that it's easier to patch it at this point.
I can also attest to the fact that secret Jardins are the shit other than the occasional signs of wear and tear (using same tents for 4 years duct tape works wonders) just cause u can see the light through the zipper does not mean light can get inside necessarily, just stand inside and have someone zip u up to make sure. I have yet to have a plant show signs of hermieing cuz of light problems. It also helps however to replace the bulbs outside of the room if possible with green bulbs just to be safe.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I recirculate air in and out of the tents and its always prevented that and a whole list of other problems.

Agreed. In my 5x5, I run an air-cooled 1000w pulled by a 6" in-line fan, plus a small desktop fan blowing on the legs, and a 12" turbo-fan sitting on top of my light blowing straight up. This last fan seems to pull heat up where it can be vented by my light hood.

The 6" in-line fan is a bit too much for one tent. I have mine on a rheostat on the lowest setting and it really pulls the sides in. I have run exhaust on both tents with a splitter and a 6" and this was ideal. I think a 4" would do well for 1 tent.

Great idea about the green bulbs. I just bumble around in the dark after lights out.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My vote has to go to HOMEbox and GROWlab - made by the same people.

HOMEbox were the original inventors of the grow tent. That has to stand for something! And at least they don't make bullshit claims about their tents - anybody with experience will tell you - they just grow plants better!

Secondly - I'm suspicious of any grow tent manufacturer that tries to market towards a presumption of fear. (I.e. IR shielding) - the Dark Room offers no more IR shielding than any other grow tent on the market. It's just lies, lies, lies and more lies.

As for reflectivity. You really can't beat the white-lined HOMEbox tents. They have a special lining which I believe they call PAR+ unique to their tents. It reflects more PAR light and less heat.

YouTube PAR light reflection and you'll see a video abut it by Mr Jose where they demonstrate these claims in a fairly scientific manner for this industry, at least...

So, in summary, the award for the best grow tent has to be HOMEbox. They are sturdy without being over-engineered and the quality of the materials and zippers is awesome.

Are the corners plastic or metal?

outwest

Top Bottom