best hood!!!!!

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

found this on a other forum, not sure if this has been posted on here....

sorry if it's a repost or if posted in the wrong place, figure post here where more indoor farmers can c.

i always hear a justa wings or mag XXXL, but this shows the xtrasun wing to beat the large a justa wing. any input from farmers that have been fortunate enough to compair some of these hoods 1st hand would help.......is this study flawed?

Haggardass

Haggardass

Ive always heard the adjust a wings are excellent idk about the best but maybe walter white will be around he sears by his adjust a wings and from the looks of things on his pictures they haavent let him down.

K

kushsmoker30

Ive always heard the adjust a wings are excellent idk about the best but maybe walter white will be around he sears by his adjust a wings and from the looks of things on his pictures they haavent let him down.

i know there good, but to c them place so low on this study kinda makes me say mmmm....idk

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Good info. . .I use radiant 6"s.

outwest

Haggardass

Haggardass

Honestly 9 times outta 10 its all a marketing gimmick ive grown with cheap ass wings all the way up to an 8 inch raptor and had pretty much the same results def not enough to justify the price difference. Ive also always read that air cooled hoods take away lumens, probably minuscule but still, i would taek the money your gonna spend on the bif expensive air cooled hoods and use that towards more fans which equals better air exchange, which means more co2 available to your plants. If you have the money then go for air cooled hoods but I know when I go back indoors this winter ill be getting some cheap wings lol matter of fact gonna get the xtrasun wings lol been lookin at them for a while

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

RAPTOR.....Especially if you are ducting it, completely sealed.

K

kushsmoker30

i'm guessing reason for a just a wings is the test was only on 1 hood, rather then multiple hoods next to each other handling a 4x4 area each. then the light thats spread around wont be considered waisted cuz it will add up under the next hood.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i've been wanting these but haven't been completely sold on them. who are you keeping the temps down or cooling the bulb?
i think its all about ac, when you run bare bulbs..6000 btu per bare bulb rite? 4000 per vented? i think those numbers are rite

catdaddy

catdaddy

i think its all about ac, when you run bare bulbs..6000 btu per bare bulb rite? 4000 per vented? i think those numbers are rite
ok cool. in the winter i could run a bare bulb with no ac but i do keep an intake far cooling the bulb. now that i look at it, i guess the intake running across the bulb is a waste of energy.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
ok cool. in the winter i could run a bare bulb with no ac but i do keep an intake far cooling the bulb. now that i look at it, i guess the intake running across the bulb is a waste of energy.
i will prolly make a bare bulb run next year..when i ran a adjust a wing and a open hood, no glass no duct..i still needed ac in the winter..on low but still running

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

i've been wanting these but haven't been completely sold on them. who are you keeping the temps down or cooling the bulb?
A/C,6000 btu's per bulb like jim says,fans for air movement of course.There are only a couple reasons i would ever go back to vented hoods with glass in them,not enough cooling power or if i lived somewhere cold and i could recycle the heat from my vented lights to heat my house(thats a win/win).No way do i want any glass between the bulb and the plant if i can help it.

catdaddy

catdaddy

A/C,6000 btu's per bulb like jim says,fans for air movement of course.There are only a couple reasons i would ever go back to vented hoods with glass in them,not enough cooling power or if i lived somewhere cold and i could recycle the heat from my vented lights to heat my house(thats a win/win).No way do i want any glass between the bulb and the plant if i can help it.
yeah i agree about moving the air, but i was talking about running the inline across the bulb. i never took the ducting off when i removed the glass, always thought it was helping to cool the bulb.
reason i took the glass off was for the reasons you stated. every time i put it on it got much hotter than when it was off, and for some reason i could never keep it smear free.

i will prolly make a bare bulb run next year..when i ran a adjust a wing and a open hood, no glass no duct..i still needed ac in the winter..on low but still running
i'm thinking of doing the same this winter. it gets so cold where im at that i could easily run 2 1k's without having to cool the room. actually i started growing in the winter with 1k no glass 10" from the tops and temps would only get to the no higher than lower 70's, but like i said i had an inline running across the bulb.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
yeah i agree about moving the air, but i was talking about running the inline across the bulb. i never took the ducting off when i removed the glass, always thought it was helping to cool the bulb.
reason i took the glass off was for the reasons you stated. every time i put it on it got much hotter than when it was off, and for some reason i could never keep it smear free.

i'm thinking of doing the same this winter. it gets so cold where im at that i could easily run 2 1k's without having to cool the room. actually i started growing in the winter with 1k no glass 10" from the tops and temps would only get to the no higher than lower 70's, but like i said i had an inline running across the bulb.
i run these covers over top my hoods, and they help hold the heat in the hood...you can stick your face on the glass, and its cool and the gang
DSC02537
DSC02538

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
how do yo clean keep the glass from smearing? and is that a tent? if so how did you manage to put an ac in there?
i clean the glass about 4 times a run,, and its hard not to smear them...i clean the inside 3x, put the glass back in. then i clean the outside...the glass is a pain in the ass..but my lights run so cool.....my room is a bedroom/tent. i built a tent like wall inside the room

catdaddy

catdaddy

i clean the glass about 4 times a run,, and its hard not to smear them...i clean the inside 3x, put the glass back in. then i clean the outside...the glass is a pain in the ass..but my lights run so cool.....my room is a bedroom/tent. i built a tent like wall inside the room
okay cool. very ingenious.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

i run these covers over top my hoods, and they help hold the heat in the hood...you can stick your face on the glass, and its cool and the gangView attachment 251718View attachment 251719

The heat sheilds only work if you vent your hoods, they actually work against you if you do not have glass. If you want to run a sealed room, no venting, the equation is 3500 btu per 1K w/ CO2 or 2500 w/out. Some may feel this is inadequate but with proper air movement it can be acheived easily. The key is controlling the movement. Last round I ran 9000w with a 2.5 ton A/C in a NON-vented room.

-GR33N

Latest posts

Top Bottom