Best Hydro System to do large sea of green grow?

• Thread starter pacificdunes74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

I would love to here your opinions on what Hydro method you would use to grow a 40 plant sea of green method grow? I need to get it going soon. I would like to have product in 4 months from now. Thanks.

G

Green Escape

your best bet would probably be ebb n flo. what size area are you planning to use? im new to this but from my research thats what i see working best for a sea of green.

B

been

Anything you can set up a remote reservoir. That's how you get simple.

M

Malachi

4x8 Ebb and Flow Tray with 70 gallon res. and (2) 1000W HPS

G

greenthumbbumb

Ebb n Flo or Aero, aero will be a lot cheaper in the long run not having to use media but ebb n flo is probably the easier and more reliable route.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

If I was doing a large SOG as your thread title states, E&F would be my first choice.

However, if you are growing only 40 plants, I won't call that large, nor would I call it a good use of those plant numbers to SOG them.

I don't know your growing experience, so no offense if it is vast, but if 40 isn't a typo I am going to assume you to be a bit new to growing. No offense if you aren't and certainly no insult if you are. But I would not SOG 40 plants. Better ways to get mo' weed.

This site is the source for indoor tree growing.

If that is a bit much for you financially or complexity wise and you want to go hydro and are relatively new to growing:

Think about E&F, 1 month veg, 2/3 of your plants in flower and 1/3 of them in veg at any one time and a harvest every two weeks (based off of a pure 8 week strain) three months after clones have roots.

U

ugmjfarmer

Think about E&F, 1 month veg, 2/3 of your plants in flower and 1/3 of them in veg at any one time and a harvest every two weeks (based off of a pure 8 week strain) three months after clones have roots.

This is beautiful advice.

I would put 5 plants under 1000w lights, so a total of 8 lights to make your "big" criteria with 40 plants. Those plants would need 5 gallons of root space to make the size to fill the canopy. With 8 lights, you are talking a ton of work daily training and pruning for the yield/light.

So 8000w, 40 5 Gallon bucket plant sites (might need 80 total buckets if you are going with a multiflow or ebb n gro setup, which I highly recommened). Thats big, and 40 plants. Oh, I recommend throwing the calender out for veg and just vegging until you cant see the floor through the plants and you have trained enough bud sites. This will take a month - two months with this setup.

Your Large "SOG" op would replace the buckets with 4x8 flood tables filled with 4x4 or 6x6 cubes (4x4 is best for yield) and plants without branches growing only the top cola. That's 286 4x4's or 127 6x6's per 4x8 table. 2000w would light it well, but if you have 8000w you need to add 3 more tables and 384-858 more plants.

:confused0054:
You sure you want to clone that many plants and risk life in jail for a "large sea of green" ?

pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

If I was doing a large SOG as your thread title states, E&F would be my first choice.

However, if you are growing only 40 plants, I won't call that large, nor would I call it a good use of those plant numbers to SOG them.

I don't know your growing experience, so no offense if it is vast, but if 40 isn't a typo I am going to assume you to be a bit new to growing. No offense if you aren't and certainly no insult if you are. But I would not SOG 40 plants. Better ways to get mo' weed.

This site is the source for indoor tree growing.

If that is a bit much for you financially or complexity wise and you want to go hydro and are relatively new to growing:

40?? I am thinking 300 but in different stages so I will have a 100 plants harvest every couple months in a cycle so I will have to have two differnet rooms going but as far as easy maintence you all tyhink ebb and flo?

M

morecbd

intresting -

Would a undercurrent system be no good here - with a auto ph doser ?

Tangent

Tangent

UC of Green

All of the Under Current systems have different lid options. This system was designed with quad lids, which puts 36 plants in a 50" x 54" area. Fits perfect in a 5' x 5' grow tent, in my case a Dark Room DR150.

I could see this setup being expanded for multi-light applications.

Evoprenutes
UCevo936c
UCevo936b
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

40?? I am thinking 300

300?? You said 40:

I would love to here your opinions on what Hydro method you would use to grow a 40 plant sea of green method grow?

;)

300 is a bit more respectable.

I will have a 100 plants harvest every couple months in a cycle

With this many plants, you could harvest every two weeks if you choose. No need to wait two months.

Top Bottom