Best Led Light 2015

• Thread starter mmcxix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oregonized

oregonized

The budmasters are nice because they use actual Osram diodes with documentation to back up the build....and hence the price increase....

The Kind is nothing but a trap, using encapsulated diodes as well... It looks slick and adds features, that you could add to any LED light for a few dollars....

The prospect of DIY is this, you can build a better light, than what is available commercially sans maybe Optic CXB setups.....

You could average 50% efficiency or greater with Cree CXB cobs...or Vero 29's.....while giving your self plenty of radiometric data to back it up...

With Kind, you guess....plain and simple.....In fact, email them and ask for the datasheet of the bins they use, see what happens!!!!!!!!

I know what the response will be...sans datasheet....BiG Red Flag!

yukon369

yukon369

yeah im still not sure about backup systems, still working out the details of the room.
budmaster would be sweet, just buy a few extra modules just in case.
but yeah sadly prices are ridiculously high, especially the god series one, even though they look neat and have promising specs, par and such.
the series below god is sort of the same price as kind leds I think, but the god series is just bloody expensive.
first i wanted the budmaster god, but seeing the kind led design, the price, learning you can tweake the light spectrum, and also the build in timer, I like kind led more.
apart from the modular design of budmaster, thats very practical.
I have 4 of these, they are amazing. http://californialightworks.com/product/solar-storm-880/

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
I have 3 Advance Diamond Series 300`s that light a 3' x 7' grow room. Getting ready to harvest my first garden using the 3 LED`s. Have 6 or 7 grows using 2 LED`s. Mine are the "real" Advanced LED`s, not the knock offs on flea bay.

A

AlexisnaveCA

LED (light-emitting diode) light bulbs are an energy and cost-efficient way to light your home. With government regulations halting the production of traditional incandescent light bulbs in recent years, new options have surfaced. The first option created was the compact fluorescent lamp, or CFL. These curly fluorescent bulbs are more energy efficient and last longer than an incandescent, but the bulb contains mercury and takes a while to shine at its brightest.

led.jpg

LED light bulbs are even more efficient to run than CFL bulbs and are just as affordable. In addition, LED lights contain no harmful materials and provide the same amount of light as a 60-watt incandescent, using up to 85 percent less power.

You can buy these LED light bulbs online from various online sites like http://www.bkelectricservices.com/ and http://lifehacker.com/five-best-light-bulbs-1715684653.

Along with this you can also get free installations service for the first time... :)

Dabominable

Dabominable

Do they have to be LED? check these out..
The chameleon grow system looks legit, albeit a bit pricey. But 10 year bulb span/warranties,fully contained unit, they have a video of them pressure washing it while its on and running..never had the dime to drop on them, but they are also slim to none heat if that was why you wanted to go LED...happy hunting

scubascrog

scubascrog

Platinum LED . check em out, COB can be pretty expensive but this is way better than mars.
I bought a P600 for $660 they say it replaces an 800W hid on bloom it pulls 386 watts, veg 185.
5 year warranty

The Buhnch
G

Growbigbud

I plan to add another LED , what do you guys think about this led ?

Real CREE LED chips and it has COB LED chips in it .

akstoner

akstoner

personally i would go with the Kind LED i have friends who run it and love it the only problem they have is the Kind does penetrate alot more also it burns so make sure you keep adjusting the light height or keep your plants short........

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

Love my CLW i have a 440w and a 400w and a 110w veg master. I have both SS cramed into my 4x4 tent. Honestly there stupid expensive but they have never failed me... Plus CLW has no issue giving you a good trade in value if you want to upgrade your led panel.

scubascrog

scubascrog

you'd get the same results from doing a 600W tube and a 600W led like me and its a lot cheaper. talking 850 bucks tops

akstoner

akstoner

I have a Galaxy Hydro Full spectrum 600w LED light and 3 600W HPS (but i only use 2 hps) i use the other one for sick and ill plants. But i have been wanting to get a 750 or 1000 LED to try an use and see side by side comparison and see what light truly conquers and produces bigger buds and yields.....

scubascrog

scubascrog

honestly not worth the price if you ask me, the DIY cree projects arent that much cheaper either.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I say that because I bought a decent led and its still a night and day difference when I put in my MH 2 days ago

akstoner

akstoner

LED is coming around thats why im really torn between LED vs HPS vs MH and which does the best for the least amount of money, with everything that is at our finger tips these days.... and technology

I say that because I bought a decent led and its still a night and day difference when I put in my MH 2 days ago

scubascrog

scubascrog

the cree leds are the only leds with intensity to give you yields, but the price is still too high and it doesnt make sense.
continue using what you are doing , the mh/hps and led combo is the most effective bang for your buck still. dont fall into a marketing tactic. this led game is really brutal.

why pay 1700 bucks for a 1600W led setup, that led had fluorescent lighting on it for some reason that is beyond me.

honestly the leds generate more heat than my cool tube and I dont even have CREE CXB's yet.

sixstring

sixstring

Those floro tubes are uv lamps.thats a good light but damn are they expensive.i like my mars panel alot,but I will say they put out some heat.almost as much as a 600w hid from what i can tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom