best leds for your dollar

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
donmekka

donmekka

Ok these leds have peeked my interest with temperature and power usage being concerns . I would like to convert over gradually if possible currently running 600's.
Do they really last 50000 hours?

So led pros what's the best bang for the buck

frebo

frebo

Ok these leds have peeked my interest with temperature and power usage being concerns . I would like to convert over gradually if possible currently running 600's.
Do they really last 50000 hours?

So led pros what's the best bang for the buck
Do not buy the Chinese ones on eBay. Junk

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

lol...

Which manufacturer is currently leading the industry in quality?
Are the 750-800w LEDs actually putting that out?

donmekka

donmekka

Right now the g2 800 parmaxx has my attention just waiting to see what new2leds final weight and buds look like. i they come out rock hard and near a lb per 4x4 i am gonna be picking up a few of them

tags420

tags420

Best in the industry is apache, but some bitch about price. They have some new things about to drop...bigger units(660 actual draw) that actually cover a 4x4 and will out produce a 1000w.

Best for the money is Area51. and quality is top notch too. They also just pre-resleased a new panel.

My original apache's are 4 years old now and still work great. ANd basically no difference in PAR reading compared to newer one of the same model.

Growboy

Growboy

I went with this company Kush innovations LED lights found them on craigslist. Great product got almost all my buddies to switch to these LEDs. They Work great. My group have bought just over 40 lights with no problems.

2013 08 20 014146
20130920 230006
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I went with this company Kush innovations LED lights found them on craigslist. Great product got almost all my buddies to switch to these LEDs. They Work great. My group have bought just over 40 lights with no problems.

What kinds of GPW are you seeing?

donmekka

donmekka

The kush lights you posted have 12 pods ...what ever there called .....on kush inovations web site the biggest they have is the V8 and that only has 8 ''pods''...What up with that? I do dig them though and the price seems pretty good.

Growboy

Growboy

When I first bought them they had the v12 ,but I guess they run to hot. I don't have that problem but whatever my buddies all use the v8 and love them. Use to use 4 600w over 8 plants now I use four lights that total to about 1800 not 2400 plus all the other stuff I dont need to run. The GPW I am getting is the same but it looks like less but they are very dense. something no bigger than a quarter could way over a gram. I would have much rather gone with the smaller units and just had more of them. Would have had much better coverage that way for the same wattage. Like my friend g room above he can control his room with just a small little window ac unit.

tags420

tags420

Those kush innovations are just cidly panels rebranded. They are the cidly apollo series if you want to get them straight from china and not pay the middle man and they offer many different module #'s/wattages(4,6,8,10,12). The only benefit from getting it from a reseller is when they break you don't have to send it back to china...but you pay more from the reseller so it's just a trade off. But same panels in the end.
Cidly, Evergrow, And Bysen/BS led are the 3 main manufacturers in china. Nearly 90% of the panels people ask about are just a rebranded one of those 3. They work good but have longevity issues, and so do all the reseller versions despite what they tell you is custom. Cidly offers what ever spectrum you want(to anyone)...but it is still the same chips and equipment aka a china panel. And certain resellers think if they order a different than stock cidy spectrum, it counts as none cidly panel...what ever helps them sleep, but it's still a cidly panel in the end.

Nice grow grow boy...that takes some serious commitment to actually do it right. I finally got my enough of my led's to fill a 4x12 space to flower how I want. Take some serious $$$to do it right.

Growboy

Growboy

To cover my space 10x10 would only take about 6 v8 for a total investment in the brand I choose is $2000. I don't care where the panel is built because unfortunately a us built would cost me more then double putting it out of my reach. The ones I use work great and out of my group over 40 panels been using for about a year no problems.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

To cover my space 10x10 would only take about 6 v8 for a total investment in the brand I choose is $2000. I don't care where the panel is built because unfortunately a us built would cost me more then double putting it out of my reach. The ones I use work great and out of my group over 40 panels been using for about a year no problems.

Can you speculate on the yield you're getting from 6?

tags420

tags420

How big is your space? In one pic you have a DWC with what looks like 4-6 (12)pod lights...then the other pic is showing a room of 25 lights.

Growboy

Growboy

I go of what i was told that each of the v8 cover 15 sq ft. I have the v12 isn't sold anymore I went with four. The picture with all the v8 is so much over kill but its sweet. My room is about 11x11 it covered pretty good.
I am getting about 8 each plant from about 1800 watts LED.

donmekka

donmekka

Would either of these replace a 600w hps in a 34''x34'' area?

or two of these

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I want to offer my positive feedback.

In plant growing, all but one person I've talked to said they don't yield in flower and are over price contraptions.
This includes grow stores and Harborside Health, the largest and best dispensary I've ever seen. And I've been to Holland many many times and lived in Cali.

The one grower I've met who likes them only uses them as supplementary lighting but really likes his results.

Coral reef tank keepers and shops seem to like them and believe the technology is mature enough.

I've considered them myself but the costs aren't worth it relative to simply cooling a room with mini split a/c, which probably needs to happen anyway. Heat is death.

Just offering feedback I've gotten from all the people I've asked. I've been waiting for LEDs to mature and become cost effective for quite some time.

I'm following this thread closely and am optimistic, but wanted to offer what information I've gotten. Not trying to be opinionated nor hateful.

Very curious to see the affordability and utility of them and want you to be successful.

A lot depends on scale and demand for your medicine too. Best of luck Growboy. Def following along to hear your decisions and results.

Growboy

Growboy

Last time buying something direct from china I Had quality Problems. I tried buy wax pens went through 20 samples and never got the same quality as the popular styled one in stores. Some of the pens wouldn't hold up 10 minutes of lite testing and they would burn out lots of shit never found a good one. how do you hold A company libel all the way on the other side of the globe that you bought 1 light from. If you have a problem with the unit you pay to ship it back to china that would suck, but Let me know how they turn out. I will try to get more pictures up.

Top Bottom