Best Light And Technique For Seedlings?

• Thread starter DiatomaceousE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DiatomaceousE

I have been out of the seedling game for a minute but want to start popping some.

Last time I popped some (2007?) I just user a humidity dome and some cool white t12s, close to the plants as possible.

Want to see what cool new things everyone is doing for their babies.

Hydro head

Hydro head

If it worked that way it will again, I use damp tissue in dark warm place, when tap root sticks out it goes in a root riot block, keep it damp in a propergator under a cfl, simple but effective works for me, a friend of mine just puts seeds in his blocks, straight on to nft setup, lets it run in veg cycle and they always seem to pop ok, but he always ends up with a runt though,

Dan789

Dan789

Soak for a day in shot glass of water, place inside wet paper towel inside old cd case for a day or until the tap root extends outside the seed pod, into the root riot dampened cube, the into the humidity dome till the roots extend out of the cube. Fluorescent lights, not too strong not closer than 18” or so. Then into solo cups.

3ADD1AA7 B24D 41C0 AA06 86319B40D66B
8ED53E87 736A 4A38 84CA 2B213AFA2773
2B66757B B905 42FA 8C4F AAC9B1E530A0
D

DiatomaceousE

Nice information. I have seen @mountainorganics just putting the seeds in his no tills, think it would depend on the ambient humidity.

I forgot to mention I usually just place the seeds in a cup to see if the tap roots will come out for up to a couple days and ones that don't open i will lightly rub with sand paper to try to help with along.

Would be nice to place directly into my 45 smart pots but I don't have that kind of space.

Looking good gentlemen!

brazel

brazel

Nice information. I have seen @mountainorganics just putting the seeds in his no tills, think it would depend on the ambient humidity.

I forgot to mention I usually just place the seeds in a cup to see if the tap roots will come out for up to a couple days and ones that don't open i will lightly rub with sand paper to try to help with along.

Would be nice to place directly into my 45 smart pots but I don't have that kind of space.

Looking good gentlemen!
Nah humidity not an issue. Just moist soil, which no till should always be moist. Never dry.

IMO if I was gonna sand paper I'd do it first. I'd soak them for no more than a day and place in your medium or plug. Better to let the seed open in something it'll be growing in rather it's the final home, root plug, peat disc things.. etc not a paper towel, the root can weave into the fibers and possibly break when removing.

Just my thoughts not saying you have to do that (:

I think there should be enough space for a seed in a 45g pot bahaha

Cheers

Top Bottom