Best Light Cycle For Veg ! Help

• Thread starter Hillfruit77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hillfruit77

Hillfruit77

I have 4 mothers under a 1000 Mh and I have them in 18/6.. I reading earlier and ready that 24 hour lighting is best Forbes veg and to get clones faster . I also reaD it don't hurt them but I also read it harms them they need rest . Do any one have advice on the best light cycle for veg to get clones faster .

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have 4 mothers under a 1000 Mh and I have them in 18/6.. I reading earlier and ready that 24 hour lighting is best Forbes veg and to get clones faster . I also reaD it don't hurt them but I also read it harms them they need rest . Do any one have advice on the best light cycle for veg to get clones faster .
I always do 18-6 unless it's in Autoflower. But that's just my opinion and I am learning more on this website every day so let's see what the pros say.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I vegged for 24 hrs I found that the plants were more easily stressed as their needs increase proportionally to the amount of time they are growing.

Also noticed that the transition period was more problematic with the more drastic light change I guess.

So I started doing 18/6 and plants were happier right away back then so I never tried it again.

But I know growers that do it very successfully.

xeamonk

xeamonk

vegging 24/7 is fine especially if everything is in good swing and on point, i think half of us do, i always do it that way unless something is going amiss and i might give them a break. i notice that stressed plants benefit from rest, for sure. ive read in a few places that anything more than 20 hrs of light per "day" or cycle will not benefit in terms of faster growth, the plant simply cant do more than that, possibly is the explanation. ive also read that plants are very responsive to circadian rhythms and will benefit from having some rest period. it makes sense that in nature they would do certain things at night, like we do in our sleep.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

vegging 24/7 is fine especially if everything is in good swing and on point, i think half of us do, i always do it that way unless something is going amiss and i might give them a break. i notice that stressed plants benefit from rest, for sure. ive read in a few places that anything more than 20 hrs of light per "day" or cycle will not benefit in terms of faster growth, the plant simply cant do more than that, possibly is the explanation. ive also read that plants are very responsive to circadian rhythms and will benefit from having some rest period. it makes sense that in nature they would do certain things at night, like we do in our sleep.
Anyone hear from Nevada? I heard a rumor they just legalized marijuana anybody know about this?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Either 20 on and 4 off or 18 on 6 off

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

No one told you that ladies need their beauty sleep?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
18/6 for the win. Also if you are on a limited budget you can switch your primary lighting source to a lower wattage to save on electrical cost. I have seen mothers well kept at 600 w hid or even some t-5 vho lamps.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
24/0 for reveg and the seedlings and mothers will just have to deal with it because I want to keep this sour diesel pheno, it's like greasy pineapple with a hint of grapefruit

Hillfruit77

Hillfruit77

I always do 18-6 unless it's in Autoflower. But that's just my opinion and I am learning more on this website every day so let's see what the pros say.
True lol still learning as well I think I'll stick with 18/6

Hillfruit77

Hillfruit77

24/0 for reveg and the seedlings and mothers will just have to deal with it because I want to keep this sour diesel pheno, it's like greasy pineapple with a hint of grapefruit
I have 4 moms in 5 gallon buckets that I'm trying to get a lot of clones on fast a short possible ! Any tips ?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have 4 moms in 5 gallon buckets that I'm trying to get a lot of clones on fast a short possible ! Any tips ?
If you go with a 3 light rotation you won't have the kind of pressure to get all those clones going. I just sent this link to someone else it's pretty good and it doesn't have to be a huge three light rotation to get a lot of yield. As far as cloning just keep topping them and clone them.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

18/6 for the win. I've vegged 24/0 many many times, yes plants do grow quicker, but I've found at 18/6 my plants really enjoy the 6 hour rest period. In nature the sun isn't shinning 24/7. Just my 2 cents. Happy Growing

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Actually I keep most of my mother plants in low light. Half of my T-5 bank turned off.

Top Bottom