Best light footprint for 2.5'x5'- GL80L....?

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

How goes it farmers?

Well I'm about to upgrade to a 600 digi and new tent. I have been looking at the GrowLab120 which measures 3'11"x3'11" but realized that I simply don't have the space, so I'll be opting to go with the GrowLab80L which measures 2'7"x4'11" or HomeboxL which is 3'2x3'2. (for reference my current box is 2.5'x3',more than a coupla plants and its crowded so the GL80 is out...and height is my current problem)

One issue with the GL80L is that it only has 5" ports and I run a 8" can with reducer.

GrowLab80L approx- 15sqft, 600w, 95k lumens= 40w/sqft and 6333 lumens/sqft

or the Homebox L which is 3'2"x3'2" approx 9 sqft= 66w/sqft and 10555 lumens/sq ft. (yes with only 1 light the numbers look like a no brainer)

I had been looking at something simple such as the SunSystem super sun2 hood, but not sure if that is large enough to cover a non square area of GL80L.

Anyone using the GrowLab80L or similar size, hood suggestions? Or am I over analyzing? Ha. If I go with the 80L, down the line I'll pick up another 600w to be able to split the tent and light each 2.5x2.5 with a 600.... but funds won't allow that just yet...and the HomeboxL might be the easiest route but not quite as much grow room :doh Not that HomeboxL isn't producing!

Gracias amigos:smiley_joint:

D

d-storecowboy

That is what I have. GL80L with a 96,000 lumen 600 watt light. The ports are bigger than 5" because I had a 6" vortex fan in there, so the ports are 6. One issue I had was the fan was too powerful for the tent. I went down to a 4" fan and it works perfectly now. The 6" would suck my tent in because it was moving alot more air than could be pulled in from the vents. My temps stay in the 73-75 range and my cool tube is touchable without being burned. I have run 50 watts per sq ft and 40 per sq ft and have honestly not notice a difference. The lower buds may be tighter with 50 but I use CFL UVB bulbs on the sides to supplement the lighting a bit. I don't use very many of these either, so I doubt they make a huge difference.

true grit

true grit

Well cowboy, you may be my hero. I decided that the light would be enough after recalculating and finding it is actually more like 50w/sqft and 7800 lumens/sq foot, but my major concern was having to buy a different fan- 6" ports = muy bueno.

I have a fan controller so I can drop down the intensity as much as needed, and will probably pick up another 6" Can Fan for cheap.

How's the yield and how many decent sized plants can you fit under that light if you don't mind answering? Only downside about going with GL80L as opposed to the Homebox, is that I lose the room for a small clone/veg box in my space, but if the yield and plant numbers are worth it then screw it. I'm sure I can figure out some sort of mini-veg box hehe...

Thanks again!

Top Bottom