Best light for 2x4 grow tent

• Thread starter SecretSeshGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretSeshGrow

SecretSeshGrow

Pretty self explanatory, I need to replace the light I have now because it gets to hot. What are some good suggestions for a light for a 2x4 tent. P.s Iā€™m on a budget

ChesterCheeba

ChesterCheeba

Pretty self explanatory, I need to replace the light I have now because it gets to hot. What are some good suggestions for a light for a 2x4 tent. P.s Iā€™m on a budget
What kind of light are you using now?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im happy with my viparspectras, xs2000 and two xs1500. whatever you get, you can find coupons for most. viparspectra website didnt charge me tax, so that saved a bunch instead of amazon.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

1. 2 * HLG 135w rspec
2. 2* Viparspectra XS1500
3. Viparspectra xs2000

In order of best to worst in my opinion.
HLG makes a good light. Minimum 240 watts is also about right for a 2 x 4. It would be 30w per ft square. Two of those boards at 270w total would be even better.

I've got 6 quantum boards from Kingbrite on Alibaba ... I've been happy with those boards, but I'm hesitant to recommend them without knowing what shipping rates are currently running.

I've got no experience with the Viparspectra.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I got two viparspectra p1000s instead of 1 p2000, I think it gives me a more customizable footprint that way but you end up with 2 cords instead of 1

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I got two viparspectra p1000s instead of 1 p2000, I think it gives me a more customizable footprint that way but you end up with 2 cords instead of 1

2 cords, lol ... I will take the 2 cords and the flexibility it gives you with the 2 lights as opposed to using just 1. OP is interested in the HLG 135. If it runs at 135w and he buys 2, it would be golden. You would be the one to let the OP know about the viparspectra lights but 2 is always better than 1 in my opinion.

Dungeongangsta

Dungeongangsta

i got the Optic 320sseems to really be pushing weight on the cola tops

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i got the Optic 320sseems to really be pushing weight on the cola tops
It looks a lot like the ROI-e720 I have for my 5 x 5 tent. If it is, it would be an outstanding light. I didn't see what it cost in the link you provided. Assuming the manufacturer is not fudging numbers, ppf/w : 3.1 umols/J is outstanding.

Edit: Found the price $649. 00 ....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thoughts on the TSL2000? Thats what I run in my 2x4. Im new though, gonna use it for veg and flower.
I've never used anything from Mars so I have no idea on what the quality is. Your light is PPE: 2.3umol/J The slim320S mentioned above is a much better light in terms of output (providing those numbers are real), but it's also more than double the price.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

30w per sq ft of full spectrum LED will give you more than enough to flower strongly.

Prob help if you gave an idea as to the budget you have

Latest posts

Top Bottom