Best light for indoor flowering?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

@Buzzer777 if you figure out why the hell your and my plants are flowering in June in one area and happily in veg in another, i'm dying to know (lol). seriously can't understand that shit. i'm just so glad i'm not the only one that finds it a major mind fuck :drunk: LMAO

SinCity

SinCity

What many LED growers don't understand is that more efficient drivers expel less heat. I am in N. Nevada's high desert, and heat would be impossible for me to control. IMO, Meanwell drivers (recommended by both ) are the most efficient and the best (those little 2 inch fans are terrible). I prefer headroom left in the driver, instead of running it full out.

Soaking it all up...

beautiful area you're in....crazy climate but stunning. i couldn't handle the aridness even if i could handle the extremes of heat and cold. hats off to you. i'm old and grumpy about weather. super lucky to be in the area i'm in---even the site in sw oregon my partner and i are doing gets too fucking hot for me. great for the plants. but not for cranky hippies.

SinCity

SinCity

you're a rock star @Buzzer777 --none of us in my circle know how to solder lol
no solder is required if i'm going to do DIY

sweet--atreum sells the 288 with a heat sink attached for $25 more--

i was going to lay down several zeros for several spydrx .... may so many good things come to you

and to @Rootbound !

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Oh I know you didn’t mean anything negative by them. I just find it interesting! I didn’t even know mars sent lights that you could put together yourself, they seem pretty flimsy so I wouldn’t trust myself putting one of those things together!.
That's not what I meant!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Soaking it all up...

beautiful area you're in....crazy climate but stunning. i couldn't handle the aridness even if i could handle the extremes of heat and cold. hats off to you. i'm old and grumpy about weather. super lucky to be in the area i'm in---even the site in sw oregon my partner and i are doing gets too fucking hot for me. great for the plants. but not for cranky hippies.
Hahahah..Bet I am older! Hint: HS class of 1965!

Sorta like living in a blast furnace in the summer and cold and snow in the winter. Truly a sportsman's paradise! (smoker's too..LOL)
best way to ring in 420!!!!!!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

That's not what I meant!

That light is used and the guy was asking how to fix it. That’s not really a good example of a mars hydro light. No offence tho

SinCity

SinCity

What many LED growers don't understand is that more efficient drivers expel less heat. I am in N. Nevada's high desert, and heat would be impossible for me to control. IMO, Meanwell drivers (recommended by both ) are the most efficient and the best (those little 2 inch fans are terrible). I prefer headroom left in the driver, instead of running it full out.

ok, starting to feel a little less lost. drivers do what ballasts did..they regulate the power flow...ok. meanwells aren't even expensive. and my electrician can interpret and deal with whatever these drivers need, along with exhaust and maybe occasional cooling. almost certainly a few dehumidifiers. and i like the bulbs being more tightly clustered than the big spaces between the 'bars' of the fluences. LED casts in a more limited way than sodiums and halides, and i like the idea of being able to position these boards versus those big ass spydrx. plus i feel like they're going to be easier to hang and lower/raise. one thing i;ve learned in my little laundry room is to back those LEDs off the plants way more than i thought.

SinCity

SinCity

Hahahah..Bet I am older! Hint: HS class of 1965!

Sorta like living in a blast furnace in the summer and cold and snow in the winter. Truly a sportsman's paradise! (smoker's too..LOL)
best way to ring in 420!!!!!!

View attachment 880493

you got me beat lol

i'm glad we both love where we live...it's key to a happy life...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That light is used and the guy was asking how to fix it. That’s not really a good example of a mars hydro light. No offence tho
None taken, but the company did the same thing with their new lights..Did you happen to notice who chimed in..Logic (the site OWNER) himself, and he doesn't usually take sides.

I wanted to link here, but google around and there are tons of reports that support my views. (look at Grasscity too) Mars has done more to injure the image of LEDs than anyone..now we have nonames picking up where mars left off.

SinCity

SinCity

None taken, but the company did the same thing with their new lights..Did you happen to notice who chimed in..Logic (the site OWNER) himself, and he doesn't usually take sides.

I wanted to link here, but google around and there are tons of reports that support my views. (look at Grasscity too) Mars has done more to injure the image of LEDs than anyone..now we have nonames picking up where mars left off.

ya know, it's fascinating how less confusing LEDs are then i was making them out to be...a case study in how our minds react to the unknown...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

And then we have REAL light! LMAO
PS..That Scotts cart is the Old Scotts, not the Monsanto/Bayer Scotts..Sigh.. but the sprayers are new:(

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Cheap lights are cheap lights if you go in expecting a farrri and get a Kia your gonna be pissed off. Things are meant to fall out of warranty before they break so you have to buy a new one, that’s how the modern market works imo. im Not claiming mars to be a good company or have any good business practices. I appreciate it

SinCity

SinCity

And then we have REAL light! LMAO
PS..That Scotts cart is the Old Scotts, not the Monsanto/Bayer Scotts..Sigh.. but the sprayers are new:(

View attachment 880495
gorgeous! it took my partner awhile to convince me that the rounded architecture is best when you're growing trees. glad to see our plants look similar!

that's last year.
IMG 1427

SinCity

SinCity

Cheap lights are cheap lights if you go in expecting a farrri and get a Kia your gonna be pissed off. Things are meant to fall out of warranty before they break so you have to buy a new one, that’s how the modern market works imo. im Not claiming mars to be a good company or have any good business practices. I appreciate it

cheap is different from value though that's for sure!! @Rootbound and @Buzzer777 just saved me thousands and thousands of dollars on the spydrx 'ferrarris' recommended to me...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the info ventilation is my next step for sure!

Would something like this hps work good?

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday...+light+setup&qid=1562761327&s=gateway&sr=8-11

I’m not too experienced with using the ballists and the hps lights so I was checking a lot on Amazon/offer up/eBay for ready to go lights so I could make a fast transition (don’t wanna try piecing one together and f****** it up or buying the wrong parts and having to wait and have my plants begin to flower haha..

Yes that should work fine. I dont know the quality of vivosun though.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
sweet--atreum sells the 288 with a heat sink attached for $25 more--

i was going to lay down several zeros for several spydrx .... may so many good things come to you

and to @Rootbound !
And the heatsink is where I connect my adjustable light hangers from, no need to build a frame was nice. Each of my qb fixtures has 2 - 288 boards attached to it. Adjustable from 95 watts to 285 watts.

Top Bottom