Best light(s) for 5x5 tent.

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, I'm fairly new to growing and I'm about to throw together a new tent. The stuff I have right now is 2nd hand and too large for my needs. I have a 4x8x6 tent and I realize that I can legally grow my limit of 5 plants easily in a 5x5 right? I'm doing autos now but will be doing photo as well later in a smaller tent most likely. Now I'm wondering what would be the best light or should I get 2 instead of 1? I'm running 2 second hand blurple boxes now. I would like to get one of the higher end brands and can spend 600 or so max 700. I've noticed some people prefer 1 light while others say more lights is better. Any info much appreciated!

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Hey Vexor,
I don't know if buying a light directly from China is something that interest you, but that's what I did. I did a bunch of research on replacing my 1000 watt HPS light with LED and decided to go with a Meijiu A8 650watt light bar from Alibaba.

I got this light shipped for $650 USD. (I think its a little less now.) There are some cons to buying a light from Alibaba. If something goes wrong with the light, you would have to pay shipping to get it replaced and that's a couple hundred. So if customer service is a big priority, I probably wouldn't go with a light from China.

Also they have a newer version...F8 more diodes, even more spread. Like $200 more.

I use the light in a 4x5 space and I really pack the plants in and so far I can tell this light is holding its own with my old bulbs. I think it would flower a 5x5 as well, but I don't have a light meter so I don't know for sure. I know the F8 would. I'm getting ready to purchase the F8 for the second half of my flower room.

Cant attest to potency or yield yet as this is still my first grow with the new light. But my ladies are FROSTY at 5 weeks flower, so I'm happy so far.

Anyways something to think about...good luck in your search!

IMG 1401

IMG 1397 2

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Hey Vexor,
I don't know if buying a light directly from China is something that interest you, but that's what I did. I did a bunch of research on replacing my 1000 watt HPS light with LED and decided to go with a Meijiu A8 650watt light bar from Alibaba.

I got this light shipped for $650 USD. (I think its a little less now.) There are some cons to buying a light from Alibaba. If something goes wrong with the light, you would have to pay shipping to get it replaced and that's a couple hundred. So if customer service is a big priority, I probably wouldn't go with a light from China.

Also they have a newer version...F8 more diodes, even more spread. Like $200 more.

I use the light in a 4x5 space and I really pack the plants in and so far I can tell this light is holding its own with my old bulbs. I think it would flower a 5x5 as well, but I don't have a light meter so I don't know for sure. I know the F8 would. I'm getting ready to purchase the F8 for the second half of my flower room.

Cant attest to potency or yield yet as this is still my first grow with the new light. But my ladies are FROSTY at 5 weeks flower, so I'm happy so far.

Anyways something to think about...good luck in your search!

View attachment 1086857
View attachment 1086858
Wow buddy have never heard of this company before but they seem great they have awesome lights for awesome prices thank you so much for posting link...

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

When you run autoflowers under a full spec light they tend to go into flower early, i just proved this by running a purple kush plant under full spec, if you were going to run photoperid plants only i would recommend spider farmer bc it has better diods, since your running both photoperid and autoflowers i recommend a viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector series $150 delivered, with this light you can run your autoflowers under just blue light when it's time to bloom you shut off the blue and turn on the red and ir, if your running photoperid plants you can run them under blue and when there big enough switch on the bloom this will give your plant full spec light, when it's time to flower turn off the blue cut your cycle and run them under just bloom, the best of both worlds, i have had mine for over 3 years without a single problem, pics 1 & 2 3 bears og, last pic ghost train haze the leaves are not yellow there lime green it's the flash allso note the blue hue in the flower, steer clear of Mars Hydro.

20210201 061637
20210201 061742
20210201 061527
Top Bottom