Best light schedule for Autos

• Thread starter StrykerX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrykerX

StrykerX

I find that any hours beyond 18hrs of daylight seem to stress my out my girls. I have since evolved to the 6 on 2 off. Any one else notice any differences when using different light schedules?

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Im interested in hearing about this. I have never done autos and been at it a long time.

HighestCut

HighestCut

I have autos and didn’t know it at first (I meant to buy non-auto). Started them on 18/6. Once I found out they were autos switched them to 20/4 and they are doing perfect. Could it be a different variable that is stressing them?

I also topped the auto twice! Which I later read that is a no no. I might get a smaller yield from it, but she is still healthy.

5556339A 817D 41E5 94F7 088CC0BD7436

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Zero on zero off. Not worth growing autos.
Why do you say that? Curious, I've never grown auto's but a friend gave me 2 seeds I was going to try out doors come summer. Is it the size? potency? I was going to start them indoors in June then slide them outside when it heats up. I thought auto's were the way of the future, What's the problem with them?

TimeLine

TimeLine

nothing is the problem except getting consistent seeds from a breeder and getting them off to an ok start...right pot, condtions...and then realize when the seed is a fail and cull..many breeders you can tell to harvest viable vs just crap that won't be anything..usually by the 2nd set of leaves..1st really..if they stunt out right off they suck..if those leaves keep pushing ya got a good one

I found fast buds to be the best I have not tried themall but tried many and they were by far the best all around..ease/consistent/flavor/smell/yield/and reasonable mold issues

actually my avatar is a blackberry kush auto by dutch passion I believe..it was super neat plant worth the time just for the stark difference to anything else I had ever grown..seen for that matter

BigCube

BigCube

Why do you say that? Curious, I've never grown auto's but a friend gave me 2 seeds I was going to try out doors come summer. Is it the size? potency? I was going to start them indoors in June then slide them outside when it heats up. I thought auto's were the way of the future, What's the problem with them?

Small, picky, shitty genetics, cant clone, cant choose veg schedule or do much training, forced to start from seed every time, is a very quick way for govt to limit genetics by making only auto seeds legal. Even if that doesnt happen, breeders are already using it expressly so you cant keep a mother and are forced to buy seeds every time.

The real question is, what is good about auto? Honestly... what is good about them?

TimeLine

TimeLine

variety...ease...space...fun..unique to what has been known

those are all appealing traits..I would hit that and sounds like they would be open to it...thus we have some fun

I agree about the seed always..but ummm it is a plant right they come from ummm seeds are we that far from the basics now?

I wanna make my own but CS seems like an extended process that may not fully result in the desired outcome first sought..in regards to stability

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Small, picky, shitty genetics, cant clone, cant choose veg schedule or do much training, forced to start from seed every time, is a very quick way for govt to limit genetics by making only auto seeds legal. Even if that doesnt happen, breeders are already using it expressly so you cant keep a mother and are forced to buy seeds every time.

The real question is, what is good about auto? Honestly... what is good about them?
Thank you! I heard that with the original genetics with the cross with the rudderalis ? that it is hard to breed out the red head in the family genes so that every now and then you get a plant with 90%+ ruderalis genetics ( the redhead) which means you spent 3 months of growing hemp quality pot.

BigCube

BigCube

variety...ease...space...fun..unique to what has been known

those are all appealing traits..I would hit that and sounds like they would be open to it...thus we have some fun

I agree about the seed always..but ummm it is a plant right they come from ummm seeds are we that far from the basics now?

I wanna make my own but CS seems like an extended process that may not fully result in the desired outcome first sought..in regards to stability

There is as much and more variety in fem/regular seeds, it is not easier at all. Unless you think setting a timer once every 2 or 3 months is difficult. Autos are pickier and not at all easier. If you want a small plant, dont veg so long and flower sooner. Fun... well I'd like to hear the argument for growing auto being more fun than regular. Unique to what has been known? That literally means nothing.

It's actually easier to go from seed than it is to clone. Keeping a mother for an extended period of time is nowhere near as easy as sprouting a seed. It's not about being hard or easy, it's about faster growth, better product, more product, more consistent product, being able to make plants without spending money, giving and trading genetics and not having your plant herm when you look at it sideways... things like that.

I see zero benefits to auto.
None. Full stop.

vampirion78

vampirion78

im growing my auto euforia on 24/0, cant do otherwise cos the room my tents in is kinda chilly and im trying to keep temp at 20c, the plant seems adapted to the light schedule but when it get warmer ill turn to 20/4, all plants are made to have hours in the dark i guess, its nature

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

auto is the only thing you should grow indoor really, I think that's what an auto is they bred them indoors in tight spaces and they started doing that

TimeLine

TimeLine

"Unique to what has been known? That literally means nothing."

for the past umm well whatever years the mainstream has not grown autos..or at least autos of this quality and variety
so yeaaah "unique to what has been known" means something

seeing zero benefits probly stems from your "full stop" mentality it's hard to "grow" when absolutes rule ones mind

edit
entertainment value in the "different" is of value to some...I wager many

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

that's cause autos usually grow one at a time and they are doing full grow ops, they are light hogs aren't they

TimeLine

TimeLine

autos thrive outside also...come on light hogs..umm not for outside lol

everyone does realize the sun is a pretty big frigging light right?

BigCube

BigCube

auto is the only thing you should grow indoor really, I think that's what an auto is they bred them indoors in tight spaces and they started doing that

Why?

No, an auto is just a cannabis plant that has been bread with cannabis ruderalis. As apposed to sativa or indica. All it does is choose when it wants to flower on it's own. That's it.

All cannabis plants can be grown indoor and in tight spaces. Auto isnt special in any way in that regard.

Here is 2 white widows, cloned from the same plant. One grown large, one grown small. White widow is know for its large yields and is normally a big plant. But if you know how to grow, its trivial to keep it small.

20191122 094907

In a 3x3x6 tent, touching the walls and about 4 ft tall.

20191129 122223

In a 1.5x1.5x3 tent about a foot tall.

The same plant, same nutrients, just grown different. Auto has zero benefits I can see.

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

I live in Canada so we cant really grow outdoor here ….you need a greenhouse and a flowering greenhouse but it grows really fast in BC... not the best weed and I felt sick after three weeks of smoking it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Autos were bred for greenhouse and outdoor crops for a harvest mid season. They are perfect for that.

Only reason I think they are popular indoor is for noobs afraid of light proofing.

I started with autos from all the forum info. Photo plants make more sense indoor. Less light cycle for more yield and can be cloned to re run favorite plants.

They were fun to learn with.

Top Bottom