Best light schedule for Autos

• Thread starter StrykerX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

They are both autos, they are both growing like autos with the second set of branches growing immediately. I had a regular strain shoot up and develop a few sets of the main leaves before moving on to the first set of secondary branches, then eventually a third, and fourth and maybe you will get some. After 70 days its too big for a closet. Its hard to find a regular that wont stop growing. Autos crown themselves right away instead of shooting up a second set of main leaves.

Why?

No, an auto is just a cannabis plant that has been bread with cannabis ruderalis. As apposed to sativa or indica. All it does is choose when it wants to flower on it's own. That's it.

All cannabis plants can be grown indoor and in tight spaces. Auto isnt special in any way in that regard.

Here is 2 white widows, cloned from the same plant. One grown large, one grown small. White widow is know for its large yields and is normally a big plant. But if you know how to grow, its trivial to keep it small.

View attachment 940261

In a 3x3x6 tent, touching the walls and about 4 ft tall.

View attachment 940260

In a 1.5x1.5x3 tent about a foot tall.

The same plant, same nutrients, just grown different. Auto has zero benefits I can see.

BigCube

BigCube

I live in Canada so we cant really grow outdoor here ….you need a greenhouse and a flowering greenhouse but it grows really fast in BC... not the best weed and I felt sick after three weeks of smoking it.

I live in Vancouver. Plenty of time to grow outdoor. I dont, but I know many who do. Last year my dad was late getting started and still finished in time.

If you grew something that made you sick, you did it wrong 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ooo can I see????? That sounds sweet. Where is it from?

Pics in my thread and my avatar is one but i lost that cut. Im growing a new one now.

0BA91E24 DF3C 4D35 8461 9520AB155A4A

Its CH9 and not available as far as I know. The breeder and I have had a falling out. He wouldnt ship my order to america after i waited months for him. He flaked out or something. He told me to call Motarebel and Shantibaba for seeds. He has a new website with a few strains on it now. I forget what he calls himself now. I think ch9 is no more. Sad.

There is a ch9 og kush x trainwreck behind it. Looks funny now that i see it. Hard to tell which branches are which.

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

you can but you need to send them to Africa to flower, I had two of them.... EDAM BOMB by bomb seeds. Solid strain but it would not stop growing. I think it takes like 4000 watts to flower those or something.

BigCube

BigCube

Pics in my thread and my avatar is one but i lost that cut. Im growing a new one now.

View attachment 940291

Its CH9 and not available as far as I know. The breeder and I have had a falling out. He wouldnt ship my order to america after i waited months for him. He flaked out or something. He told me to call Motarebel and Shantibaba for seeds. He has a new website with a few strains on it now. I forget what he calls himself now. I think ch9 is no more. Sad.

There is a ch9 og kush x trainwreck behind it. Looks funny now that i see it. Hard to tell which branches are which.

You had seeds around? Or a mom?

My dad dug up some old seeds that were by his best guess 10 to 12 years old. Would have been bag seed. But in Vancouver, bag seed = some good genetics usually. I sprouted them, he grew them. Well he's a cheap ass, and was using my runoff for nutes and then some dollar store nutes 🤣

Anyways, one of them was dynamite! It grew heavy purple, smelling heavy of blueberry and of course, he didn't flush properly cause he was in a hurry.

Anyways, I talked him in to re-vegging it and now it has shoots. I'm a see what I can do with it. But even sub optimal conditions, nutrients and care, it had the most blueberry flavor of anything I've smelled in the last 10 years.

Hope it's something good!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You had seeds around? Or a mom?

My dad dug up some old seeds that were by his best guess 10 to 12 years old. Would have been bag seed. But in Vancouver, bag seed = some good genetics usually. I sprouted them, he grew them. Well he's a cheap ass, and was using my runoff for nutes and then some dollar store nutes 🤣

Anyways, one of them was dynamite! It grew heavy purple, smelling heavy of blueberry and of course, he didn't flush properly cause he was in a hurry.

Anyways, I talked him in to re-vegging it and now it has shoots. I'm a see what I can do with it. But even sub optimal conditions, nutrients and care, it had the most blueberry flavor of anything I've smelled in the last 10 years.

Hope it's something good!

Yeah I had a 5 pack with a couple seeds left.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

There is as much and more variety in fem/regular seeds, it is not easier at all. Unless you think setting a timer once every 2 or 3 months is difficult. Autos are pickier and not at all easier. If you want a small plant, dont veg so long and flower sooner. Fun... well I'd like to hear the argument for growing auto being more fun than regular. Unique to what has been known? That literally means nothing.

It's actually easier to go from seed than it is to clone. Keeping a mother for an extended period of time is nowhere near as easy as sprouting a seed. It's not about being hard or easy, it's about faster growth, better product, more product, more consistent product, being able to make plants without spending money, giving and trading genetics and not having your plant herm when you look at it sideways... things like that.

I see zero benefits to auto.
None. Full stop.
I am not a big fan of autoflowering cultivars myself. I am old school and not a lot of people even gave a second thought to ruderalis back in the day. I have only accidentally run any and that was from some bag seed that I received from a homie and boy was I pissed when I found out that I would not be able to take cuttings to start my perpetual grow back up. Even more so now that one of those has the tightest little kushy nugz.

@BigCube While I keep seeing posts of yours that are informative and you truly have beautiful skills when it comes to growing, I also run across a lot where you seem to believe that your opinion is fact and everyone else should just believe exactly what you do. I don't know why no one else has told you how harsh some of your posts come off. My opinions, even if they are fact, are my own and everyone else is entitled to their own, even if they are dead wrong. Everything doesn't have to be right or wrong. The universe isn't that black and white. As an adult, I state my opinion, allow others to state their own and then I go on about my life. I really hope you don't take offense to this, but just read through some of your previous posts if you believe that I am mistaken. Positive vibes...

@OP I run the lights over my autoflowering plants 24/7 because I am not a fan of autos and I couldn't care less what they want when they are mine haha. I wish you well in finding out what suits your plants best! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am not a big fan of autoflowering cultivars myself. I am old school and not a lot of people even gave a second thought to ruderalis back in the day. I have only accidentally run any and that was from some bag seed that I received from a homie and boy was I pissed when I found out that I would not be able to take cuttings to start my perpetual grow back up. Even more so now that one of those has the tightest little kushy nugz.

@BigCube While I keep seeing posts of yours that are informative and you truly have beautiful skills when it comes to growing, I also run across a lot where you seem to believe that your opinion is fact and everyone else should just believe exactly what you do. I don't know why no one else has told you how harsh some of your posts come off. My opinions, even if they are fact, are my own and everyone else is entitled to their own, even if they are dead wrong. Everything doesn't have to be right or wrong. The universe isn't that black and white. As an adult, I state my opinion, allow others to state their own and then I go on about my life. I really hope you don't take offense to this, but just read through some of your previous posts if you believe that I am mistaken. Positive vibes...

@OP I run the lights over my autoflowering plants 24/7 because I am not a fan of autos and I couldn't care less what they want when they are mine haha. I wish you well in finding out what suits your plants best! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Gees I don't know about that criticism of BigCube to be accurate. I haven't been around that long but I've not seen anything he's posted I could really argue with. When you know your shit its hard to take others arguments & suggestions seriously. The proof is in the pudding so to speak. For a lot of us with keyboard and smiley faces. Its not as easy to get across context and type can be gone before there's any thought to the sensibility of others opinions.

You know what they say about opinions and that just like aholes everyone has one. I don't want to listen or smell the noises & odors out of every ahole in the outhouse. My ahole is the only one that matters and the only one doesn't stink.😄😁😊 See there ya go a couple of smiley faces and everyone is happy. 😁

BigCube

BigCube

~nugzz

That's just how I come across. I know I can be abrasive, I am sorry I come across that way, my intentions are good.

If you pay careful attention to how I word things. I dont claim opinions as facts, often I take pains to point out when I dont know the facts.

I say things like, I cant see any benefit, and I havent seen anything that would suggest that... this kind of language..

I always say I'm willing to change my mind on things if my current understanding can be proven wrong.
It also has a few times here, and I've accepted the corrections and incorporated them in further correspondence.

Not sure what you want from me man 🤣

If you dont like what I say or how I say it, I guess find the ignore button or live with it. 🤭

Moshmen

Moshmen

Zero on zero off. Not worth growing autos.
Come on cube def not top shelf but some of us have no other choice, and I still get better product than I can buy at a dispensary! Last plant went 90 days from seed to harvest and produced 80’s dried ( over $500 at our local dispensary)
Now I know that is just the larf bottom buds on one of ur trees ! But for some of us autos are the best option, not the first

Moshmen

Moshmen

nothing is the problem except getting consistent seeds from a breeder and getting them off to an ok start...right pot, condtions...and then realize when the seed is a fail and cull..many breeders you can tell to harvest viable vs just crap that won't be anything..usually by the 2nd set of leaves..1st really..if they stunt out right off they suck..if those leaves keep pushing ya got a good one

I found fast buds to be the best I have not tried themall but tried many and they were by far the best all around..ease/consistent/flavor/smell/yield/and reasonable mold issues

actually my avatar is a blackberry kush auto by dutch passion I believe..it was super neat plant worth the time just for the stark difference to anything else I had ever grown..seen for that matter

So true! Fast buds good but so far my favorite is 00

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

That's just how I come across. I know I can be abrasive, I am sorry I come across that way, my intentions are good.

If you pay careful attention to how I word things. I dont claim opinions as facts, often I take pains to point out when I dont know the facts.

I say things like, I cant see any benefit, and I havent seen anything that would suggest that... this kind of language..

I always say I'm willing to change my mind on things if my current understanding can be proven wrong.
It also has a few times here, and I've accepted the corrections and incorporated them in further correspondence.

Not sure what you want from me man 🤣

If you dont like what I say or how I say it, I guess find the ignore button or live with it. 🤭
I can appreciate where you are coming from. It is humorous, I don't see the cute little smiley face things until I quote your message haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

I am not a fan of people growing shitty weed for fun to sell but that seems to be what most of you do.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Small, picky, shitty genetics, cant clone, cant choose veg schedule or do much training, forced to start from seed every time, is a very quick way for govt to limit genetics by making only auto seeds legal. Even if that doesnt happen, breeders are already using it expressly so you cant keep a mother and are forced to buy seeds every time.

The real question is, what is good about auto? Honestly... what is good about them?

Low smell, small size, I can veg a plant and flower In The same tent if needed , quick turn around
That’s it that’s all the pluses, there are way more cons but sometimes it’s the best option

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am not a fan of people growing shitty weed for fun to sell but that seems to be what most of you do.
Off your meds today are you. lol Have you spent any time reading these posts? I think you'll find that this is the growing and smoking crowd. The crowing and selling group is on another web site, try wewant2go2jail.com or. mynslc.ca to find those selling crap weed.

Moshmen

Moshmen

There is as much and more variety in fem/regular seeds, it is not easier at all. Unless you think setting a timer once every 2 or 3 months is difficult. Autos are pickier and not at all easier. If you want a small plant, dont veg so long and flower sooner. Fun... well I'd like to hear the argument for growing auto being more fun than regular. Unique to what has been known? That literally means nothing.

It's actually easier to go from seed than it is to clone. Keeping a mother for an extended period of time is nowhere near as easy as sprouting a seed. It's not about being hard or easy, it's about faster growth, better product, more product, more consistent product, being able to make plants without spending money, giving and trading genetics and not having your plant herm when you look at it sideways... things like that.

I see zero benefits to auto.
None. Full stop.

Everything you say is true! But for me for now it’s the only option, so we will just keep on growin ! Lmao I’ll smoke two if I gotta

Top Bottom