Best Lights Going Into 2020???

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I need a little help. Took a little break, and now I’m getting a new room ready. I usually grow vertical...my yields are excellent!

However, I want to switch to a horizontal top end double ended setup on light movers, or something good like ceramics (no clue how it works), just not leds.

I been searching for the 1000w 120v Gavitas, but it looks like they stopped making that variant???

What I was thinking of is running 2x 1000w gavitas in individual 4x8 lanes on light movers.

Here’s my basic setup:
-8x8 area w/Co2
-Blumats
-Canna coco

What lighting or what type of lighting setup should I get going into 2020???

B

Burned Haze

Even if you want a de ( I wouldn’t , but you wanted to go that route), don’t support Monsanto ( if it was me, you asked ;) )
There’s tons of de brands these days, so why go do that brand (Monsanto Thant owns Gavitas ) the stats on the light aren’t better and their brand isn’t better in anyway ? google em ;)

what’s the height of your ceilings ? 1000w 9-15ft Since you need 3-4 ft distance from light to canopy vs 750w 8-10ft ( too many dudes think they can just dim it down , that works but it also hurts your efficiency ridiculously ) the 750 version or cmh’s vs’s (630’s ) would be a better option vs a full 1000w de since so many people have height issues .

If it was me and not “ de”option I would go led’s I hints why I have my 10 de’s in a box lol,I would buy HLG (QB) or Timber ( vero29 cob) and they would easily match em for 40% of power and than 30-40% less heat and no replacement bulbs/reflectors ( which the de’s would need every 1-2 rounds )

Last edited by a moderator:
dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Even if you want a de ( I wouldn’t , but you wanted to go that route), don’t support Monsanto ( if it was me, you asked ;) )
There’s tons of de brands these days, so why go do that brand (Monsanto Thant owns Gavitas ) the stats on the light aren’t better and their brand isn’t better in anyway ? google em ;)

what’s the height of your ceilings ? 1000w 9-15ft Since you need 3-4 ft distance from light to canopy vs 750w 8-10ft ( too many dudes think they can just dim it down , that works but it also hurts your efficiency ridiculously ) the 750 version or cmh’s vs’s (630’s ) would be a better option vs a full 1000w de since so many people have height issues .

If it was me and not “ de”option I would go led’s I hints why I have my 10 de’s in a box lol,I would buy HLG (QB) or Timber ( vero29 cob) and they would easily match em for 40% of power and than 30-40% less heat and no replacement bulbs/reflectors ( which the de’s would need every 1-2 rounds )
🤔 Soooo, leds have to come to a place where they can actually match the density and yield of HID lighting??? Can you point me to some grows using the lights you’ve recommended???

I’m running 8x8 tents so my height restriction is like 80 inches (more like 72 in) I’m assuming the height wouldn’t be an issue because the lamps would be on light movers.

Heat in general is an aspect of my grows I rarely deal with because I proactively account for it. Nothing a cool ambient temp and some 8 in duct fans can’t control. I’ve been bare-bulb vert for years.

I’m just trying to get a up-to-date lighting setup that’s just as efficient in the yield and quality area, if possible.

I easily pull 1gpw and I’ve seen a bunch of people get really good yields using gavitas. I’m open to what works whether gavita or whoever...(I feel ya on monsanto)...

B

Burned Haze

2-4 Is easily conquered per 1000 watts and can be done once environment is stabilized ( you can’t blame the lights if you are having unstable things in your environment, that’s 30+ of your end results )

Imagine if you were buying 500-1500 lights, heats adds up + durability and company background/support ( if it was was me )

—-
Brand I would suggest Timber Led( chip : cob vero 29 )
Wonderful costumer support, durable parts, no plastic parts ( if I’m having this light in a grow room, It has to be durable and the other companies builds are like mothers or pure plastic , I’m just not sure if they will last )
1-2f raise raise on canopy of temperatures

2nd choice is HLG( chip:quantum boards )
1-2f raise on canopy of temperatures

3rd Fluence aka spydrx plus ( CHIP:OSRAM)
2-4f raise on canopy of temperatures
Negative : I don’t like how close it is to canopy ( so it makes it harder to work, so I like hlg and Timber better)

DE
temps
5-8f or 6000 btu raise per light by average

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

2-4 Is easily conquered per 1000 watts and can be done once environment is stabilized ( you can’t blame the lights if you are having unstable things in your environment, that’s 30+ of your end results )

Brand I would suggest Timber Led( chip : cob vero 29 )
Wonderful costumer support, durable parts, no plastic parts ( if I’m having this light in a grow room, It has to be durable and the other companies builds are like mothers or pure plastic , I’m just not sure if they will last )
1-2f raise raise on canopy of temperatures

2nd choice is HLG( chip:quantum boards )
1-2f raise on canopy of temperatures

3rd Fluence aka spydrx plus ( CHIP:OSRAM)
4-6f raise on canopy of temperatures

BH, I’m gonna take your word on this now. I was intrigued by leds years ago, but that faith went down the drain pretty fast once the comparisons against HID started to happen. I’m gonna check out this now.

I was just looking at another thread that listed a Mad Dog something led. I searched on Amazon and came across this brand Viparspectra, which had like 4 1/2 stars with 934 reviews. Have you heard of them?

B

Burned Haze

Crap brand, sorry to bust your bubble

Not snake oiling you bro ( I’m not a sales man for them but I do own every brand led I stated, wouldn’t give blind reviews )

Look at the brands I stated above ( that’s the best chipsets on the market and even if you get smaller version first, you will be happy cause they last and it’s worth it. You gotta pay to play )

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

SPYDR 2i is a direct 1 on 1 replacement for a single ended 1000w Hortilux HPS. Runs around 630w at the wall

Hortilux is 1600umol
Spyder2i is 1700umol

Osram Far Red are the best there are.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Crap brand, sorry to bust your bubble

Not snake oiling you bro ( I’m not a sales man for them but I do own every brand led I stated, wouldn’t give blind reviews )

Look at the brands I stated above ( that’s the best chipsets on the market and even if you get smaller version first, you will be happy cause they last and it’s worth it. You gotta pay to play )
I can dig it...much appreciated!!! I like the thinnest of HLG. I want to put two in an 8x8 with light movers.

I just watched a couple of grows on YouTube of a guy using them. His growing skill left a lot to be desired and he always cited some issue or problem throughout his runs with them. Anyway, I think I can work this brand.

707finisher

707finisher

I bought a 300W viparspectra, for supplemental lighting, it is pretty hard on the plants even from 4 feet away, at least the young ones. I put the new to flower plants under the hps and am slowly rotating them under it. The final stages of flowering seem to like it, and certain strains seem to do better under it than other. The uv burns the plants increasing the trichs and color supposedly, I wish I would have bought a 400hps instead

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Mannnn, I wanna thank you guys for the recommendations on LED lighting. I bought a highly rated cheapo led just for veg and I am amazed at the reduction in temps in my room without ventilation yet. I’m still in the first 2 weeks of sprouting some new gear, but I can tell the plants really like the led spectrum. I’m going to run a couple gavita 1700e’s in each flowering room. Thanks again!

Top Bottom