Best Mars Led For A 3x3 Secret Jardin ?

• Thread starter BayWoodz44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BayWoodz44

BayWoodz44

Shootn to start my first grow by x-mas & wanted to ask what the best affordable led option would be for a 3x3 tent - seems the Mars are quite cheap for there wattage ?

BayWoodz44

BayWoodz44

Im trying to save on electric & mostly have better control over heat - im thinking the 900w or the 1200w - thanks for the heads up GL

BayWoodz44

BayWoodz44

Also had a 2x2 T5 8 buld in mind for full crop - seed to flower - ?

Wildill

Wildill

I have grow goin now with a 600 watt marshydro reflector series and I must say it rocks in veg. It will easily cover a 3x3 area but I would go with the 120o watt. Check out my tread.

BayWoodz44

BayWoodz44

1. Thanks WilDill will peep out the show appreciated man -

N

NagnumGauge

I own a mars 2 1200 does great in a 3x3 little big though could do a 4x4 with this light without a problem, but if grapefruit sized buds is what your going for its perfect :) pulled 862g in a 3x3 no co2 in coco last run...

L

LR.448G

I own a mars 2 1200 does great in a 3x3 little big though could do a 4x4 with this light without a problem, but if grapefruit sized buds is what your going for its perfect :) pulled 862g in a 3x3 no co2 in coco last run...

Peace NagnumGauge!
Thats more then impressive in a 3x3 set up. Excellent grow my friend!. Im in the middle of setting up a 3.5' x 3.5' x 7' DIY stealth locker using the same Mars Hydro ll 1200w (replacing 600w hps) as my flowering light and 315w cmh for veg. Ill be runnin the HHT (HygroHybridTheory) DWC method in a 10gl resevoir and monstercropping for a SCROG. Im aiming for 448g + per yeild but dont know what to expect having never used led b4. Reading your post gave me some hope!! Im curious to what your method is and what strain gave such a heavy yeild? Also if youve had any experience with scrogging different strains and if so what strains did the best with what methods?

Thanks in advance!

Peace L.R.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

perfect example of BS Pictures or it never happened anyone can say that

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Good point!

Sad truth is 550 watts unit what are they 5 watt or 6 watt diodes ?? meaning even less efficiency he got 860 dry grams ??? do the GPW then look that the other grow journals and what they got in 3 x 3

L

LR.448G

I bleieve 5 diodes and yea that 1.5+ gpw is hard to believe without pictures. Thanks for your comments! Im new to the forum and will be checking out more threads. Thanks again

Peace L.R.

L

LR.448G

Fuck Mars and other cheap Chinese crap lights. Get yourself a 315W CMH and call it a day.

And that's an advice comming from a LED user!

Peace Toaster79, I apreciate the input. Im stuk on the fence wit this mars led man. Too many mixed posts online 50/50 good n bad. I dont anybody directly that use them and never seen em in action. Its hard ta tell if the ppl biggin them up online are just sales reps... (most likely) Ive decided to run the 315 cmh start ta finish and see how it turns. Im yet to hear anything negative on them and if it produces like a 600 hps Im happy. Ill make a desicion for the led or a higher watt de hps after a few yeilds wit the 315.

Im aiming to get started first week of August. If everything goes ta plan Ill start a new thread n post some pics.

Thanks again for the advice.
Curious to what led your currently using and what system your running wit?

Peace
L.R.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Peace Toaster79, I apreciate the input. Im stuk on the fence wit this mars led man. Too many mixed posts online 50/50 good n bad. I dont anybody directly that use them and never seen em in action. Its hard ta tell if the ppl biggin them up online are just sales reps... (most likely) Ive decided to run the 315 cmh start ta finish and see how it turns. Im yet to hear anything negative on them and if it produces like a 600 hps Im happy. Ill make a desicion for the led or a higher watt de hps after a few yeilds wit the 315.

Im aiming to get started first week of August. If everything goes ta plan Ill start a new thread n post some pics.

Thanks again for the advice.
Curious to what led your currently using and what system your running wit?

Peace
L.R.
Well I'll tell you don't do it it has a 15 month lifespan lol I mean that's how long before problems start. I hope you're good with repairs because you'll be fixing it yourself. I'd look into making your own like me. I just finished a 500w panel that pulls 609w from the wall. it's 20"x36"

SAM 1625

keiksweat

keiksweat

Well I'll tell you don't do it it has a 15 month lifespan lol I mean that's how long before problems start. I hope you're good with repairs because you'll be fixing it yourself. I'd look into making your own like me. I just finished a 500w panel that pulls 609w from the wall. it's 20"x36"

View attachment 621139
haha,rs,that panel is sick bro...shit dude.killed it again.

THCdurk

THCdurk

@Toaster79 how hot does the 315 get? And for any one else that wants to answer around how hot do the 600s get cause I run a 400 watt hps and it's just getting to be too much of a headache in my small space. Gets up to 90. With a a/c going in room and fans in tent

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
@Toaster79 how hot does the 315 get? And for any one else that wants to answer around how hot do the 600s get cause I run a 400 watt hps and it's just getting to be too much of a headache in my small space. Gets up to 90. With a a/c going in room and fans in tent

I run a 400w in a 2x2x5 space. Works great :).
Since it is summer now I'm considering running the mh all through flower since it runs cooler.

Top Bottom