Best meter for me?

• Thread starter VapeIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VapeIt

I need to get a TDS, EC, PPM meter. Please list your favorite for me.

I have a good PH meter already.

What should I look for in a good meter?
EC, TDS, PPM, other things I don't know about yet?

Would this be good for me?
Bluelab Truncheon - @ $100 on eBay.

Thanks for the help.

B

BoCo Buds

Dislike the BLT as there isn't very much resolution in the readings. Though it is nice to thwack someone on the back of the skull... has a little weight to it, not much, but hurts! ;-)

Curb Feeler

Curb Feeler

the meter tips must be stored differently so do not get a 3 in 1 meter, buy each separately. pH meters need much care to remain accurate.

I like the Hanna meters myself.

O

Original Grower

a blue lab trimeter. i love it. temp and ppm are factory set. runs on batteries so its mobile too, peace, og

budboy299

budboy299

I love my truncheon,,,but the probe absolutely must be cleaned every so often. I hadn't cleaned it in 5 months and when I did my readings were showing that I was over ferting by almost .2EC

clean tip with Jif, oxy clean gel, etc. as per the instruction manual

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I like hanna tri pens if you are just starting:movie. I lean away from useing the PH part of the tri pen.

I use ph doers to hold my PH. Clean it ever week & cal ever other week. other wise holds PH for me. AMhydro

Lets talk about prob version, It needs to be clean every mo. or ever week if it sits in the Res 24/7. Most of all have to replace it around one year. Might be :cash80-:cash135 not including the bottles to cal.
Most of all can take 5mins to get an good reading.:indifferent0023:

I personly only like the GH dropers.
Fast, cheap:cash, reliable. :anim_30:
Cons Have to get a new sample.
May Clean the clear cylinder when dirty.
Never Drove me wrong!

I just need a PPM when my tri pen breaks.
I hear blulab is good, That is my next pick for a PPM

Its hard to say what works good. You some times have to get your feet wet and make errors. EX: from not keeping the room Temp at 75F when doing a cal to your pen could make all the readings screw up. Also a lot of pens not taking 5mins to cal on each bottle.:confused0054:

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

an fyi the trenchon doesnt do ph, hanna and bluelab both make good pens but expect to pay if you want them to do it all. you can get a ph checker pen for 40 bucks and a primo tds pen for 20 bucks both by hanna at your local store probally even cheaper on the bay

Top Bottom