Best method for connecting two reservoirs?

• Thread starter Hythloth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hythloth

I'm going to have two 2x4 flood tables setup in this position:

http://i.invalid.com/7R05Q.jpg

And i was thinking about putting a 20 gal reservoir under each one, then linking them together about 1" from their bottoms with some tubing so they act as one reservoir for both tables. Does anyone know the best type of fittings for this to make sure there are no leaks? Does this sound like a good idea or dooes anyone here have a better reservoir setup suggestion?

Thanks.

J

Jalisco Kid

You lose more then you gain doing so. You can learn twice as fast with 2 rezs and have twice the protection. JK
silicon is needed only if you installed it wrong,it covers up many small mistakes

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
jalisco is right brah>>1 reservoir per table:)

gtd:passingjoint:

H

Hythloth

Thanks guys. I'll just get an extra pump and do 1 res per table then.

S

smokestack23

Sorry for the hijack but...can you guys tell me more about the silicone? I'm about to switch to uniseals. I have them here and in about a week I'm switching the first system over to them and larger drains.
I'm installing the uniseals in rectangular tubs (not round). This is the first I've heard about the necessity to use silicone. I guess I should have some at least standing-by?

Thanks in advance.

St3ve

St3ve

You don't have to use silicone. The uniseals are designed to expand to fill the hole to prevent leaks.

HOWEVER.. should you have a less than perfect hole or a large burr or something, a bead of silicone would be a back up. You just get a tube from home depot and put it on with a caulk gun.

I've used it with bulk heads but have not had to use it yet with uniseals. I always have some around though just in case a leak pops up.

G

gudkarma

i was gonna add with two rezzies connected like that you'll have a problem pulling them out for maintenance.

i run 2 @ 3x2 , 1 @ 4x2 , & 1 @ 4x4

a 20 gal rez for a 4x2 is too smal imo & will require frequent tops offs if you have thirsty girls in the tray.

i use a 27 gal rez on my 4x2 which, when the table is full, is just enough.

i use that particular table for weeks 1 to 3 of flower when the plants don't take as much water.

Top Bottom