Best method of grow for beginners

• Thread starter Badgeradventures
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think that promix hp and a one bottle balanced complete nute is the best way to learn how to water, feed and learn how the plant grows and what it needs and doesnt. Simple.

Dyna grow foliage pro, Botanicare pure blend pro grow, general hydroponics Flora nova grow. Even Jacks 20-20-20 and average tap water would be fine. And thars an inexpensive powder nute.

Also a medium power grow light and good ventilation for temp and humidity control are needed at least environment depending.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

WHAT IS THE BEST....?

It comes down to personal preference, and your own unique growing conditions.

i think for the first grow to keep things simple. also, to grow a few, rather than many.

make a decision, get cracking!

it's more WHAT IS MOST SUITABLE for me....

Badgeradventures

Badgeradventures

Here is the specs on Mars sp 250 https://www.mars-hydro.com/buy-mars-sp-200-led-grow-lights-for-for-sale

Here is the specs for king plus 1200 watt.

I bought the king plus first
A local convinced me to send back the kings and get the mars.
I roughly 26 days to return kings
Thought if anyone had experience growing with one or the other or hopeful both.

Was also think about keep the kings
And doing a side by side in different tents .

BigCube

BigCube

I'm with @MIMedGrower

Starting with a nice promix hp and a 1 part nutrient mix would probably be the easiest, most forgiving and reliable.

I think you don't see more DWC issues is because if you're in DWC, you probably already have an advanced enough understanding of growing cannabis.

Just a thought. Not many first timers using DWC. That's my guess anyways. I just pulled it out of my ass, but it "feels" right 🤣

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Soil sucks and is easy to over water, a very common mistake for first time growers. Coco on the other hand is beyond simple and impossible to over water. Other than dealing with the waste water it couldn't be easier.

While I do have a few strains I plan to grow in the ground this season it will probably be my last year of soil growing of any kind. Coco rocks and all I do is mix the nute water and water 2-3 times a day most days due to my work schedule the growth rate exceeds any I've ever grown in soil. And watering every 2-3 hrs if you can is even better.

Pros: Can't over water. You control all nutrients the plant recueves. No guess work, just follow a simple mix schedule. Growth rate is exceptional compared to soil.

Cons: Waste water.

This of course is my opinion from my limited experience but after 50 yrs of growing in soil I can see the difference.

Good luck with whatever method you choose, just be sure to start a grow diary here as there are many who will help!

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Best is subjective. But I started some micro grows just to get the basics down, it was a good start. Just in a fridge box in the garage actually. Didn't ever do great with bagged soil, but soil+coco, or just coco+perlite are pretty easy to manage. DWC(actual hydro buckets) can be tricky but it's pretty rewarding when you get to know your strains and give them that perfect nute life. Didn't really get good at that until a few years of practice honestly.

You'll get small harvests with micro plants 1-2ft, but you learn a lot and then can scale up. Then your initial investment can just be some can-fans, a container and a decent light. Led or CFL to start is fine, you'll get better and bigger lights when you won't just waste power on a HID that might not justify your first harvests. I did great with the big cfls for a bit, once I wasn't having issues I moved up to hps.(their much more powerful and make better nugs, also they can burn your shit up pretty quick if theres a water timer error or a fan that isn't on when it should be)

Good luck, you can't do it wrong. You can just get better every harvest

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Also before you get invested in your nute line do a little research. I have a pile of nutes I'm trying to use up and wish that I knew about powdered nutes when I started. Much more economical once you're running constantly. And really haven't noticed any issues after using some pretty pricey lines.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Soil sucks and is easy to over water, a very common mistake for first time growers. Coco on the other hand is beyond simple and impossible to over water. Other than dealing with the waste water it couldn't be easier.

While I do have a few strains I plan to grow in the ground this season it will probably be my last year of soil growing of any kind. Coco rocks and all I do is mix the nute water and water 2-3 times a day most days due to my work schedule the growth rate exceeds any I've ever grown in soil. And watering every 2-3 hrs if you can is even better.

Pros: Can't over water. You control all nutrients the plant recueves. No guess work, just follow a simple mix schedule. Growth rate is exceptional compared to soil.

Cons: Waste water.

This of course is my opinion from my limited experience but after 50 yrs of growing in soil I can see the difference.

Good luck with whatever method you choose, just be sure to start a grow diary here as there are many who will help!
I was waiting for you! 🤣😂🤣😂(^he hates soil)

I learned to grow in Hydro on my own before the internet; I killed dozens and dozens of plants, even whole gardens

Personal preferences aside I recommend starting in soil for simplicity and ease, and then you can adjust from there! But whatever you choose best of luck!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think that promix hp and a one bottle balanced complete nute is the best way to learn how to water, feed and learn how the plant grows and what it needs and doesnt. Simple.

Dyna grow foliage pro, Botanicare pure blend pro grow, general hydroponics Flora nova grow. Even Jacks 20-20-20 and average tap water would be fine. And thars an inexpensive powder nute.

Also a medium power grow light and good ventilation for temp and humidity control are needed at least environment depending.
I agree with the Promix. I have used it for decades and have never had any issues with it at all, although I tend to go easier on the nutes than some. It is my opinion that the massive amounts of nutes some use, or are recommended by the manufacterers, is responsible for 90% of all problems new growers tend to face. Promix drains very well and doesn't have any nutrients pre-loaded, so you can control exactly what goes into your kids. Make sure to get the baled Promix and not the bagged general purpose soil (as I thin it has nutes included and is much more expensive). I mix about 15-20% compost/manure mix into the Promix for micro and macro nutrients, a handfull of wood ashes, and a few shakes of sustained release general fertilizer. The only thing I need to do is water and feed every 12-15 days with Jack's 20-20-20 (I use the blooming fertilizer during flowering). Unless your water is damn near toxic, tap water should provide most of the minerals that you need (and the wood ashes will provide the rest). When you start messing with the Ph and add to many nutrients, it's too easy for things to go south and create lockouts and their related malady's..

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Each medium has pros and cons....The easiest is most likely soil though. Water once a week and feed once a week. Less Ph to worry about. Less everything to worry about
cheaper to start

Coco: youll have to water and feed daily. Still cheaper then DWC. Ph will be needed

DWC: Fastest growing plants. Higher set up cost. Ph involved. Little more advanced then the other mediums.

BigCube

BigCube

Also before you get invested in your nute line do a little research. I have a pile of nutes I'm trying to use up and wish that I knew about powdered nutes when I started. Much more economical once you're running constantly. And really haven't noticed any issues after using some pretty pricey lines.

I found powdered nutes settle down in reservoirs. But I havent tried to DWC with powdered nutes in like 10 years, I'm sure they make good ones now. Any suggestions?

Grow20

Grow20

Am new to
I have put my germinated seed into root root cubes under cfl
Do I put them straight in my bubbler as soon as first leave come up with drip ring on constant feed

Top Bottom