Best micron size for BHO

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

So ive done a few runs all with heat purging. I finally got my vacuum chamber and pump so im ready to start making some good product. the last few runs i just used coffee filters. my newest blasting tube came with a stainless steel 50 micron screen, i also have a 120 micron silk screen. What micron do you find best for making bho? Thanks

gumby420

gumby420

am I stoned or are you saying the 50 would let stuff through? I think the 50 would be better than the 120 silk. Steel is measured in lpi and micron but 50 is really tiny.

i believe he is saying the 50 will let plant matter through, do you not believe this to be the case?

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

I use two coffee filters under the screen. They are around 20/25 microns.
From personal experience, everytime I have used 2-3 unbleached coffee filters it blows out on me. But the fourth one seems to be a charm lol

Bootleg

Bootleg

I'm not too bright but... isn't a micron, a micron? The smaller the number, the finer the opening in the screen, or tighter the mesh is. So, a 50 micron screen will stop finer, smaller particles than a 120 micron.

R

rodaroad

lol at everyone putting bigger microns outside smaller ones... thats a waste and have you ever made bubble? bigger ones first lower ones lower.

mainebound

mainebound

Actually the higher the count the smaller the opening, hence 120 is smaller than 70 and 220 smaller tan 110 . That's the way it works. When in doubt do some reference Wikipedia and there are also charts available on line or at your local fabric store or art supply place.

mainebound

mainebound

Better do some more reading then
Yes I guess I have it vackasswards sorry not quite awake ,and seeing as how I myself use the 10x over the 20x well there you have it another stoned half awake hippie spreading disinformation, I apologize profusely. :sleep::mad:

mainebound

mainebound

I would blame my deslexia but nope I think the fresh g13haze I am sampling had a hand....lol I always have issues with equations such as those...hmmmm

Top Bottom