Best mini-split for 3K/6K

• Thread starter dedust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dedust

Happy Holidays!

I would appreciate if I can get some advice from some knowledgeable folks. What would be the best mini-split for a 1440 cubic feet room using 3K HPS first, then 6K later?

I was thinking about a dual zone 9+9 or a single 25K BTU. Also, which brands would you guys recommend? I was thinking Fujitsu, Sanyo, or Mitsu. Mr. Slim. Something reliable and durable...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Happy Holidays!

I would appreciate if I can get some advice from some knowledgeable folks. What would be the best mini-split for a 1440 cubic feet room using 3K HPS first, then 6K later?

I was thinking about a dual zone 9+9 or a single 25K BTU. Also, which brands would you guys recommend? I was thinking Fujitsu, Sanyo, or Mitsu. Mr. Slim. Something reliable and durable...

All those brands are good. IMO Fujitsu is the best for the price. I am a HVAC pro. Make sure you get inverter type unit so it will match heat load in your room. IMO 18k should be enough for 6k of air cooled lights in a well sealed and insulated room. If not air cooling then go 24k.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

luv'in my Fujitsu Halcyon 36clx 's. an engineer at Amcor said to me, Fujitsu still makes the parts for their mini-splits where other brands source parts from different companies all over.

the rrock

the rrock

you cant go wrong with mr slim.ive installed close to 50 of that brand with not one callback, cant say the same for other brands listed

D

dedust

All those brands are good. IMO Fujitsu is the best for the price. I am a HVAC pro. Make sure you get inverter type unit so it will match heat load in your room. IMO 18k should be enough for 6k of air cooled lights in a well sealed and insulated room. If not air cooling then go 24k.

Hey CannabisJohn. Thanks for your input. I've seen your posts on here and you seem super knowledgeable and helpful. Would you prefer the Fujitsus over Mr. Slim? I keep hearing good things about the Mitsubishis. Also, I have a friend whose LG mini split just crapped out on him...and it's only been in use for like 4 months! I know he had humidity probs for a bit. Is that why?

I keep hearing Mistubishi and Fujitsus. So I'm pretty much set on either of these brands. It seems that these are the two most reliable. Now, which one? Haha...

S

SoCaler

I've been looking into mini splits for a few months trying figure out which is going to be best for my 8X8 tent with 3K watts 2 air cooled 1 not, in my garage that can get very warm.
I need something quiet for my neighbors, and a good seer rating would be nice.
I want more cooling power than I need, 24,000Btu should fit the bill.
So I think it's going to be a Fujitsu 24CL Halcyon 24,200Btu.
It's the quietest I can find and has a 18 Seer rating.
It's power consumption adjusts to the demand, a very good feature.

:sweating

D

dedust

I've been looking into mini splits for a few months trying figure out which is going to be best for my 8X8 tent with 3K watts 2 air cooled 1 not, in my garage that can get very warm.
I need something quiet for my neighbors, and a good seer rating would be nice.
I want more cooling power than I need, 24,000Btu should fit the bill.
So I think it's going to be a Fujitsu 24CL Halcyon 24,200Btu.
It's the quietest I can find and has a 18 Seer rating.
It's power consumption adjusts to the demand, a very good feature.

:sweating

Thanks SoCaler. Being that CannabisJohn, who seems super knowledgeable about hvac, recommends Fujitsu, I think that's a good way to roll.

Also, where to you install a mini-split in a tent?

Top Bottom