Best mini split for 4k watts?

• Thread starter Herban Legend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Herban Legend

I need to find a good source for a quality mini split a/c for a 4k watt room. Should note that I have a dehumidifier and also have a co2 burner.

Thanks in advance for any help

E

evlme2

Losta choices as far as online dealers go.
I've dealt with goductless.com They have some of the best prices out there for top of line brands like Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Lg, etc.
Are you looking to spend money on a high end unit or will a generic brand do ya? Remember, you get what you pay for...
Invincible-electronics.com carries Friedrichs for a good price as well as cheaper units that are a good bargain.
Do you need heat as well or just cooling?
Are you lights air cooled?
Are you going to do the install yourself?

H

Herban Legend

Are you going to do the install yourself?[/QUOTE]

I do use some heat, im in Michigan, the lights are not air cooled, I have blockbuster hoods.

I can do some of the install but I do have access to a HVAC guy that can come finish it up.

I prefer to buy something decent that will last, I know you do get what you pay for.

Another thing that might effect what I get, is the climate here, my window a/c will not work when its cold outside so I need a minisplit that can handle this kind of climate.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Don't buy Fujistu online because per Fujistu the warranty is null and void if bought online. Just a friendly heads up from a HVAC tech.

E

evlme2

Are you going to do the install yourself?

I do use some heat, im in Michigan, the lights are not air cooled, I have blockbuster hoods.

I can do some of the install but I do have access to a HVAC guy that can come finish it up.

I prefer to buy something decent that will last, I know you do get what you pay for.

Another thing that might effect what I get, is the climate here, my window a/c will not work when its cold outside so I need a minisplit that can handle this kind of climate.[/QUOTE]

If a quality piece of equipment is what you want then it does not get any better than a Mitsubishi Mr.Slim. Lg would be my second choice. CJ is 100% correct in that Fujitsu will not honor the warranty on any units bought online. But certain online dealers carry parts and will warranty them (goductless is one of them.)
Anyway, whatever brand you choose make sure it has "low ambient cooling and Heating". Those models will cool and heat when it's down to the teens (or lower, depending on brand/model/etc) outside.
Thats cool that you have an hvac guy, you're set then.
If you cooled your hoods then you can get away with a smaller unit. Depending on your room size, 4k uncooled, I would get something near 18k btu.
Mini splits freakin rock, you'll be a happy mofo and so will your plants:)

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I have a 24k btu Friedrich cooling 4k dual arcs. I love it. Best piece of grow equip that I have by far.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Losta choices as far as online dealers go.
I've dealt with goductless.com They have some of the best prices out there for top of line brands like Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Lg, etc.

Invincible-electronics.com

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. OWNED BY FED'S. DO A SEARCH ON HERE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. I just do not want to hear about someone getting busted by these fuckers. Seems like IE.com needs there ball sack curbed stomped.

Top Bottom