Best new 5x5 grow light for 2023

• Thread starter huttyhawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

huttyhawk

What do you all think the best new grow light for 5x5 for 2023 based on the following criteria:
1. Heat management (I’m thinking detachable drivers and bar design no quantum boards)
2. Best new leds (does red + far ref + Uv produce stronger yields?
3. Will not be utilizing Co2 so really do not need the strongest light 1000W+ light.

The lights I’m considering are
1. *NEW* MINT WHITE SERIES: 8 BAR, 880W, MAMMOTH LIGHTING LED GROW LIGHT ( possibly running at only 75%)
2. Lower watt version NEW* MINT WHITE SERIES: 6 BAR, 680W, MAMMOTH LIGHTING LED GROW LIGHT
3. Medic Grow Spectrum X LED Grow Light - 880 Watts
4. Big spring sale on Gavita Pro 1700e 645 Watt LED Grow Light but the leds and tech are several generations old and require $200 controller. No Wi-Fi
5. Photontek X 600W Pro LED Grow Light. Not on as big of sale like the Gavita 1700leds and tech are old.

What say you?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What do you all think the best new grow light for 5x5 for 2023 based on the following criteria:
1. Heat management (I’m thinking detachable drivers and bar design no quantum boards)
2. Best new leds (does red + far ref + Uv produce stronger yields?
3. Will not be utilizing Co2 so really do not need the strongest light 1000W+ light.

The lights I’m considering are
1. *NEW* MINT WHITE SERIES: 8 BAR, 880W, MAMMOTH LIGHTING LED GROW LIGHT ( possibly running at only 75%)
2. Lower watt version NEW* MINT WHITE SERIES: 6 BAR, 680W, MAMMOTH LIGHTING LED GROW LIGHT
3. Medic Grow Spectrum X LED Grow Light - 880 Watts
4. Big spring sale on Gavita Pro 1700e 645 Watt LED Grow Light but the leds and tech are several generations old and require $200 controller. No Wi-Fi
5. Photontek X 600W Pro LED Grow Light. Not on as big of sale like the Gavita 1700leds and tech are old.

What say you?
Hold off buying a light until 420, last year they had some good sales on, like 50% off some lights and bogo on some of the seed sites....

.I've 2 - SE3000 in a 5x5 and they are a bit short on covering the whole tent. I'm using the front 1ft for fan's, heater & humidifier Spider Farmer has some nice lights at a good price.....I just got another G3000 from them for my 3x3

R

rangabud

Hold off buying a light until 420, last year they had some good sales on, like 50% off some lights and bogo on some of the seed sites....

.I've 2 - SE3000 in a 5x5 and they are a bit short on covering the whole tent. I'm using the front 1ft for fan's, heater & humidifier Spider Farmer has some nice lights at a good price.....I just got another G3000 from them for my 3x3
Great idea to wait till 420 will definitely be some good sales on.

Can I ask why you went for 2 x se3000s? I have a se7000 and that would cover your 5x5 perfectly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Great idea to wait till 420 will definitely be some good sales on.

Can I ask why you went for 2 x se3000s? I have a se7000 and that would cover your 5x5 perfectly.
1 at a time, I used 1 in my 3x3 and I then got a 5x5 tent so I got another se3000 then added another for my 3x3 that was empty....I also have an SF600 up front for a bit more coverage...it seems to help quite a bit on the outer edge
1680465656298-png.1347068

S

saddlesores

"@saddlesores your lights getting old lol."

May is 3 years with them............ I'll replace them when yield starts to dwindle, which it hasn't. Key is, Gavita puts so many diodes in them, the driver doesn't have to push them hard so they last longer. I fully expect to get 4+ years out of them, maybe more. With legal recreational pot sales coming to Md in 2024, I'm not sure yield will be a priority anymore anyway. Don't be surprised if Gavita comes out with something new in the next year or so too.......... but again, I've been nothing but happy with them from day 1.

Actually, I see they've already come out with a new LED, the 2400. The ones I have, which I paid almost $1300 a piece for, can now be had for $740 or so........LOL At that price, I'd probably buy them again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom