Best Non-Organic Nutes?

• Thread starter medicalgrowman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I am growing an Aurora Indica Plant in a DWC bucket with an airstone & top drip.
I had been using "GH Flora Nova Bloom" for both veg & flower as recommended by some on this and other forums.
I like the simplicity of using just the one Nute, rather than multiple bottles of various nutes.
Unfortunately I got lots of brown algae within a short amount of time.
I tried "DmZone", but it didn't work for the brown algae.
After further research, I finally got rid of the brown algae with "Physan 20".
I was told by the guy at the Hydro Store that non-organic nutes are less likely
to develop brown algae in your hydro solution than organic nutes such as "Flora Nova Bloom".
I'm sure there are advantages to using organics, but if what the hydro guy said
is true that organics are more susceptible to causing brown algae,
then for me the cons of organics outweigh the pros of organics.
With that said, what Non-Organic hydroponic Nutes do you recommend?
Thanx!

S

smokestack23

Wow..that question and a lot of those statements are a matter of preference or subjects for heated debate.

Any quality nutrient line should work great. You know..Canna, Dutch Master, GH, AN, House and Garden....

I don't know that the comment saying organics are more susceptible to BA or other root pathogens is necessarily true You just have to ..or should run beneficial bacteria and fungi.
With non organic nutes you should also run products to prevent root problems..like Zone, SM90...

The reason he said organics is worse is PROBABLY just because in an organic nute solution everything is living and breaking down. There are sugars in there and all kinds of other stuff that root nasties like to eat. BUT..that stuff feeds the benes and if all else is good (temps, no light, air...), the benes will keep the nasties at bay.
Kinda 6 of one and half a dozen of the other..or ford and chevy.

Personally I use non organic and sterile (dead) systems but I could still get brown algae and more.

I just don't think even the WORDS hydroponic and organic should go together. I think it's silly to run organics in hydro systems. That's just me though.

And you mentioned "the pros of growing organic". I don't really see any. Again...that's just my opinion. I guess it could be better for the environment but if you're dumping half used nutes down the drain it doesnt make a whole lot of difference if they're organic or non.

I've seen TONS of blind taste/smell tests of organic vs non-organic produce and meat...and even the most tree hugging vegan can't tell the difference between an organic or non-organic strawberry or apple.

Plants use elements. They don't actually EAT bone meal or worm castings or molasses or granola or low fat soy milk lol...
All that stuff first has to be broken down by critters and enzymes and stuff and made into the "non-organic" elements the plant can use.
The plant doesnt seem to give a shit if the nitrogen it's using comes from a bat cave in central america or a chemical plant (no pun intended).

Now, if I'm gonna be growing outdoors I prefer to use some organic along with sometimes some time release non-organic ferts. Not because I'm full of peace and love or that I think it'll make my budz tastier but because it's easier.
FOR ME at least.

Everything I just said is my opinion only and is just the way I see the subject in my messed-up mind. I'm not a chemist or trained horticulturist but I HAVE seen a lot of those taste tests though. I was kinda shocked.

YMMV, IMHO. AFAIK

PEACE.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats wrong with the Flora Nova grow and bloom????
thats not organic bro, but super concentrated liquid nutrient<>>GH 3 part in one:) sorta

gtd

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

it's organic

Whats wrong with the Flora Nova grow and bloom????
thats not organic bro, but super concentrated liquid nutrient<>>GH 3 part in one:) sorta

gtd

There's nothing wrong with if you don't have brown algae issues.
Unfortunately, I do. And yes, it IS Organic according to Genral HydroPonics.
"Flora Nova is the breakthrough gardeners have been waiting for: an exceptionally potent, complete one-part fertilizer plus organic additives."

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I do believe its chemical:)just cause there is organic ADDITIVES dont make it organic, anywho I dont use the shit>>I use gh 3 part at a customized ratio<<
>>I dont think the flora nova is causing your brown algae, its something else... How often are you changing the nutrient solution in them dwc buckets? what are the temps in the buckets?

gtd:passingjoint:

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I do believe its chemical:)just cause there is organic ADDITIVES dont make it organic, anywho I dont use the shit>>I use gh 3 part at a customized ratio<<
>>I dont think the flora nova is causing your brown algae, its something else... How often are you changing the nutrient solution in them dwc buckets? what are the temps in the buckets?

gtd:passingjoint:

I stand corrected.
I change the water every week.
My Water Temps are on the high-side, typically between 70-75F.
I'm sure that has alot to do with it! I use icepacks, but they melt
pretty quick. Tent Temps are high also, at about 90F.
I plan to switch over to a camping cooler to help keep water temps
under control. I also plan to get an air cooled light hood as soon as I
can.

Top Bottom