"Best Nutes" thread

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I tried to run a search but couldn't find it. I'm looking to change my nutes again and was curious as to what ppl are having the greatest happiness with in their UC's. I just finished my second run with Jungle Juice and I'm not feeling it. Thinking about trying Ionic or CNS17 maybe..

whachoo guys happy with these days?:D

C

crossouttheiis

I had a lot of def. running ionic grow. I added epsom and a few other things, but could never get the plants looking really healthy. My buddy was running CNS17, although he switched out because of drastic ph fluctuation. For the start of veg. try out dynagro bloom with cal mag or epsom salt. It works well and is simple and effective. My water is clear after mixing these nutes and you can tell right away when you are starting to get some funk. Trust me I have tried a shit ton of different products and I wish I would have kept it simple like DS has been doing. That or if you look around Dutch Master A and B is pretty steady from some great farmers here.

I honestly think what it really comes down to is how you like to manage your system. Everyone is different ya know.

St3ve

St3ve

I agree about managing the system.. but I haven't changed anything when I switched from GH to jungle juice so after two runs I can tell you that it IS the nutes. I've had 4 nice runs with GH in this system so I have a good amount to compare too.

I've not tried Dynagro in this system so I may give that a shot. Thanks for the info

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I am in the begining of my first UC grow but I did allot of research and looked at serveal people's grows ranging from wow, that is the bomb to OMG dude, where did you learn to grow. The most popular nutes turned out to be DM a and B with calmag or house and garden.

I'm using DM veg right now with some calmag and a couple splashes of jungle juice (b/c it was free and low ppms) I am getting a little mg deficiency right now on two plants but I am driving them hard with full co2, 85 degree temps, and cold water (65). So it may be a little ahrd for the roots they have which can cause mg def.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I've ran DM, H&G, AN and now CS. I liked DM and AN over House, I know ill hear shit but I said it I like AN. This run with CS has been very smooth and I honestly think I like the best. Only one problem, I used almost double the amount of nutes this run compared to AN. It seems not so concentrated which I think is great for most. I just like to watch and push my girls so I'm not worried when it comes to my nutes. I used 4 gal of Bloom A&B this run. I'm gonna do a side by side with only the base nutes being the diff. next run... I am gonna run AN, cause everyone hates it and I have a lot left still and another line. I'm up for suggestions... I'm up for running the winner up against another nute the following run. Whatchya wanna see St3ve, since you started this.. haha .

St3ve

St3ve

Yea I've been curious about thos CS nutes as well but at this point I cannot get them around here. I know Budgoggles also used DM for a year but he went away from it but I can't remember what he's into these days as well. Looks like you've tried a few of the more popular ones there All4freedumb.. have you tried Dynagro or Ionic? Those were two names that I thought I saw popping up more and more in UC's.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Shit Im back on the DM good shit I just got pissed off turned out to be user error hahaha
Ive ran floranova and triflex as well and I tell ya there all really good everyone yielded good and made some frosty danky ass meds
Next run Im gonna do a side by side DM gold and zone vs DM gold, zone, add .27 and potas+ see what happens

Pick a good stable nute and stick with it which all three I mentioned are very stable
Good luck

Z

ZombieSlave

DM recommends using full strength silica, does anyone else? I have the entire line of DM Gals of it, but I cant figure out how to use it right with the UC.. anyone care to throw me a bone? I emailed DM i didnt like what they sent back to me as a response. and I ended up switching to Heavy16 for this run so far the heavy line as been stellar.. and Bryce has been awesome.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I seem to recall some folks having issue with the use of Silica products in UC. Maybe look into that again. I also recall at least one guy (DessertRodent) who blows it the fuck up- From memory here - with Dyna- Protekt silica.

I can't get the silica product I have on hand to stay in solution- it precipitates and falls to bottom of bucket.

PB

Z

ZombieSlave

and DM silica got over everyththing i noticed and not in a good way. Heavy16 fire. does not do this.

S

sourkush91

I have used house and garden and in the uc and loved it... it was super stable for me and had great results for about a year... Just recently switched to canna and it is even more stable than house and garden i havnt touched my ph in the last 8 days and all the fluctuation i have had is from 6.0 to 5.9... So far loving canna... cant speak for much more

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I seem to recall some folks having issue with the use of Silica products in UC. Maybe look into that again. I also recall at least one guy (DessertRodent) who blows it the fuck up- From memory here - with Dyna- Protekt silica.

I can't get the silica product I have on hand to stay in solution- it precipitates and falls to bottom of bucket.

PB
I'll vouch for dynagro, especially the protekt. Great rock solid ph stability. I've been told if you see precipitate, you may want to dilute the silica before you add it to solution. If the precipitate is white flakes, strain your bottle, as that is not going to dissolve. Oh, and ALWAYS add protekt first. I'm not sure about the mixing order with cal mag, though. If you insist on using bloom boosters, I insist on not using dynagro. It has all the essentials and macros, but bloom boosters repeat these ratios in awkward ways, causing nutrient lockout.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Any line can achieve the proper profile with the right manipulation.

There are minimal (though some) differences as to the quality of ingredients used but for the most part they are all the same.

Basicly it all comes down to the cheapest way to active the profile you desire.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

interestingly i noticed they are putting 0-50-30 in gatorade now....

maybe thats the best booster for your buck?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I remember the nutes thread, and several people, myself included, decided to go with Jacks Professional hydroponic fertilizer, a dry powder you mix by weight. You run this alongside a basic nutrient salt, calcium nitrate. It's also stunningly cheap; to do a full changeout in a 100 gallon RDWC costs about 81 cents worth of Jacks, 40 cents of calcium nitrate and 15 cents of epsom salts.

Capulator is killin' it with this brand and there are others out there too.

I can report on my recent walk on the lean side; I screwed up my calculations and ran it at a third to half strength for a run- and still got usable meds! This run, with better info, things are looking amazing already.

Z

ZombieSlave

I'll vouch for dynagro, especially the protekt. Great rock solid ph stability. I've been told if you see precipitate, you may want to dilute the silica before you add it to solution. If the precipitate is white flakes, strain your bottle, as that is not going to dissolve. Oh, and ALWAYS add protekt first. I'm not sure about the mixing order with cal mag, though. If you insist on using bloom boosters, I insist on not using dynagro. It has all the essentials and macros, but bloom boosters repeat these ratios in awkward ways, causing nutrient lockout.
oh I follow you, Ill get right on that thank you sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom