Best odor mitigation technique

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

So, my plants are approaching 6 weeks into flower. All is well as this is my first grow and have had virtually no problems. I can now tell that unless I do something completely stupid I am going to get a successful harvest. However, and I knew this day was coming, my house is suddenly permeated with the pungent smell of my crop. I love it, but my wife says NO!

Now I am checking out my options on how to mitigate the problem. So far the best solution I have come up with is a ozone (negative ion) generator. I have heard good and bad about this product. I have also heard you shouldn't locate the generator near your grow area? Really, why?

My grow set up is located next to my heat/ac unit which distributes the odor throughout the entire house. Any suggestions?

sky high

sky high

I remember those days. Pre-carbon filter/etc. I bought one of those "Aspen-Aire" hang up model negative ion gens from the hydro store and took it back the next day because the whole house still just smelled TOO GOOD. LOL.

My advice...FWIW...Get a fan and a carbon filter. Ozone will make you sick if you breathe it.

Pretty sure that if you put one in yer grow it will kill the smell of yer weed.

you'll need to move the air out of the space anyway.... so IMO, the fan/filter combo is yer best (safest) option.

good luck

s h

B

burnedout

Yep, get yourself a good carbon filter and fan and you'll be all set.

putembk

putembk

I have a 6" carbon filter inside the tent which works well. I vent it directly outside and while the fans are on there is no smell. I run them 12 hours straight while the lights are on and 30 min on and 30 min off during dark. There is still some signs of what is going on downstairs in the living room up stairs at times. Also, what about drying, they will be outside the tent hanging upside down, what about odor now? I guess I could run the filter 24 hr/day. That's not what I want to do, but it's an option.

Top Bottom