best option for growing mothers

• Thread starter hondapower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hondapower420

hey farmers i had to take about 8 months off from growing but im back at er bigger and hopefully better than ever.. i just ordered 2 "G13" seeds from Dr Greenthumb(http://drgreenthumb.com/cannabis_seeds_GreenthumbSeedsEntrance.htm) for my mothers and im not sure what the best way to go about growing them out is and i will als be using 4 mothers eventually... i have a 8 light setup and will be vegging my moms in a 4x4x6.5 tent with a 1000 watt mh. i have 4 different rooms with 2 ligths per and am running a top feed 4x8 table system, ill be needing 36 clones every 2 weeks. I have always used coco in 25 gallon pots for my moms before but am thinking i would like to try something different this time. whats everyone else doing with there moms aero? dwc? whats the best, easy to maintain 4 plant set ups out there that produce nice healthy clones quick? no dirt please

P

PurpleSticky

I use coco for my mothers. I've used hydroponic before, but I hate keeping up with it. With coco, I can ignore my plants for a few days.

You could always do coco with either a recirc system or use Blu-mats.

I personally think coco is the easiest to maintain.

reeldrag

reeldrag

for mothers use big smart pots it stops them from becoming root bowned also coco or a good soil are fine I prefer soil for my mothers because it is easy to amend on the fly but ether is a good choice also you only need a t-5 fixture for your moms but smart pots will save you allot of headache

Unit541

Unit541

I keep my moms in plastic 5" square pots in Maidenwell Diatomite. Recirc, top feed. They live under a 6-tube T-5. Only when I'm getting them ready to clone are all six tubes on. In general, only two tubes are lit.

For me at least, the idea with mothers is to keep them from growing as much as possible. I keep my moms for years, so I would never dream of putting them under a thouie. They're Moms. You don't want them growing at all except a boost before cloning.

The moms in the photo below are almost 3 years old. Notice all the new growth up top, clones were taken right after this picture. You can see where to top of the canopy normally is.
DSCN2858

5" pot is permanent.
DSCN2870

Top Bottom