Best Organic Fertiliser for soil grow

• Thread starter GnarlyC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Hi peeps,

I have some large girls that are fading from the bottom up. They are all in various stages of bloom phase most only week 1-2. What is the best organic all round fertiliser for bloom cycle? I use worm juice but they appear to need more nutes.

I have used expensive organic liquid fertilisers and cheap alternatives but find it very hard to find the right dose. Would prefer a slow release low maintenance option to feed these girls.they are outdoor organic plants. Northern Lights, Hollands Hope and Strawberry Cough.
Any help or guidance appreciated.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

how are you mixing you nutrients? how about a pic of full plant first,then we can tell better what you need

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

In a watering can. These ones are outdoor. Also using worm juice weekly but never enough to go around. I’ll take some pics tomorrow as it’s getting dark here.

zzzybil

zzzybil

$10 50 lb BAG OF FEED STORE crushed oyster shells - half to the chickens , half in the rain barrel............... ( justa noob but my guess that milky water when stirred is chock fulla calcium and micro whatever ) one of these days i'll figure out the ppm etc - spring is comming

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Left two are Northern Lights, next two are Hollands Hope and Strawberry Cough on far right. Scrog are clones of these three

08EC4214 76D6 4B45 B275 6EB40EDF7BFD
FD1D76E9 57F4 4040 95D7 5BA549EA1691
266F21F0 4B48 4004 85A6 A94DE9EF7A4C
B1EE9F39 5B10 498A 8E0E 7575F281A15F
FFF1750F F3D2 4E89 A724 AC642C329833
F05F7036 BE49 4916 B8F3 053D14637575
0F9233FC 0A9E 4BE4 B617 6E2267A7DD3C
0A2B2271 4858 4FD6 BF60 B28DA3D58259
91EECAAB A8E2 45EB B9A5 2A6F13E621AA
GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Also, I have never seen a plan develop like the strawberry cough lowest branch has almost mature buds but upper branches still very immature...any idea what causes this?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi peeps,

I have some large girls that are fading from the bottom up. They are all in various stages of bloom phase most only week 1-2. What is the best organic all round fertiliser for bloom cycle? I use worm juice but they appear to need more nutes.

I have used expensive organic liquid fertilisers and cheap alternatives but find it very hard to find the right dose. Would prefer a slow release low maintenance option to feed these girls.they are outdoor organic plants. Northern Lights, Hollands Hope and Strawberry Cough.
Any help or guidance appreciated.
id say your best option would be buy a 33 gal trash can,a good commercial air pump,and make tea once a week to feed them and if they need water in between so be it water,but feed once week
this is what i do indoors but would still apply outdoors
fungal tea one week
next week bacterial tea
next week humbolt secrets 2 part organic nutes
repeat,like i said in between i just water,just something to think about,with those plants right there id say you need to be feeding them right about 1000ppm,i believe that do them good,even outdoors you can control what goes in to some point,if the rain and heat aint braking down your plants feed them by the hannah scale,but with tea i dont think you could go wrong,when you make tea you are making concentrate also so you will dilute your tea to satify your plant needs at the stage of growth they are,so some what control outside hahahah

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Plan=plant
id say your best option would be buy a 33 gal trash can,a good commercial air pump,and make tea once a week to feed them and if they need water in between so be it water,but feed once week
this is what i do indoors but would still apply outdoors
fungal tea one week
next week bacterial tea
next week humbolt secrets 2 part organic nutes
repeat,like i said in between i just water,just something to think about,with those plants right there id say you need to be feeding them right about 1000ppm,i believe that do them good,even outdoors you can control what goes in to some point,if the rain and heat aint braking down your plants feed them by the hannah scale,but with tea i dont think you could go wrong,when you make tea you are making concentrate also so you will dilute your tea to satify your plant needs at the stage of growth they are,so some what control outside hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

fungal tea
2 pounds fungal compost,meaning manures and your basic compost,even compost from your yards
3-4 tbsp humic acid
2 tbsp yucca extract
4 tsp dry kelp or 2tbsp liquid kelp
4-5 tsp of fish hydrolysate<<<<this is not same as emulsions

bacterail tea
1.5 lbs bacterial compost or vermicompost,more humus i nit the better,your looking for a live compost in other words,the difrence from fungal is it is mainly greens and manures,the bacterail is shooting for more forest type huimus
3-4 tbsp black strap molases
2 tbsp liquid kelp or 4tsp of dry kelp
3-4 tsp of fish EMULSIONS

both these recipe are for 10 gal of water,i usally go 24 to 36 hours bubbling,i dont have a microscope
when it is done you can put your ppm meter in it to see how much you need to dilute it for what stage your plants are at,dilute and feed

i feed fungal once week and water if needed during week,
bacterail the next week same water during week
next weekend i feed humbolt secret nutreints what ever you usally feed works the same,so shift um up feed the teas once a week and let your soil work for you instead of feeding the plant,let the plant take from the soil instead
hope this helps ,im liking it,mainly cause the tea is a lot cheaper to make than buying expensive nutrients and the tea does a better job in my opinion,my plants are 5 weeks in flower and i still dont have a tip burn,thats a big acomplisment for me hahahah
good luck hope this helps,all the products can be obtained locally even over seas i believe

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

fungal tea
2 pounds fungal compost,meaning manures and your basic compost,even compost from your yards
3-4 tbsp humic acid
2 tbsp yucca extract
4 tsp dry kelp or 2tbsp liquid kelp
4-5 tsp of fish hydrolysate<<<<this is not same as emulsions

bacterail tea
1.5 lbs bacterial compost or vermicompost,more humus i nit the better,your looking for a live compost in other words,the difrence from fungal is it is mainly greens and manures,the bacterail is shooting for more forest type huimus
3-4 tbsp black strap molases
2 tbsp liquid kelp or 4tsp of dry kelp
3-4 tsp of fish EMULSIONS

both these recipe are for 10 gal of water,i usally go 24 to 36 hours bubbling,i dont have a microscope
when it is done you can put your ppm meter in it to see how much you need to dilute it for what stage your plants are at,dilute and feed

i feed fungal once week and water if needed during week,
bacterail the next week same water during week
next weekend i feed humbolt secret nutreints what ever you usally feed works the same,so shift um up feed the teas once a week and let your soil work for you instead of feeding the plant,let the plant take from the soil instead
hope this helps ,im liking it,mainly cause the tea is a lot cheaper to make than buying expensive nutrients and the tea does a better job in my opinion,my plants are 5 weeks in flower and i still dont have a tip burn,thats a big acomplisment for me hahahah
good luck hope this helps,all the products can be obtained locally even over seas i believe
Thanks for your input. Will definitely try this. Are those ingredients for fungal tea easy to come by?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I always used amendments with biostimulant properties- kelp (auxins/cytokinins), alfalfa (tricontanol), insect frass (chitin). I like the NPK of neem, which also has azadiractin. Neem is a complete fertilizer with a little gypsum boost.

If you wanted a pre-mix that's good for super soil, top/side dress or tea, Roots Organics has Uprising and Terp tea, which is pretty decent for the money.

dollardos

dollardos

mancorn

mancorn

Best too avoid manure in your tea and just use a good compost. Vermicasting is a good substitute, and you can use bat guano or rabbit poop. But other manures are asking for pathogen problems (especially if you're new to brewing).

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Here are some plans and a video 👇👇 Enjoy

This looks dope...going to build one this weekend. I have been using old beer brewing bucket with tap, grain bag for the castings and a small aquarium pump. Can see the value of this frame to disperse the air and a more powerful pump. Thanks for sharing

GnarlyC

GnarlyC

Best too avoid manure in your tea and just use a good compost. Vermicasting is a good substitute, and you can use bat guano or rabbit poop. But other manures are asking for pathogen problems (especially if you're new to brewing).
Are worm castings enough or do I nerf to add other additives mentioned above?

mancorn

mancorn

Are worm castings enough or do I nerf to add other additives mentioned above?

Tea making is like brewing beer, so everyone has a receipt. The main idea however is to "feed" (provide sugars to) the microorganism in your worms castings (or compost) and make millions more. Instead of having to pour tons of compost in your garden, you only need to pour small amounts of tea to give your soil the same amount of microorganisms. So yes you can just use your worm casting, add in sugars (most brewers use blackstrap molasses), into declorinated water with good airflow (you can just use a aquarium pump with a stone) and you're good to go.

Edit: the science behind making teas and why they can be so beneficial to your garden is really fascinating, and my reply doesn't do justice to the topic. There is a ton of info online (search "actively aerated compost tea") and "Teaming with Microbes", is an excellent book to learn the basics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom