best organic pk booster

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why do you not want to use sea kelp?
technaflora soluble seaweed is like 0-0-12 ?
You can, but you need to be careful because you're getting a lot of other stuff (I can't call them secondary PLANT metabolites, because algae technically isn't a plant), hormones, etc, along with those nutrients. And if you overdo it, well... good luck!
Not entirely sure what to use for p. Huge shot in the dark but crabshells? Idk. I use banana peels for K though. I have a humble pile of compost going in a small tote in my grow room. Fun as hell bro. It's an amazing process. Amazing how hot the pile gets. Read a book called let it rot. Pretty interesting stuff.
Spent blossoms of other plants will have P located in those tissues.
Fish bone meal is 3-16-0...

As for potassium only dry amendment... sulfate of potash is some serious shit at 0-0-22 I believe... But I can't say much as for actually using it.

Do you feel that your mix is lacking K for some reason? What is your current mix like?

Edit: Someone said something about crab meal... 'tis 4-3-0, FTR.
I've used it, but you've really gotta be careful as it's very alkali, so you can only use a little bit.

I recently learned that lye is made from soaking hardwood ashes.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

What's good caveman? New recipe is still solid but not the same. a bit pricey now though... I haven't ran much of it. I use my own blend of bat and seabird Guanos. I always use ewc throughout every cycle. < that's is gold I don't care what anyone says!
Organic pk boosters are tricky, I've messed upthe timing vs aavailability and ended up with harsh smoke... that's why I recommended roots organic, its chelated and user friendly

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Good ideas sea ;^^^^^ are saying compost of the flowers from the garden or what about composted buds just a thought you know an old buddy of mine would harvest top half of trees then till the bootom half back into it's roots always dankfull for your contributions SEA

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

What's good caveman? New recipe is still solid but not the same. a bit pricey now though... I haven't ran much of it. I use my own blend of bat and seabird Guanos. I always use ewc throughout every cycle. < that's is gold I don't care what anyone says!
Organic pk boosters are tricky, I've messed upthe timing vs aavailability and ended up with harsh smoke... that's why I recommended roots organic, its chelated and user friendly
Man I'm trying to hype myself up for this nextgrow I haven't grown in going on a yyear but I been studying and composting this whole time :cigar::writing:
Lets see what comes of it peace and
And if you think it's going to come out harsh next time when you cut down throw those branches in a 5 gal jug like roses for a few days
Check out RTS rootless transport system if you haven't already it's interesting stuffs

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Composting old plants is the way to go! I throw in stalks and root balls into my compost basically a worm farm. Within a month it decomposes to some very rich material. Works best when growing organic

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Never thought of that but just blew my mind!
Man I'm trying to hype myself up for this nextgrow I haven't grown in going on a yyear but I been studying and composting this whole time :cigar::writing:
Lets see what comes of it peace and
And if you think it's going to come out harsh next time when you cut down throw those branches in a 5 gal jug like roses for a few days
Check out RTS rootless transport system if you haven't already it's interesting stuffs

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Never thought of that but just blew my mind!
Nice , I think something great always comes from a mind being blown lol

Like I put some djshort FLO in a vase of dryice and grenadine and the stems turned pinkish abd buds had some reddish oil glands I thought shit I hope it still gets me high
:nailbiting:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good ideas sea ;^^^^^ are saying compost of the flowers from the garden or what about composted buds just a thought you know an old buddy of mine would harvest top half of trees then till the bootom half back into it's roots always dankfull for your contributions SEA
Actually, just make a tea with 'em. For your consideration--fermented plant juices/extracts.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey fellas was doing some reading and came across this link. Could be useful for compost additives for certain micros and macros!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

This is true, but California is a Nazi state when it comes to omri certified. I believe they won't allow anything containing EWC as organic believe it or not. I learned this from farmers trying to utilize compost teas but couldn't not do that and stay "organic" in Ca.
Botanicare just changed their labels too. It now states on the back "not for use on organic crops in Ca"
I know produce farmers that use PBP on their certified organic crops that are now worried due to the scrutiny of.

IMO Ca is using strict rules on organic as a source of income. I may be wrong

Natural

Natural

fyi, Budswell is not approved for Organic agriculture in California.
@Tnelz, Here is a searchable list

FPE THREAD
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...acts-and-making-your-own-nutrient-line.18772/

I wonder if it's because of the mining or the processing..or both. I bet pure Potassium Sulfate is labeled organic..if it's raw and pure from the source. It would have to be for organic food farm.
@ Tnelz Seamaiden is right about the kelp...and bonemeal for that matter, them being strong additives..especially indoors. soil amending being the slippery slope indeed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not true, Z. Also, OMRI doesn't certify a thing, they are basically a list compilation service, that's it.

Right now the issue with manures are the NOP rules, and the state must remain in compliance there.

The issues inherent with how our government handles organic vs conventional agriculture again starts at the top, and absolutely, the states' certifying agencies are responding to it. Third party and all that shit, yeah? Yeah.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

See I knew I was kind of wrong but if I posted misleading info, sea would come in with an epic post, educating the masses, meanwhile I look not so cool... but im glad to take the hit! For the better of and I feel a bit smarter

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks for the info but it makes one hell of a tea and I'm not in Cali! Also plants getting the tea containing budswell aren't grown organic. Although there are some organic components to their feeds. Again thanks for the wisdom bro.
I shared the link with you regarding the fpe and npk. Your name is mentioned and then the link is below that.
I noticed that budswell indicated the Organic food crop thing on the label so shared the information.

it was intended for everyone. not directed @ you.

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

I shared the link with you regarding the fpe and npk. Your name is mentioned and then the link is below that.
I noticed that budswell indicated the OMRI food crop thing on the label so shared the information.

it was intended for everyone. not directed @ you.
Didn't take it like that bro. I completely appreciate the info. Didn't mean to come off any other way!

Natural

Natural

See I knew I was kind of wrong but if I posted misleading info, sea would come in with an epic post, educating the masses, meanwhile I look not so cool... but im glad to take the hit! For the better of and I feel a bit smarter

I wouldn't sweat it Z... As for California Organic Program it's geared for foodstuffs. So there are a long list of reasons products won't make the list. Bat Guano no matter how pretty the label is anything but morally sustainable. Seabird Guano is highly sustainable and most likely a pure product. These nute companies are sourcing from people who knock holes into the sides of bat caves..knowing the bats won't migrate to other colonies. Then you have the cave conditions..which would be bats pooping onto a carpet of cockroaches who are eating their shit and pooping themselves.
BUT..I have no problem smoking buds grown on bat guano..as long as i can't taste it..I could care less...and have used plenty of batshit..call me crazy.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Lol. She gets us all everytime. Hope it softens the blow bro!

Tnelz

Tnelz

I wouldn't sweat it Z... As for California Organic Program it's geared for foodstuffs. So there are a long list of reasons products won't make the list. Bat Guano no matter how pretty the label is anything but morally sustainable. Seabird Guano is highly sustainable and most likely a pure product. These nute companies are sourcing from people who knock holes into the sides of bat caves..knowing the bats won't migrate to other colonies. Then you have the cave conditions..which would be bats pooping onto a carpet of cockroaches who are eating their shit and pooping themselves.
BUT..I have no problem smoking buds grown on bat guano..as long as i can't taste it..I could care less...and have used plenty of batshit..call me crazy.
I c u have been watching the nectar videos. Or maybe u knew that about the caves already. I didn't know it was harvested like that till I saw Scott Ostranders video on YouTube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom