Best Outdoor Strains From 2015 - What Thrived For You?

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

My best was Old School Kush, who thrived through those weeks of 105 degreees. Other strains suffered. What worked for you?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

How about outdoor failures also? Black Yeti was not suited for outdoor cultivation IMO. Wasn't for me at least. Very high quality smoke, but hard to grow and low yielding.

Blaze

Blaze

Loran's Longbottom Leaf (aka Kush Cleaner, aka Heart Attack Kush), Archive O.G., Twist O.G., and Mendo Pineapple all did excellent and will be returning next season.

Azure Haze was very unimpressive unfortunately. Big huge plant that yielded very little, prone to mold and bugs, and generic, unimpressive finished product.

Punisher24

Punisher24

Berry Quazy Russian (Blueberry x Quazy Train (Qrazy Train x Qwerkle) x Chernobyl). Large yield and is doing a lot better outside.

tj Wise

tj Wise

Do you think the extended heat, well over 100 for weeks, played a big role in how half of my promising bushes turned into scraggly disappointments?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Over 100 was quite normal where I am. Lots of mulch seemed to do the trick. Blue dream of course thrived, as did the gorilla glues. Any of my alien crosses did well, except some got some mold with the last rain. Something about the alien genetics just thrives in that hot and dry climate. My 3x crazy X lemon alien dawg were the ones I wouldn't do again. Too dense of growth didn't allow much light inside the canopy, even after removing a ton of fan leaves. Would have been better suited for an indoor sog. Cannatonic X Lemon alien dawg was also great. Fast frosty baseballs. Sky walker OG at my buddy's farm seemed to be the winner in his garden, outperforming the gorilla glues and sour diesels, as well as finishing sooner.
I think Gorilla glue crossed with something with more stem strength would be great. I'd love to get my hands on Obsoul33t's glue-tech.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I really liked the cherry pie. Blue dream was the obvious winner with almost no pest or mold problems and rock hard nugs that look like indoor. Will never do the sour diesel from clone outdoor again even though I like doing it indoor. Guerrilla glue was good but I'm not sure if I got the right strain (I only did a couple and it was so dense with foliage it was super prone to getting powder. And all of my Mendo seed crosses from my friends were amazingly healthy and just plain massive. The blackberry headband produced the biggest buds I've ever seen in my life this year.

Top Bottom