Best outdoor strains

• Thread starter Hendro650
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hendro650

Next year my friend and I are planning on growing 4-6 plants for the first time outdoors. I would love to know other outdoor grower's opinions specifically on the best outdoor strains suitable for mostly warm weather as we are planning on growing next summer, but I also live very close to the ocean and I hear the water in the air can cause the plants to mold. I've been thinking about trying to grow some OG kush as I hear its relatively easy to grow and can deal with the weather if it gets cold.

Blaze

Blaze

OG is finicky I would not recommend it. It roots very slow, is slow to veg, does not handle stress well, and really does not like wet feet. If you have mold issues you are going to want to select something that does not get big, dense buds. Something like the Sour Diesel might do well, but it finishes very late.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
serious seeds Ak-47, sensi seeds afghan 1, lots of skunks and other AK hybrids....

i am dying to try blue dream outdoors...although it only comes in fem seeds.
I thought Blue dream was a "clone only"o_O ..I guess someone put some silver on her.

I am very impressed with Garden of Dreams seed co.s cross.
Blue Dream X Alien = Avatar
I started some late last summer and I found a keeper..Plus I made F2'seeds :)

I have a 5 foot tall f2 in my gh right now :D

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I thought Blue dream was a "clone only"o_O ..I guess someone put some silver on her.

I am very impressed with Garden of Dreams seed co.s cross.
Blue Dream X Alien = Avatar
I started some late last summer and I found a keeper..Plus I made F2'seeds :)
View attachment 310678
I have a 5 foot tall f2 in my gh right now :D
fucking right you found a keeper! id pick up packs just based off that pic. well done my friend.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If your new at this than you want a strain that will kick ass with the best of them, easy to grow, stay under 8 feet and be mold and pest resistant +

Northern Lights or a cross and just about everyone has some NL in it. You will not be disappointed.
I grew Barneys Farm Red Cheery Berry last year and I have never laughed so hard in 20 years after smoking it, eat everything in the fridge too. Very nice buds and great smoke.

What ever you get add 2 to 4 weeks to the growing time as they all lie about that.
White Rhino or White Shark

if you got to do a kush my vote is Vanilla Kush from Barneys or his new Crital Kush I'm doing some of that outside this year and inside too. The Vanilla I just took down and it's real fine, me likes and will grow lots of that.

If your growing for medical reasons go with the White's

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Well I would say its about your location. If you are in a place that has an early fall, keep that in mind and make sure to get only indica dominant/ solely indica strains. If are in norcal I would try any sativa leaning hybrid, especially haze's: blue dream, jack h, sour d, agent orange. All of these are sativa leaning and finish really nice outside as they are naturally spaced allowing for more air flow between the buds and therefore less mold. If you are lucky and live somewhere in the south, even L.A. or further down then go for a pure or highly leaning sativa.

If you are growing from seed it is a little late for the season but you can still pull off, I would look into any U.S. companies for seeds.

If you do decide to go with og, watch out for p.m. late into flower and make sure to top the shit out of her. It is the only way I have seen to get that strain to yield descent.

H

Hendro650

Well I would say its about your location. If you are in a place that has an early fall, keep that in mind and make sure to get only indica dominant/ solely indica strains. If are in norcal I would try any sativa leaning hybrid, especially haze's: blue dream, jack h, sour d, agent orange. All of these are sativa leaning and finish really nice outside as they are naturally spaced allowing for more air flow between the buds and therefore less mold. If you are lucky and live somewhere in the south, even L.A. or further down then go for a pure or highly leaning sativa.

If you are growing from seed it is a little late for the season but you can still pull off, I would look into any U.S. companies for seeds.

If you do decide to go with og, watch out for p.m. late into flower and make sure to top the shit out of her. It is the only way I have seen to get that strain to yield descent.
Hey thanks for your input and with further research I think I'm most likely going to go with sour diesel. Have always loved the strain and I think it'll do alright with the weather my town has. Unfortunately, we do occasionally have some pretty low temperature weather (usually nothing below 60 though ,especially during summer). Do you think it'll be fine?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hey thanks for your input and with further research I think I'm most likely going to go with sour diesel. Have always loved the strain and I think it'll do alright with the weather my town has. Unfortunately, we do occasionally have some pretty low temperature weather (usually nothing below 60 though ,especially during summer). Do you think it'll be fine?
If your first frost is not before the halloween than you should be good. If it is and you still want to do sour d, I would suggest some sort of light deprivation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom