best ph for pro mix?

• Thread starter kirk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kirk

been having some issues as of late and was curious as to what some of you farmers out there set your at.. been using pro mix with fox farms chunky perlite added in..chceked my run off this morning and its 5.6 .. is that to low for soilless? thoughts?

hubcap

hubcap

ive run as 'low' as 5.5/5.6 in pro mix, but, usually end up having the best results in the 5.8-6.0 range. (strain/pheno dependant.)

-cap

J

johard59

The Ph level is to be 7.0. and as u say Ur level is low, so u can add some dolomite or pearlite lime to incerase the ph level.

JH420

JH420

So what PH would you recommend Aussie? I have it 6.3 going into the promix...basically a middle of the road number to be safe. Seems to work for me, have to admit never check the run-off.

T

theslums

i havent checked either but ive had no problems just keep your water phd around 6.0-6.2

P

peter tosh

6.3 for me, but i am thinking higher ph might be better due to the fact pro mix is peat-based and peat has a natural ph of 3.4 to 4.8. i never have checked runoff, i need to try that sometime. all i know is ive harvested some fire from always having a ph of 6.3, so thats where i'm stickin unless somebody can tell me they tried a high ph and had good results.

M

Mr.Toque

Just started my first run using promix, transferred sprouted seedlings into a 50 50 mix of promix and super course perlite, ph reading was a lil high at 6.5, ill keep you updated on my experience at ph6.5

P

peacemaker2

Are there any additives that need to be mixed with your promix other then xtra perlite or vermiculite?When I am about to transplant should I soak the new potting soil with nutrients or plain water?Is it best to transplant right after feeding the little one into already nutrient rich soil?

Latest posts

Top Bottom