Best pH meters?

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

First time greenhouse grower here and I will need a reliable inexpensive pH meter. Any suggestions? (pic is of my new 10x12 greenhouse on my 27 acre land). I just popped some beans, SFV OG Kush and a strain called Mojo which I think is a Northern Lights X White Widow cross. (thanks to poster RMB)
BTW, I built the greenhouse myself <pat on the back>. Cost? about $650 in materials. It is built like a brick shithouse.

Best ph meters
S

SSHZ

THere is no such thing as an inexpensive AND reliable pH meter. I recently bought a Nutradip meter for around $175 and already sent it back for a replacement. Now the new one isn't working either. My advice: buy the best one you can afford so you have something reliable and aren't replacing them every year...

K

kolah

THere is no such thing as an inexpensive AND reliable pH meter. I recently bought a Nutradip meter for around $175 and already sent it back for a replacement. Now the new one isn't working either. My advice: buy the best one you can afford so you have something reliable and aren't replacing them every year...

Shit, I was afraid of that. LOL. Money is tight for me right now. I guess I could use pH litmus strips...but a PITA for sure.

jagle

jagle

Thanks..yup thats my property... off grid and below radar. :harvest:

gorgeous looking man lovely, say its nice to smoke and walk around there, small grow for a large plot of and

I've had really good luck with Hanna. Eseasongear has a ph/tds/ec meter on close out for 119

M

MIway

Shit, I was afraid of that. LOL. Money is tight for me right now. I guess I could use pH litmus strips...but a PITA for sure.

Use the pH drops instead... far easier to read the color variance. White paper towel behind it, flouro or MH bulb works best. Bright, clear yellow is 6.0 & just move from there.

More accurate than any of the meters one will likely buy in a lifetime, lest you go labgrade, meaning well over a g. Drops are hella cheap. Nut on by way of chemical reaction. Batteries last forever. ;-)

J

johndeere

I like the milwuakee ph600, It was only like 23 bucks with shipping ,comes with calibration liquid(if you look around) and rarely needs calibration. For a cheap investment its actually been a very good one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom