best place to surf and grow????

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zissou Intern

baja rock, baja malibu mexico.

amazing surf, great beaches, chill, and growing (personal obviously) is cake.

M

MediMary

Hells Yah! whos letting me surf there couch so I can surf some waves.lol

B

Big Bud Boy

Every one who said Santa cruz is correct. The waves there are spectacular. Pleasure point and The Hook are two of the nicest waves in Cali. The locals are intolerant of kooks and are generally pricks until you prove yourself and get familiar with them. Santa Cruz county has some of the most liberal pot laws in Cali. and the sheriff of SC county accually helped create the liberal laws so all is cool.

Peace; Big Bud Boy

M

mrbong73

Id say so cal! Theres beach breaks and point breaks from Ventura to TJ. And its legal here for patients to grow there own! Right now Blackies in Newport is 1 ft overhead and theres a offshore breeze, Classic winter West swell. waters 59 and the groms are in school. Dont get much better!!

That's what I'm talking about! Can't beat Lowers or Blacks for world class surf also.

D

dorkvan420

Forget SoCal, you'll die from smog , poor attitude, and selfishness......head up highway 17 turn right onto summit road, head 45 mins tell your driving on dirt and toss the beans out the window, now head back down follow H17 on down to Santa Cruz, where you can grow , surf, and have a longer life!!!!
There is no view like the 1 up at the towers off Summit Mt Madonna road, and man can they grow up there too!!!!!And you wont miss the 2 solstice parties up there at the flat next to the park, raging good time!!!!

OGONLY

OGONLY

That's what I'm talking about! Can't beat Lowers or Blacks for world class surf also.

Hell yeah Mr. Bong LOVE my lowers! Grew up in S.C. No not Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz of socal San Clemente. Place has just as many if not more killer spots than Santa Cruz. Warmer water and no sharks. Don't get me wrong, Santa Cruz is cool. Love the place for what I know of it. Locals are dicks but what do you expect?

Anyway Socal is not as chill for growing as up north in my opinion. Not as much open space in socal, and not as accepted either.

D

dorkvan420

"Locals are dicks".....hmmmm seams I noticed that more in SoCal than any other place surfers converge.....and has been seen by families of surfers for years(many of us have children that surf as well, and we saw no respect from locals down south, plain up rude, and its caused many encounters cause they think their shit dont stink, thats good for the kids to see!!!!) , but not to be so harsh on stinky SoCal, but locals are dicks everywhere!!!!!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Well, if it was me and I spoke Spanish. I'd head down to Costa Rica. I know a guy from back in Highschool. That open a nice hotel down there. Surfs everyday and has a nice little plantation if you know what I mean. All for personal smoke and special guest at his Hotel.

Some of the best waves in the world and pumping the summer months. When everyone else is flat. There are some down sides. Yes, there are sharks and Croc's in some area's. Though, the waves are pumping, women are hot, weed is dank, and food is fresh. SHIT! why ain't I down there. lol

Just my 2 cents worth.
BG

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Hawaii has great waves, cost of living sucks though.. and legally can only grow three mature plants with 1 ounce on each plant. better than nothing but not as great as some of the other states.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hawaii has great waves, cost of living sucks though.. and legally can only grow three mature plants with 1 ounce on each plant. better than nothing but not as great as some of the other states.

Ya, Hawaii is nice and nothing beats the North Shore. I personally like Queens for the longboarding. Since, my fat ass can't ride a shortboard anymore. lol Need to loose some weight. Miss, ripping and snapping off the top and spraying kooks. lol

1 oz per a plant. lol Got friends on three islands and they are getting more then an oz per a plant ;) Chopper's where going crazy a couple of days ago. Buddies in Puna said they where dropping in peoples back yards. That's got to really suck.
Later,
BG

PS, need to go visit Wally and check out Bells and the Golden Coast. Aussie style.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

off the wall is my fav place to surf on NS oahu, I like 7th hole over by turtle bay as well, hardly anyone out there usually.

.. They been talking of changing the laws around on the different islands, im not really up to date with whats popin off with regulations on the other isles though. I heard maui was getting one dispensary.
I just going to keep on doing what I do regardless :) heck I got a card right now but its had not to bend the rules every once in awhile ...lol

we should have a thcfarmer surf session :)

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

It depends if you want to surf more or grow more.....Cali if your dead serious about growing and the Islands if your a die hard surfer...

Killed all the bills to change our laws this year in the islands........

Surfed yesterday, was good, today is good and so is the next week.....I went to Cali to grow in the Triangle, but guess where I went back to...

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yo Billygoat Costa Rica is pretty sweet man. Love the waves and the women there. You're right the food is very good too.

I've been 3 times (haven't been back in 8 years) and became friends with a local there. He had bricks of both weed and coke. The weed was a 3 out of 10, the coke was a 10. Never did see good weed there. I'm sure it has arrived by now.

The Joker

The Joker

yo joker, what kinda board do you ride?

Well I'm getting old and have to trade some in for an 8' 0' old man gun.
I have a 6'6" flyer, a 8'0 Freeline hybrid longboard, a 7'6' epoxy minigun, a Matt Kechale Fish , An old countryboard, 7'8" squash tail and a Stewart funboard.
Been surfing the epoxy on the rare days I actually have time off, which has not been for over 6 months.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thats a nice collection you got joker...

out of all my boards I think the gemini is my fav...
:giggle
Gemini01

I have a 5'6'' Gemini it paddles like a 6'8'' though, real fun board to ride, super fast, but I find it harder to do snaps and fast transitions ... but it straight up is the fastest board I got. I have a nice little 5'8'' quad fish which is pretty fun to ride...

http://www.lalasurfboards.com/gemini.html

M

mrbong73

oh shit that things crazy!

Here's my Timmy Patterson 5'11 fishy

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thats a sick board mrbong :)
never rode a pin tail fish before, looks like a lot of fun

I wanna get me a single fin :joint:

Billygoat

Billygoat

Yo Billygoat Costa Rica is pretty sweet man. Love the waves and the women there. You're right the food is very good too.

I've been 3 times (haven't been back in 8 years) and became friends with a local there. He had bricks of both weed and coke. The weed was a 3 out of 10, the coke was a 10. Never did see good weed there. I'm sure it has arrived by now.

Ya, I love Costa Rica. I still don't know why I never moved down there. I've got a guy from highschool that has been down there for years. Bought a sweet spot before land prices went through the roof and built a nice little hotel to start. Then later on expanded and really built a nice place.

Ya, the local weed can be hit or miss. That's why knowing people like my buddy really pays off. He knows the surfing visiting wants good weed, so knowing him helps a ton. Yes, they have good pure white stuff, but I never done any of that. Wasn't my thing.

The women and food are awesome. I use to travel there in and after highschool. I haven't been in years and should have bought some land there a long time ago. I miss it and might return on day for a little holiday.
BG

Well I'm getting old and have to trade some in for an 8' 0' old man gun.
I have a 6'6" flyer, a 8'0 Freeline hybrid longboard, a 7'6' epoxy minigun, a Matt Kechale Fish , An old countryboard, 7'8" squash tail and a Stewart funboard.
Been surfing the epoxy on the rare days I actually have time off, which has not been for over 6 months.

I know the feeling. My body isn't what it use to be and feel your pain. I still think if I loose some weight. I can still ride a shortboard, but I'm happy with a 8'5" spoon.

thats a nice collection you got joker...

out of all my boards I think the gemini is my fav...
:giggle
View attachment 160984

I have a 5'6'' Gemini it paddles like a 6'8'' though, real fun board to ride, super fast, but I find it harder to do snaps and fast transitions ... but it straight up is the fastest board I got. I have a nice little 5'8'' quad fish which is pretty fun to ride...

http://www.lalasurfboards.com/gemini.html

Funny you posted that picture. I shaped a board kind of like it. I'll get some pictures later on. Still haven't taken her out. It's base on the old tom curren black beauty.
BG

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

In the states where do you guys think is the best combination of reasonable prices and good surfing? I would figure certain places in various states would be more expensive than others places in the same state.

Hawaii has the best waves and their all nice and warm.. but hell everything is so damn expensive out here. Depending on what island you live on electric can cost up to .37$ a KWH. Housing is expensive, food, etc... some areas are cheaper than others, but still just overall expensive.

then I just saw this article about the worst states to make a living in.

http://www.money-rates.com/news/10-worst-states-for-making-a-living.htm
:wondering

Latest posts

Top Bottom