Best pot size for Durban Poison

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm doing something everyday lol. It's my evening therapy. So I have the time.
Fox farm will be easier

If soil just use 5gallon

coco is more hands on but grows faster.

hydro on training wheels

they won’t even get that big in the tent to utilize 7gallon
This is what my final thoughts were. On my first grow, granted rhey were autos, the roots were no where even close to being root bound or even touching the sides. I too was not watering from the outside in at that time like I now have learned to do

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
More media doesn't always mean more buds. I'd recommend doing 2 or 3 plants in 3 gal pots of FFOF. Any bigger pots than that and your wet/dry cycle gets too drawn out unless the plants are gonna be 6 foot tall. In your little tent keep the plants in small containers and flower shorter plants.

7 gallon container really has no place in a tent that small unless you're gonna scrog out a single plant. Even then...

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'd recommend doing 2 or 3 plants in 3 gal pots of FFOF. Any bigger pots than that and your wet/dry cycle gets too drawn out unless the plants are gonna be 6 foot tall. In your little tent keep the plants in small containers and flower shorter plants.

7 gallon container really has no place in a tent that small unless you're gonna scrog out a single plant. Even then...
You basically answered my exact question. In my head that is what I pictured. 1, 7 gallon table top canopy or max 2. I like the idea of easy access, 1 line of plants vs 2 rows if that makes sense. I will leave it with I have 3, 5, and 7 gallon pots and I have all tye time in the world at night to give them. My wife calls them my babies

Observationist

Observationist

id use 3 gals, after growing in 5 gal and barely utilizing that size in a 5x5 tent, i mean i could now but pointless. would be 1 monster plant scrogged out

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Awesome feedback guys. This site kicks ass in so many ways. I've seen some joke of threads on other sites and yet to find such helpful people on here makes things easier. I'm a noobie, an idiot at this whose learned to love this hobby. I like to learn as much as I can so sorry about the questions but thank you for the answers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You basically answered my exact question. In my head that is what I pictured. 1, 7 gallon table top canopy or max 2. I like the idea of easy access, 1 line of plants vs 2 rows if that makes sense. I will leave it with I have 3, 5, and 7 gallon pots and I have all tye time in the world at night to give them. My wife calls them my babies
Are you open to different media? Or have you settled on FFOF?

FF is great but it can be tricky when the time comes you need to transition from plain water to nutrient solution. If you go that route I'd recommend reading through MiMeds perpetual thread.
Something like promix is very forgiving And gives you more control over the process from the start. Even 3 gallons of coco and perlite mixed 70/30 would do very well with a daily watering and give you a lot more control also.
Whatever the case, however many plants, I wouldn't use anything bigger than 3 gal in that space.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

If this helps too, this is the line of products and nutrients I've been using. Willing to invest in different options as well.
I WILL SAY I PERSONALLY HAVE SEEN A DIFFERRENCE SINCE I INTRODUCED FLOWER FUEL. The plants that got it are SUPER dense and they have nearly doubled in size (could also be timing)

20220121 181619
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is a good read for FFOF users.

C

Christos1974

The Durban Poison will not be autos. I'm switching to photoperiod plants for the first time. So would you suggest everything you just stated for Feminized Photo seeds (Durban Poison)? Sorry If my picture threw you off. That was just a joke of a plant I managed to basically bring back from the dead quickly and it was so tiny amd funny to look at. Surprised it even gave me nearly 20 grams.

I'll rephrase my question too for anyone else...
For Feminized Durban Poison Seeds. In a 4x2 space with a Mars hydro TSL2000, should I put 3 plants in 7 gallon pots right directly under the light or 4 plants in 5 gallon pots spread throughout in a square shape under a rectangular light.
Hello, welcome to THC Farmer. Did you say your tent is 5 feet tall?

C

Christos1974

Ok, with your light that would give you about 4ft of vertical grow space which would mean that you won't be vegging long at all before flipping the light, and since Durban poison is a100% sativa that could double in height during flowering I would go with the 3 gallon pots, anything larger would seem unnecessary, veg until they're 2ft or a little more, then top them, wait a few days for them to recover, then flip your light. This is just my opinion seeing how your vertical growth space is limited. Whatever you decide I wish the best.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Ok, with your light that would give you about 4ft of vertical grow space which would mean that you won't be vegging long at all before flipping the light, and since Durban poison is a100% sativa that could double in height during flowering I would go with the 3 gallon pots, anything larger would seem unnecessary, veg until they're 2ft or a little more, then top them, wait a few days for them to recover, then flip your light. This is just my opinion seeing how your vertical growth space is limited. Whatever you decide I wish the best.
Awesome. You literally gave me the idea that I had in mind but was considering topping twice if needed. Doing 3 plants in solos now and going to to 3 gallon pots.

20220204 143853
C

Christos1974

Awesome. You literally gave me the idea that I had in mind but was considering topping twice if needed. Doing 3 plants in solos now and going to to 3 gallon pots.
Excellent my friend, please be sure to keep us updated on your grow, I've never grown Durban Poison and I'm curious to see how she grows. May the cannabis Gods bless you with a great yield!

C

Christos1974

Also, I use red cups but I use a biodegradable seed starter bag with seed starter soil and put the bag in the red cup and when she's ready to be transplanted just remove the bag and plant the whole thing, just sharing an idea.
Augshy 400pcs Biodegradable Seed Nursery Bags, Non-Woven Plants Grow Bags, Fabric Seedling Pots Plants Pouch, Home Garden Supply 9x12cm/3.54”x 4.72” https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086PD8QV4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CTFQQ4V55H098C1J53RT

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Also, I use red cups but I use a biodegradable seed starter bag with seed starter soil and put the bag in the red cup and when she's ready to be transplanted just remove the bag and plant the whole thing, just sharing an idea.
Augshy 400pcs Biodegradable Seed Nursery Bags, Non-Woven Plants Grow Bags, Fabric Seedling Pots Plants Pouch, Home Garden Supply 9x12cm/3.54”x 4.72” https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086PD8QV4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CTFQQ4V55H098C1J53RT
Thank you for good details. Being new to alll of this amd seeing sooo much damn things on the market is difficult. Can you maybe answer a question that I have yet to find an answer to by chance? I have Humboldts Plant Enzymes and don't know when the earliest to introduce them in FoxFarm Soil. Hoping someone can help with that one. Last grow was when I bought it and even the bottle isn't very clear

C

Christos1974

Thank you for good details. Being new to alll of this amd seeing sooo much damn things on the market is difficult. Can you maybe answer a question that I have yet to find an answer to by chance? I have Humboldts Plant Enzymes and don't know when the earliest to introduce them in FoxFarm Soil. Hoping someone can help with that one. Last grow was when I bought it and even the bottle isn't very clear
Humboldt plant enzymes is very powerful, mix ratio is about 1ml/ gallon, since enzymes break down soil and prevent nutrient build-up I would suggest using when you start adding nutrients to your plants, which could be as early as the second week. Also, it's very important to allow the seedlings time to establish a root system before adding nutrients to prevent any damage to immature roots, but if you do decide to add nutrients sooner go easy and I would recommend a quarter of the suggested amount(just tickle them) to prevent damage. Also, if your seed starting mix is good you won't need to add any nutrients untill week 3, this is just my opinion and it works for me, good luck.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Humboldt plant enzymes is very powerful, mix ratio is about 1ml/ gallon, since enzymes break down soil and prevent nutrient build-up I would suggest using when you start adding nutrients to your plants, which could be as early as the second week. Also, it's very important to allow the seedlings time to establish a root system before adding nutrients to prevent any damage to immature roots, but if you do decide to add nutrients sooner go easy and I would recommend a quarter of the suggested amount(just tickle them) to prevent damage. Also, if your seed starting mix is good you won't need to add any nutrients untill week 3, this is just my opinion and it works for me, good luck.
All good info. I learned my lesson about nutrients and early introduction on my first grow (2 grows ago). I found it to be around week 3 on my last grow that my plants were wanting some food. But those were autos and this will be my first attempt at photos. Will definetly be updating. Seedlings look good so far. That's a start. My 2 Previous grows i struggled weeks 1 to 4

C

Christos1974

All good info. I learned my lesson about nutrients and early introduction on my first grow (2 grows ago). I found it to be around week 3 on my last grow that my plants were wanting some food. But those were autos and this will be my first attempt at photos. Will definetly be updating. Seedlings look good so far. That's a start. My 2 Previous grows i struggled weeks 1 to 4
Yeah, I found that growing cannabis is nothing but problems until you get it right, find out what works for you and fine tune it, don't deviate(unless you're experimenting , which is cool) from what works for you and repeat the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom