Best Practices for Achieving High Yield

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

All,
I am interested in increasing yield. I am presently running LED's and CO2 enrichment. Nutrient line is Floramax and I am getting about 2.5 per light. How do you get over the 3 per light threshold?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
140g+ a plant is pretty impressive unless you are vegging them for a month or so. You can try and tweak your veg time and plant count. Thats really how I nailed down the yields.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am currently getting about 5 1/2 zips. What strain would you recommend. Looking for something 60/40 indica dominant with those pretty purple and orange colors.

Not sure. I dont worry about bag appeal. In my experience mr. nice or motarebel tend to have high potency and high yield. I have done very well with critical mass crosses and black widow crosses.

And the thai and haze hybrid stuff flowers longer but makes huge buds.

Anthem

Anthem

140g+ a plant is pretty impressive unless you are vegging them for a month or so. You can try and tweak your veg time and plant count. Thats really how I nailed down the yields.
Guilty of vegging for over a month. I have 2 high yielders right now. Alien OG and Watermelon Gelato. Might have a third will get an idea when I chop tomorrow. I usually only veg in the flower rooms for a week, have a good grow out area.
I have heard of the many small plant thing. Is that what you are talking about?

Nuteboot

Nuteboot

All,
I am interested in increasing yield. I am presently running LED's and CO2 enrichment. Nutrient line is Floramax and I am getting about 2.5 per light. How do you get over the 3 per light threshold?
Do you mind explaining your method to get 2.5 a light. I’m at about 1.5

CF89

CF89

First grow in my life

5 gallon buckets

promix. That’s it.

watered full strength with GH nutrients.

vegged for 2 months under a viparspectra 2000 LED. Actual draw is 395w

no co2. No ppm. No ph testing.

3x3 tent. I pulled 11.5oz from two photos and an auto flower. So 4oz each pretty much for a first grow ever and a blurple light.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
First grow in my life

5 gallon buckets

promix. That’s it.

watered full strength with GH nutrients.

vegged for 2 months under a viparspectra 2000 LED. Actual draw is 395w

no co2. No ppm. No ph testing.

3x3 tent. I pulled 11.5oz from two photos and an auto flower. So 4oz each pretty much for a first grow ever and a blurple light.
So you're at .85 grams per watt on that grow...not to be a negative nelly but there's room for improvement there. Just getting to harvest on a first run is a big deal and the plants looked great so...yeah. But this guy is talking almost unheard-of yields at 3g/w

growsince79

growsince79

I am currently getting about 5 1/2 zips. What strain would you recommend. Looking for something 60/40 indica dominant with those pretty purple and orange colors.
Just curious, what is your yield / sqft / month. To me that's more meaningful than gpw. Example 12 oz / 8sqft / 4 months = 0.375 oz/sqft/month

CF89

CF89

So you're at .85 grams per watt on that grow...not to be a negative nelly but there's room for improvement there. Just getting to harvest on a first run is a big deal and the plants looked great so...yeah. But this guy is talking almost unheard-of yields at 3g/w
Hmm that’s interesting. I’ll have to crunch the math on the next few too.

how do you figure he’s getting 3G/w? I never saw his light mentioned?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Hmm that’s interesting. I’ll have to crunch the math on the next few too.

how do you figure he’s getting 3G/w? I never saw his light mentioned?
I think he might be a SpiderF guy like me...stuff looks dank AF... 2.5 is sick...3? Idk that's probably out of my league for sure

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Just curious, what is your yield / sqft / month. To me that's more meaningful than gpw. Example 12 oz / 8sqft / 4 months = 0.375 oz/sqft/month
So my calculation for my goal this run is .45 How does that translate in your opinion?

For my space thats about a QP a month

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So my calculation for my goal this run is .45 How does that translate in your opinion?

For my space thats about a QP a month

I think the amount of time you veg needs to be in that equation. Longer veg contributes to higher yield as well.

Top Bottom