Best RO system

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UCtheOceanState

growonix is garbage, customer service sux balls, go hydrologic, i have a 2400.00 growonix gx 1000 with uv light, booster pump and all that crap, works like garbage, i havent used it in months i have been using my hydrologic merlin garden pro instead, sturdy, and reliable, i havent been able to get in touch with growonix for months they have been giving me the run around and wont answer any more emails or return my calls

Venom818

Venom818

growonix is garbage, customer service sux balls, go hydrologic, i have a 2400.00 growonix gx 1000 with uv light, booster pump and all that crap, works like garbage, i havent used it in months i have been using my hydrologic merlin garden pro instead, sturdy, and reliable, i havent been able to get in touch with growonix for months they have been giving me the run around and wont answer any more emails or return my calls

heard the merlin got discontinued because of problems

opt1c

opt1c

i have a growonix gx200, hydrologic stealth200, and some current culture ro units from back in the day 200 and 100 gpd models.... fwiw they all appear to be constructed from the same parts; all have interchangeable filters; and they all work as advertised... had a bitch getting good ro membranes a lil over a year ago.. seems like when one brand has problems they all have problems... went to just filtered tap water for awhile bypassing the ro membrane, which only the current culture model has out of the box, and had great results as my tap water isn't insane

The biggest trick to these is not forgetting to change the filters every 4-6 months max; solid white or black plastic housings can take more pressure than the clear housings so be careful if you're using a booster pump on one where you can see the carbon and sediment filters; also the solid housings block light which i always think is a good thing and those clear filter housings puzzle me in that regard

RO is a must if you're serious about making teas and using benficials imho though

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I have the Hydro Logic evolution 1000 it's super simple and works great. It's a 2:1 waste wish it was a 1:1 but I'm very satisfied and picked it up at my local shop for 540 cash otd

U

UCtheOceanState

the merlin was discontinued beacuse it has a 4:1 water to waste lol, jeez i never knew it was that bad

Papa

Papa

Supporter
the merlin was discontinued beacuse it has a 4:1 water to waste lol, jeez i never knew it was that bad

GE advertised the merlin as being 2:1. two gallons of waste to each gallon of product. but their literature for professionals said that it's efficiency is 25%, which is 3:1. i find that mine operates close to 2:1.

it was discontinued due to issues unrelated to the typical waste ratios.

U

UCtheOceanState

GE advertised the merlin as being 2:1. two gallons of waste to each gallon of product. but their literature for professionals said that it's efficiency is 25%, which is 3:1. i find that mine operates close to 2:1.

it was discontinued due to issues unrelated to the typical waste ratios.

i checked mine the other day and it is doing 3.3 gals to 1, ppm is at 0 in the finished RO, ppm is 170 ppm in waste water- i was just saying that sarcasticlly because the ratio was so high, it was an attempt at humor :-\ i didnt mean it as the real reason why it was discontinued

S

SSHZ

Might I suggest www.freedrinkingwater.com

I've used these guys for over 5 years now and am happy. And they have excellent customer service.

I have the countertop unit but they have whole house systems too.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Might I suggest www.freedrinkingwater.com

I've used these guys for over 5 years now and am happy. And they have excellent customer service.

I have the countertop unit but they have whole house systems too.

Those are way overpriced imo they want almost $2000 for an 800gpd? Thats an arm and a leg if you ask me. Its not that serious imo, as long as the basic bad shit is stripped from the water which im sure the merlin does just fine or any other filter. I dont think the plants really care like that ive seen people grow warehouses with unfiltered tap water and no sitting. I wouldnt personally do that but he did and they still came out ok. Im just sayin thats overdoing it for something thats not gonna make that big of a difference in the long run.

I could see if it was a person in the house who had some deathly allergy to something in the tap water or something of that nature then 2000 might not be so bad for a water filter but not for some plants thats just foolish I don't care how rich you are.

S

SSHZ

I use the counter top unit which cost around $250, which is very reasonable. I can go over a year w/o having to change any of the filters. But I understand that's a lot for a whole house unit, which it is. Point is: buy cheap, get crap. Pay more, get a better quality unit with no problems. EVER.

O

OCDgrower

Just got a GrowoniX GX1000 with the booster pump—unreal cool, built like a freakin' tank. The waste ratio was about 1.5:1 out of the box. Called Lain as UCMENOW suggested and he showed my how to tune the ratio to anything I want. I'm gonna keep it at just over 1:1 as my well is about 1500ppm. ***TALK TO LAIN*** There are so many mods and upgrades that can be done on this thing, so many different filters to choose from to meet different water demands. This is my third RO. I liked my last two, but the GrowoniX is the shizzy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom